Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marvin Lewis

brettstr

Has anyone here considerd the possibility of blowing up the defensive and offensive coaches to re vitalize these units. One considereration is Marvin Lewis who is definitely out in Cincy. He could replace Blache who is adequate but is not outstanding. I beleive we need more youth at position coaches as well Offense and Defense. Get rid of Bugel and Blache.

Has anyone here considerd the possibility of blowing up the defensive and offensive coaches to re vitalize these units. One considereration is Marvin Lewis who is definitely out in Cincy. He could replace Blache who is adequate but is not outstanding. I beleive we need more youth at position coaches as well Offense and Defense. Get rid of Bugel and Blache.

Look, why would you get rid of veteran coaches? The Skins defense is ranked 5th in the league. Yeah, everyone wants the DE that sacks QB's. But isn't stopping the run more important. Bugel? You are on crack. All the Skins need to do is get new blood on the OL.

Blache is not the problem! Jeez moaneez! Look at the defensive roster: Logjam of spare parts at DT, 2 speed rushers who operate wide in space on the ends (did Blache make the J Taylor trade?) so the QB steps up into the unpenetrated pocket and buys another 2 seconds. A workhorse, under-sized MLB and not much else at LB (Macintosh is solid but when was the last time he made any game effecting play?) There is nothing more Blache can do with the roster we have that he is not already doing except rubbing Vinney's nose in sh*t by benching Taylor and demanding a replacement for Marcus Washington mid-season.

I know we have lost some games and the season is now almost lost, but this stuff is getting crazy. Why not just blame the hotdog or beer vendors.

Williams is doing a crap job in Jacksonville and will probably cost Del Rio his job. Talk about a coach-killer. I wonder if he will try to throw Del Rio under the bus to get the HC job like he did with Gibbs.....

I dont believe Bugel is the answer to a great offensive unit at his time. He has not proved he can mold this talent into great offenisve weapons. He did with another unit, but he has not with this one. Stop hanging on to archaic methods time to move on. This is a new century. Let the mastadons rest in pasture. (Bugel, Blache and others on this coaches menu)

Look, why would you get rid of veteran coaches? The Skins defense is ranked 5th in the league. Yeah, everyone wants the DE that sacks QB's. But isn't stopping the run more important. Bugel? You are on crack. All the Skins need to do is get new blood on the OL.

I can only imagine Bugel with a 4 year 2nd rounder in Adam Terry, a 3rd year 2nd rounder in Chris Chester, a 4th year 4th in Jason Brown, and a 2nd year 1st rounder in Ben Grubbs. Those are 4 members of the Ravens o-line. No one drafted below the 4th pick/124 overall. The 5th (Jared Gaither and Ogden's replacement) was picked up with a 5th in the supplemental draft, and I remember some of us clamoring to use a supplemental draft pick on him, grnated the Terps contingent here is pretty homerific.

None of those guys are over 4 seasons old in this league, and it appears most of them sat for most of their first season aside from Grubbs. With that kind of talent, I can only imagine what Bugel would do with that o-line. The Panthers and Bucs also have a similar line strategy, and one wonders why those teams are playing better and making Jeff Garcia look good.

As for coaches, I say we stick with what we got. Blache has been a pleasant surprise, and you cannot fault him for the general suck of our d-line. Same with Bugel, you can only go so far with the group we have.

Go ask buffalo about the whole GW as HC situation

Go ask the Redskins how their offense is with Zorn at the helm

Y'know what? Can I ask the Browns about Bellicheck? And can I ask the Redskins when they have a QB that can understand an offense that is just a tad above basic? I am starting small. I'd really like the WCO to be shown for what it truly is. However for that we need a capable QB.

JC can't grasp a complicated offense. Enough dumbing **** down! Get someone in there who can run a damn offense!

(I am calm now. Just can't stand people who belittle Zorn for an offense that he, like Gibbs and Al, has to dumb down for Campbell)

Y'know what? Can I ask the Browns about Bellicheck? And can I ask the Redskins when they have a QB that can understand an offense that is just a tad above basic? I am starting small. I'd really like the WCO to be shown for what it truly is. However for that we need a capable QB.

JC can't grasp a complicated offense. Enough dumbing **** down! Get someone in there who can run a damn offense!

(I am calm now. Just can't stand people who belittle Zorn for an offense that he, like Gibbs and Al, has to dumb down for Campbell)

Zorn is in his first year ever calling a single play, and yet you assume that he has all of his **** together, and it's the players fault?

Portis may be right, or he may be wrong. What he said though is that Zorn doesn't even know what he wants. This shouldn't be ignored especially if there are more that feel this way.

Saunders had an arcane 700 page playbook and a whole lot of time to develop qbs under it. Collins had 10+ years to learn it, but when Seattle had 4 games worth of film on it they shut it down and there was no adjustment to make it look any better.

Just check what Saunders is doing right now with Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, Torry Holt, and a guy who looked like he could be a rookie of the year candidate.

This offense is not dumbed down and Zorn seems to like JC. The reason this offense doesn't work is lack of protection. We all know that we aren't protecting the QB. I don't care what play is called or who is in the backfield, if they aren't comfortable they aren't scanning the field. That is why JC locks on to a primary reciever. He has to hope he gets open fast or try to scramble.

I wish people would stop blaming the QB. The best QBs in the league are nothing without they're offensive lines. Theres a reason why the Pats and Colts send OL Pro-Bowlers every year.

Zorn is in his first year ever calling a single play, and yet you assume that he has all of his **** together, and it's the players fault?

Never uttered those words. What I said was we need a QB who can make the proper read.

Portis may be right, or he may be wrong. What he said though is that Zorn doesn't even know what he wants. This shouldn't be ignored especially if there are more that feel this way.

You said so yourself, Zorn is in his first year ever calling a single play. Why he isn't Bill Walsh yet, I don't know. (Sarcasm)

Saunders had an arcane 700 page playbook and a whole lot of time to develop qbs under it. Collins had 10+ years to learn it, but when Seattle had 4 games worth of film on it they shut it down and there was no adjustment to make it look any better.

We played a better team. So, since Al Saunders offense is not unstoppable this proves what?

Al and Zorn both had to dumb down their offense for JC. Both facts. Both alarming and I don't think it is just a coinicidence.

Just check what Saunders is doing right now with Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, Torry Holt, and a guy who looked like he could be a rookie of the year candidate.

The Rams have much more problems with injuries. In addition, you also answered this statement in a previous sentence above. Shame on Bulger and Jackson for not picking up this offense quicker than they can blink.

Honestly my friend, the thread that stated JC is a coach killer is looking more and more correct each passing day.

This offense is not dumbed down and Zorn seems to like JC.

Its not? You sure about that? Zorn himself stated that he wanted to add more complexity to this offense to keep up with defenses but it was not paying off for JC. So he has to dial it back some.

Al Saunders had to do the same thing. Again, alarming.

The reason this offense doesn't work is lack of protection. We all know that we aren't protecting the QB. I don't care what play is called or who is in the backfield, if they aren't comfortable they aren't scanning the field. That is why JC locks on to a primary reciever. He has to hope he gets open fast or try to scramble.

Our protection does suck. You will never get a different argument out of me. However. A QB who can make the proper read can make a bad O-line seem improved.

Check Dallas. Same O-Line nearly all year. Sucked under Brad Johnson and whoever the hell they had behind Brad. And looks worlds above their normal selves with Romo sits to pee.

Skins O-Line last year as well (save the Seattle game in the playoffs). Looked better under Collins.

Alarming.

I wish people would stop blaming the QB. The best QBs in the league are nothing without they're offensive lines. Theres a reason why the Pats and Colts send OL Pro-Bowlers every year.

JC needs our O-Line to be perfect in order to look decent. If it isn't, it is almost guaranteed that he won't see the pressure/missed block and will get sacked. The Peyton Mannings and Tom Bradys can sense the pressure and make the proper read.

O-Lines do make Qbs better or worse. I agree totally. However, it is the same sentiment if you reverse the two parties. JC should be able to make his O-Line just a tad better by checking the pressure and moving where needed to hit the hot read. He either can't or for whatever reason doesn't.

If I read one more GW, Saunders, Lewis etc (who is next Nolan??) would have saved us from our mediocre roster problem thread I will puke... I am beginning to understand why the French trotted out the guillotine so much during the revolution. The next time Snyder fires a couple of self-important, ineffectual, nitwit coordinators who never won squat their entire careers, he should take their heads so we don't have to put up with this crap anymore.

Fired coaches are like old girlfriends. There are reasons you didn’t ask them to marry you, so don’t look back, unless it is for friendship or revenge sex.

Never uttered those words. What I said was we need a QB who can make the proper read.

You never said that, you said the offense had to be dumbed down for campbell, when in reality Zorn could be dumbing it down for himself.

You said so yourself, Zorn is in his first year ever calling a single play. Why he isn't Bill Walsh yet, I don't know. (Sarcasm)

i'm all for another year of the Zman

We played a better team. So, since Al Saunders offense is not unstoppable this proves what?

you really believe that seattle was better than this team? man why should we have ever taken the field?

Al and Zorn both had to dumb down their offense for JC. Both facts. Both alarming and I don't think it is just a coinicidence.

portis says the offense is too complicated for everybody, that would a sign that it could be the coach overcomplicating thing.

The Rams have much more problems with injuries. In addition, you also answered this statement in a previous sentence above. Shame on Bulger and Jackson for not picking up this offense quicker than they can blink.

well i guess they are coach killers who need things dumbed down for them as well

Honestly my friend, the thread that stated JC is a coach killer is looking more and more correct each passing day.

this is getting pathetic

O-Lines do make Qbs better or worse. I agree totally. However, it is the same sentiment if you reverse the two parties. JC should be able to make his O-Line just a tad better by checking the pressure and moving where needed to hit the hot read. He either can't or for whatever reason doesn't.

The only problem here is what CP was talking about. When he is the release Z is telling him to stay in and when he is supposed to block he is getting told to go out. The hot reads are not always open. I'm not saying that JC doesn't deserve some of the blame. I'm just saying that its hard to become a good QB when your always worried about getting hit. Its hard to have "pocket presence" when there isn't a pocket.

--Zorn already said that JC wasn't grasping the complex offense. Saunders already said that JC wasn't grasping the complex offense.

All I am doing is re-stating what two coaches have stated about JC.

--Yes. Seattle was the better team. Hence them winning the game. It was a game that either team could have had. But, in the end, the Seahawks won. That makes them the better team. It isn't rocket surgery :silly:.

--The WCO is a complicated offense. In fact, I believe Moss and Cooley are to be said to firmly understand it. Not much of anyone else can. However, in adding more pieces to the playbook, I have my doubts that our offense would have a lot of trouble keeping pace with a better QB.

It is a learning experience by all. Which is to be expected. The sad part is that JC is having trouble with a lot of the basics. He hasn't even got into much depth of this offense. So, I am not looking forward to seeing JC being asked to do anything more complex then hitting your receiver BEFORE he is open.

--The Rams have much more problems than Al Saunders' offense. I don't even think Bulger is completely healthy. Also, do they even have a coach yet? No? Oh yeah, they are expected to compete with an interim head coach. Kinda difficult when your HC is fired DURING the season?

Or is that supposed to go overlooked? If so, I apologize for bringing up logic.

What's pathetic is you are missing the obvious. But anyway..

You probably won't understand this until JC is gone and (**** if ever) we have a capable QB. Damn why did we miss the boat on Drew Brees?! :(

Archived