Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt McCoy= The Man

Bhutanibeast

We have a better Colt. And yes I believe that. Just cause he didn't play ball in a prestigious conference everyone wants to say he doesn't have it. But i don't care if you are playing high schoolers 70% completion for a CAREER is incredible. Not to mention the other 30 NCAA records he has.

McCoy was not that impressive in my book. Don't get me wrong, he played well, but I truly could not see any difference between him and Brennan. Similar mechanics, similar offense in college, similar throws. If Brennan had played for a big college like Texas, with a legit defense, I think you would have seen the same result.

My girlfriend is from Austin and is a HUGE Longhorns fan so I've been watching Colt McCoy for a while and while he's a good QB, I see nothing from him that tells me that he's a "must have" any more than say Sam Bradford or Matt Stafford.

If he is in the same category as those two then hes must have if he can be had for a late first or early second. As many have said, he wont be coming out till after next year so we have some time to see what we already have on the team. McCoy is certainly a player though! He always seems to combine great decisions with just enough gamble.

Matt Cassel is a system QB...and I can't wait to see the draft Tim Tebow threads after this thursday:doh:

Dear Lord, I fear you're correct....:doh:

Funny thing is..........is there was ever an illustration of a "system" QB, personnified, it's Tebow.

I guarantee he will never be a relevant QB in the NFL, as has been the case for so many "awesome" QB's out of Gator land in the past.

If he is in the same category as those two then hes must have if he can be had for a late first or early second. As many have said, he wont be coming out till after next year so we have some time to see what we already have on the team. McCoy is certainly a player though! He always seems to combine great decisions with just enough gamble.

Well the OP was saying that we should do whatever it takes to get him. I don't feel that way about him because we're kind of stuck in limbo right now with our QB situation. Jason will get another offseason in the system and probably some OL help for next year but if he doesn't perform well early into next year, I think Zorn is going to give Colt Brennan a shot to see what he has before deciding to spend a 1st rounder on someone like McCoy.

But you're right, if we get through next year and there are still big question marks at QB, McCoy is a great choice.

*Edit: I forgot to add, a run game would help him out tremendously too!

It took his bowl game for you guys to realize he was good. When a college QB consistently throws for 3-400 yards that is a good measurement of a quality QB. Not someone who gets carried by Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams to a bowl game in their senior season. (okay sorry guys I had to get that one in)

Texas doesn't run the ball a lot either though, come to think of it neither does most of the Big 12.

McCoy was not that impressive in my book. Don't get me wrong, he played well, but I truly could not see any difference between him and Brennan. Similar mechanics, similar offense in college, similar throws. If Brennan had played for a big college like Texas, with a legit defense, I think you would have seen the same result.

Not that impressive? He was probably more deserving than bradford for the heisman considering that texas beat Oklahoma in the head to head matchup. He is also is the leading rusher on what is arguably the best team in the country.

And no im not gonna start threads like this because tebow and bradford dont have the skills to go to the nfl like colt mccoy. and please do not compare colt mccoy to colt brennan. Brennan shattered records because he playing in a throw 98% of the time offense against crappy competition. We all saw what happened against georgia and even in some of the preseason games this year. He didnt go 9 for 10 with 130 and 2 tds every game for us. Mccoy can run and throw with the best of them and has excellent accuracy.

OK, since there are so many people who follow draft prospects so closely, what is McCoy's projection? I've heard a lot about Bradford/Sanchez/Stafford, but maybe I just haven't heard anything about McCoy because he's said he's coming back to school. Is he a highly regarded pro prospect? Or is he just another guy who looks great in a particular college system?

no real speculation because he's said he plans to come back next year.

no real speculation because he's said he plans to come back next year.

Well, it would lead me to believe that he isn't highly regarded as a pro QB. You don't generally see big time college QBs go back to school when they have a chance at being a very high pick. Remember when Matt Leinart did it and everyone was shocked. Most of the time if someone goes back to school, it's because they know they're not going to be an early round pick.

Well, it would lead me to believe that he isn't highly regarded as a pro QB. You don't generally see big time college QBs go back to school when they have a chance at being a very high pick. Remember when Matt Leinart did it and everyone was shocked. Most of the time if someone goes back to school, it's because they know they're not going to be an early round pick.

But dude, Leinart wanted to win the championship! That's what he said!

That and he wasn't very good at ballroom dancing so he needed to take a course.

Colt Mccoy is expected to be then number 1 or 2 qb prospect in 2010 along with mark sanchez

];6026243']I'd rather have Bradford. His accuracy and fundamentals (especially his footwork) are the complete antithesis of JC. If JC fails next season' date=' he's the guy we should get.[/quote']

Yea he is a great player but we have no shot at getting him....he is probably going to be a top 3 pick this year.

Ok whatever we do, we need to get Colt Mccoy. Unless Jason Campbell has an extremely impressive year and the redskins make the playoffs, the redskins need to do whatever it takes to get Colt Mccoy. The man can flat out play. Everyone who watched him play tonight saw a franchise qb lead his team down the field when they need him most. Thats what this organization needs- a leader.

Plus he can run

This team has a leader. His name is Vinny.

Yea he is a great player but we have no shot at getting him....he is probably going to be a top 3 pick this year.

The only reason I'd want him is if JC plays awful. If JC plays awful, we can expect a Top 10 Pick. It would be difficult to trade up for him, but he'd be worth it.

I love how everytime someone plays well in a bowl game someone makes a thread about how they should be a Redskin.

I know right?:doh:

But I'm bored, so I'll play the game. Lets say we did do this, how long would it take Colt to learn whatever offense the skins will be playing at the time? The never ending cycle of the relvolving door ar RSP would continue. I say lets steal a page from the Pats. Draft a QB, develop him, when he's ready or needed....play him. They make it look so simple and easy....dont they???:2cents:

I think we should draft Tajh Boyd.

HS FOOTBALL: U.S. Army All-American High School Bowl

Published: Sunday, January 4, 2009 3:03 AM EST

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Tajh Boyd threw three touchdown passes, including a pair to Miami-bound Bryce Brown, and the East high school stars beat the West 30-17 in U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Saturday.

Archived