Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alright tell me about MD and VA

SkinsOrlando

I'm not too concerned about "living it up" - I somehow find the areas I can enjoy and my big things are concerts.

I just want somewhere up here that's definitely on the safe end and where I can get a place and be for a while. Hopefully somewhere where I'd get married and have a family down the road....

baaaaaaah!!! get a studio in Adams Morgan and party every night!! :silly:

SO, did you figure out where you want to go up here?

Not yet, I'm still trying to get a job here in FL but it still looks likely working for the big **** up I mean government will be where I end up. Once I get that straightened completely out I'll be up there checking out some places listed in this thread. MIA thats an interesting idea and might be something for a few months if I can't find a place right away.

So.....I just read through this thread and the unanimous "good" places include Columbia, Frederick, Upper Marlboro, and Ashburn.

I'm looking at moving up here in the next 1.5-2 years.

What would be best for a 23-24 year old between those areas? Of course, things can change in that timeframe, but I really hope to buy a place when I move up here.

SO, did you figure out where you want to go up here?

Move someplace inside the beltway in VA and you're good. :2cents:

Not yet, I'm still trying to get a job here in FL but it still looks likely working for the big **** up I mean government will be where I end up. Once I get that straightened completely out I'll be up there checking out some places listed in this thread. MIA thats an interesting idea and might be something for a few months if I can't find a place right away.

Let me know. I have a 5 Bedroom house and it's just me for right now.

Anyone say Burke, VA yet? That a really nice area, and not far away from anything.

Woohoo for Burke. I'm a Fairfax County native. I used to live near Fair Oaks in the late 70's/early80's. Then to Fairfax Station/Burke area in the mid 80's to now. It's fairly safe here. My mom drove to DC every day when she was a government employee. The commute is a pain during rush hour but not bad on the weekends. Probably best to take the Metro into DC (I do). If I go to MD, it's on the weekend and I try to avoid the Wilson Bridge since it's under construction. I"m used to the Springfield Mixing bowl since I live here. It is a little expensive out here, but I like Burke. I have a good deal as far as renting my place. I can walk to the grocery store and even a bar that I hardly ever go to. I usually end up going to a bar in Fairfax near my work or near George Mason University. The Fairfax County parkway takes you anywhere up and down the county. As far as dog parks, we don't have many for your pugs right here in Burke though. Overall, Burke area is a nice family-oriented and even nice place for single people.:2cents:

Happy house hunting.:cheers:

Archived