Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Salary Cap and Salary Cap Space For '09

KingGibbs

We all know that both of our lones need to be revamped this offseason. Below I'v listed players that COULD get released due to age, performance, constant injuries or worth.

Player- '09 Salary- Cap hit- Savings

J.Taylor-$8.5 million- None- $8.5 million

ShawnSprings-$8.483 million- $2.483 million- $6 million

M.Washington-$6.520 million- $2.020 million- $4.5 million

C. Griffin-$6.166 million- $2.549 million- $3.617 million

P.Daniels-$2.057 million- $114,000- $1.943 million

J.Thrash-$945,000- $100,00 - $845,000

T.Yoder-$887,000- $117,000- $770,00

IF these players were released we are looking at a savings of $26.175 million.

That's very significant and could really help in fixing those lines. (Fingers crossed)

If I didn't list a player, it's due to too big of a cap hit or minimal impact on the cap.

This doesn't include the fact that the cap may go up and create even more space.

There may be hope folks and yeah I know about the Vinny factor.

Info courtesy of

http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm

I agree. Not all of them will go, but a majority could. Springs, depsite his injury problem, is the only one I would for sure keep.

Really? He is the first one I would release. Then sign Hall to a contract worth about the same, for 6-10 years. Lock up our young corners. We will have Los and Hall back there for years.

Thanks for the info.

Hall

Golston

Montgomery

Evans

Kendall

K. Campbell

Albright

Fabini

Doughty

Geisinger

Boschetti

M. Green

We've gotta make a decision on these guys, re-sign them or let 'em loose. That's gonna take some duckets. I think you just take Springs' money and hand it to Hall. Both kicking jobs should be open competition.

Maybe I don't really understand the whole contract thing, but if we traded him wouldn't the other team have to pay his contract? I'm confused.
The other team pays his base salaries, but we would be responsible for the remaining signing bonus, which is significant. Portis can not be traded/cut.

Really? He is the first one I would release. Then sign Hall to a contract worth about the same, for 6-10 years. Lock up our young corners. We will have Los and Hall back there for years.

Hall is a BEAST!! The man has 3 picks and 1 fumble in 4 games.

I hope we keep him.

Wow, I can't believe we have Randle El, Andre Carter, Randy Thomas, and TODD COLLINS locked up through 2013.

From 2010-2013 Collins will have a bigger hit per year than Chris Cooley makes this year and from 2011-2012 Collins counts as much as LaRon Landry's hit. Next year Collins' cap hit will be more than Jason Campbell's.

Yeah. Restructure his deal and keep him. Can never have too many good corners. I agree with the need to resign Hall. I'd dump Smoot before Springs, but I'd rather have them both.

Wow, I can't believe we have Randle El, Andre Carter, Randy Thomas, and TODD COLLINS locked up through 2013.

From 2010-2013 Collins will have a bigger hit per year than Chris Cooley makes this year and from 2011-2012 Collins counts as much as LaRon Landry's hit. Next year Collins' cap hit will be more than Jason Campbell's.

Yep. We're married to many of those players for a couple of years.

Portis won't be here more than another 2 years, according to these numbers.
Base on my analysis of the #'s, he's guaranteed to be here through next season and then be released as a June 1st cut. That would still leave us with a $10M dead cap hit, $3.354 in 2010 and $6.704M in 2011. Portis has one of the most, if not THE most mismanaged, inflated contracts in the history of the NFL. That one is squarely on Cerrato/Snyder's shoulders.

Archived