Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC - Cartwright: 'We Put It All Out There'

Saqs

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/12/cartwright_we_put_it_all_out_t.html

Rock Cartwright and London Fletcher, two of the team captains, spoke at a team meeting held this morning in the wake of Clinton Portis' comments Tuesday.

Cartwright said it was very important for Jim Zorn to address the issue head-on - "we put it all out there in the open," he said - and that that would allow both sides to move on.

Portis did not speak at the meeting, but Zorn told the team that both he and Portis probably had said some things they regretted, according to Cartwright.

Cartwright told his teammates they "need to stick together and hold each other accountable."

Fletcher urged the team to focus on the importance of the game Sunday in Cincinnati and said that, for the most part, "guys do believe" in what's going on here, but "every now and then guys need a little pushing."

Fletcher also asked his teammates to "believe in what's being called" and to "believe in each other."

Good stuff. Certainly doesn't sound like its as bad as some make out.

In the recent past, I am one who reads and listens, rather than posts. I think now that the air is somewhat "clean" it would be a good time to remind those who don't believe in this year that this team, for whatever reason, plays better through adversity and doubtfullness than when the ship is floating through the calm straight. Just my opinion, of course, but it shouldn't be forgotten that the book has not yet closed on the 2008 campaign. :2cents:

In the recent past, I am one who reads and listens, rather than posts. I think now that the air is somewhat "clean" it would be a good time to remind those who don't believe in this year that this team, for whatever reason, plays better through adversity and doubtfullness than when the ship is floating through the calm straight. Just my opinion, of course, but it shouldn't be forgotten that the book has not yet closed on the 2008 campaign. :2cents:

the sky is falling..

no wait...were winning.

oh no, its over!

oh wait, they settled things.

thats how I see ES during the season. But its ok because people like us realize how it goes and dont give up no matter what until the very end.

:cheers:

the sky is falling..

no wait...were winning.

oh no, its over!

oh wait, they settled things.

thats how I see ES during the season. But its ok because people like us realize how it goes and dont give up no matter what until the very end.

:cheers:

There will be plenty of time in the offseason to critique. The board is here for some to lose their mind and others to vent. And then it's here for us to post things such as we have. To each is own. We are all just part of a rabid fan base who loves this team like part of our family. :cheers:

Would have been nice for somebody w/ the 1st team offense to have talked.

How do you know they didn't? :whoknows:

It's not like JLC was in the room with them.

"I just stay out of it and keep it between them," Campbell said. "And as a leader you do whatever you can to keep the guys going. ... It's only a distraction if guys let it be."

They just quoted Rock from the Park on 980 as posing the question, "Do you think I'D still be here if I'd said on radio what a franchise player said?", which kinda' fly's in the face of the theory that Clinton speaks for the players.

Nice to see the players and REAL team leaders taking responsibility and sorting these problems out in a team meeting.

On to Cincy.....

Hail.

They just quoted Rock from the Park on 980 as posing the question, "Do you think I'D still be here if I'd said on radio what a franchise player said?", which kinda' fly's in the face of the theory that Clinton speaks for the players.

Nice to see the players and REAL team leaders taking responsibility and sorting these problems out in a team meeting.

Respect to Rock +1000

Well, in fairness, that was with Gibbs and GW in charge of this group. I don't think we can put that on them one way or the other. We just have to see what Zorn does with it because it's a different team now.

They just quoted Rock from the Park on 980 as posing the question, "Do you think I'd still be here if I'd said on radio what a franchise player said?", which kinda' fly's in the face of the theory that Clinton speaks for the players.

On to Cincy.....

Hail.

This says a lot to me. A whole lot.

True indeed. Just goes to show there are no leaders or captains on that side. JC, that was your time bro.

exactuly, and he chose to "stay out of it" ... not showing characteristics of a leader at all. But i still think you're play on the field defines you as a leader, you don't just get that tag because you happen to be a starter. The leadership will come when JC has the ability to take over a game and win it in the clutch.

Until the players truly believe JC is on charge on the field, he's just the starting QB of this team.

Would have been nice for somebody w/ the 1st team offense to have talked.

Cartwright's a captain for a reason. In the kick return game, he is a hard worker and a model of consistency. JC did well to stay out of it, IMHO, because everyone's trying to throw him under the bus right now. A guy that's a special teams captain talks to offensive players in our depth chart AND defensive players in our depth chart. So he could speak for both sides and be quite valid.

Are you going to hold that against Monk too? I believe he only spoke once in a situation like this during his career, and just led by example.

I'm not holding it against JC at all. But on an offense that doesnt seem to have a vocal leader, I'd love to see the QB be the one to step up at a time like that. Especially if he never has. It would hold elephant tons in weight IMO.

Archived