Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC - Cartwright: 'We Put It All Out There'

Saqs

Are you going to hold that against Monk too? I believe he only spoke once in a situation like this during his career, and just led by example.

I actually think Monk is a great example. He was a guy that wasn't comfortable doing such things, and for most of his career he didn't have to because there were other guys around that would/could do it, but when push came to shove and there was a time when nobody else really could/would step up and do it except for Monk, he did it.

Well, in fairness, that was with Gibbs and GW in charge of this group. I don't think we can put that on them one way or the other. We just have to see what Zorn does with it because it's a different team now.

Very true. It is during times such as this that men are able to prove their ability to lead or fail. The jury is out on this certain man's ability but lets wait and see. In the same fairness, Gibbs had an ability like no other. Williams was able to learn from the best, IMO. Zorn does not have that luxury so we shall see.

I'm not holding it against JC at all. But on an offense that doesnt seem to have a vocal leader, I'd love to see the QB be the one to step up at a time like that. Especially if he never has. It would hold elephant tons in weight IMO.

I would like to see JC be more vocal for the simple fact that some of his players are making him look worse than he really is right now. Granted, do you really want JC to be vocal at a time like this? I think JC is leading by example. The elephant in the room has already been addressed; don't say too much and put it back in the room. Have you ever heard JC complain about not getting blocking, even though he knows better than anyone that he hasn't been protected very well the last several weeks?

There are times when JC needs to be more vocal, yes. But I don't believe that this was one of the times.

--------

EDIT:

Cartwright was not the only person to let everyone know about Zorn and Portis' meeting:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3760058

Fletcher can be a leader because he also is a top notch performer on the field. The only offensive person whose on-field performance is that of a "leader" is Clinton Portis. And unfortunately, he's far from a leader.

JC could assume the leadership role, but on the field he's done nothing that would warrant him "taking charge" of anything.

Fletcher can be a leader because he also is a top notch performer on the field. The only offensive person whose on-field performance is that of a "leader" is Clinton Portis. And unfortunately, he's far from a leader.

JC could assume the leadership role, but on the field he's done nothing that would warrant him "taking charge" of anything.

What about earlier in the season? He led two game-winning drives and had a third in his pocket had Leigh Torrence not gotten beaten like a drum by Donnie Avery in that Rams' game.

I understand how much everyone wants their QB to 'carry a team'. But JC can't MAKE his offensive linemen block better for him, or MAKE his receivers catch balls. A quarterback starts with the ball and makes a decision on what to do with it, all while depending on everyone else to do their job. If they don't do their job and the play fails, JC gets the blame because he's the quarterback. If that's what a 'leadership role' is, I don't really fault JC for not wanting it.

They just quoted Rock from the Park on 980 as posing the question, "Do you think I'D still be here if I'd said on radio what a franchise player said?", which kinda' fly's in the face of the theory that Clinton speaks for the players.

Nice to see the players and REAL team leaders taking responsibility and sorting these problems out in a team meeting.

On to Cincy.....

Hail.

Just what I thought all along. Cooley sprinkles it and Rock delivers.

I'm glad Cartwright and Fletcher stepped up like that. Hopefully all these worries that "OH MY GOSH THE TEAM IS FALLING APART NOOOO!!!" will come to an end.

Portis was frustrated for being benched, that was probably the first time in his career he had ever been truly put on the bench for a back-up.

Zorn is still new to being a head coach. Do you think that the two of them aren't grown men and can't settle differences? This was blown way out of proportion.

Archived