Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did the Dolphins and Falcons rebuild their lines this offseason?

F-16 CHIEF

No, but the line playing last season for Campbell was the same line playing last season for Collins.

That's true, but I don't think it's fair to make the comparison to the 4 wins at the year, because it's not like Collins was the only thing that changed. After we lost Sean, that team came together like none I'd ever seen. I don't think it mattered who is in there at QB, the O-line started mauling people and the defense became physically dominant. They rode a huge emotional wave into the playoffs and if Collins started next week, I doubt the results would be the same.

Both teams picked linemen in the draft in 2008, 2007, and 2006.

:)

Just take one look at what the Dolphins drafted in 2008 and it will make your stomach turn.

1st round: Jake Long - OT

2nd round: Merling - DE

3rd round: Langford - DT

4th round: Murphy - OT

6th round: Thomas - OG

7th round: Dotson - DE

:puke:

In a nutshell right there.

Parcells gets it, like him or not.

I am sick of people thinking it is JC only, it is everything, especially the lines

Although the line is not playing well in areas, I think Jason Campbell takes about a half second to long to get the ball out of his hand. He is not anticipating where a receiver should be and throwing it, which Collins did so well. Jason Campbell is a very athletic QB. What he is not is a think on your feet, get the ball out of your hand and trust your receiver, fluid QB. Which is very important to be when playing great defenses. The Skins will never be able to win a big game as long as he plays the way he is right now.:2cents:

LOL @ the OP. The Dolphins do not have a single offensive lineman over 30 on their roster. Not even a back-up. ALL 5 REDSKINS O-LINE STARTERS were over 30. All 5!!! Now, one is out for the year, another is having an MRI, and the others are pretty much useless.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - the game is won in the trenches, and not with old fogies who provide more in nostalgia than they do in production.

I must be missing something. The Falcons and Dolphins have no trouble with Rookie head coaches. They didn't completely rebuild their lines last year.

Dude the facts are out there bro, check them before you post or it seems like you're MAKING STUFF UP

:cheers:

Miami Dolphins starting offensive line:

12/30/2007

LT 72 V.Carey

LG 76 C.Liwienski

C 64 S.Satele

RG 66 R.Hadnot

RT 70 L.Shelton

LT 77 J.Long

LG 65 J.Smiley

C 64 S.Satele

RG 66 D.Thomas

RT 72 V.Carey

another factor is that both teams have veteran offensive coordinators...

:cheers:

I think if you want to point fingers you can point them in several directions. JC just doesn't get rid of the ball and holds it to long which leads to sacks. OL are past their primes and need an infusion of youth and mobility. DL gets absolutely zero pressure on opposing QB's and also needs youth and mobility.

As far as our drafts are concerned I think 3 receivers in one round is overkill. Could a OL/DL not been taken with at least one of those picks? I think there is plenty of blame to go around and this team and organization frustrates the life out of fans with the consistenly mediocre play, drafts, and management.

I must be missing something. The Falcons and Dolphins have no trouble with Rookie head coaches. They didn't completely rebuild their lines last year. Both have QB's new to the team. Ryan is a rookie. Neither have Moss or Cooley. Neither have a back like CP. Hmm.......

They both have RB corps that are equal if not better than ours right now. Portis is hobbling around, Betts is still recovering from his earlier injury. Atlanta is tearing it up with Turner & Norwood, Miami is running Ronnie & Ricky like crazy also.

As for the other skill players, we do have Miami beat, but we don't beat out Atlanta. Roddy White is just as good as Santana, same for the Jenkins-Randle El matchup. And as for Cooley... I agree with you, CC is the best TE out of the 3 teams. But do we really exploit that matchup to our advantage? It doesn't matter how great a weapon he is if we don't use it.

It amazes me how people still compare Campbell to Collins last year.

Collins: (1) Playing in the same system for approx. 10 years. He knows the system better than any other QB. (2) Saunders was given total attonomy to call plays when Collins stepped in. Therefore offense was able to be ran the way it was suppose to.

Campbell: (1) FIRST year as a starter and didn't play that bad as such. (2) Gibbs limited plays for JC. Half Gibbs, half Saunders. Therefore offense could not be called appropriately. Offense has to be going in the same direction for success.

I don't think they are comparing the QB's as much as the OL.

And I don't think that saying Collins had 10 years of experience is fair. Except for a season or two he was primarily a backup. If Collins had 10 years of experience then by that logic Campbell has 4 years of experience, and Brennan has almost 1 year.

I think age has a lot to do with it espicially in the latter part of a season. I think that the constant pounding of an entire season takes its toll. I know I can't do things as well as I could as when I was younger. But then I'm not a pro athlete and their conditioning may more than make up for their age. just my $.02

the Giants starting OL

2 undrafted free agents

2nd round pick

3rd round pick

5th round pick

And they have the best OL in football. Case closed

How old are they? Answer: with the exception of Shaun O'Hara and Grey Ruegamer, every Olineman on the Giants roster is under 30. Contrast that with the Redskins, who had 5 starters over 30.

A good QB can make an o-line look better. Just look at Collins from last season, and, if that's not good enough, look at the Patriots. Cassell has been sacked more than JC, I believe.

dumb, dumb, dumb

do we have playoff memory loss?

man did collins make that line look good in seattle

once again, mr. randy moss plays on that team and so does wes welker both proven and re-proven weapons

You guys really need to get off that Todd Collins crap, you have a veteran QB that has been in the league like 13 years or something that was in that same system his whole career. VS a younger QB who plays in a different system every season almost. You next argument will be why we can't draft a Tom Brady in the late rounds of the draft like the Patriots did.

dumb, dumb, dumb

do we have playoff memory loss?

man did collins make that line look good in seattle

once again, mr. randy moss plays on that team and so does wes welker both proven and re-proven weapons

:doh:

Yeah, forget the other 4 games before that that put anything Jason did to shame.

I don't even know what you're getting at with Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Tom Brady had them, too, and he was sacked less, much less, than Matt Cassel. Better QB, same team, less sacks.

I must be missing something. The Falcons and Dolphins have no trouble with Rookie head coaches. They didn't completely rebuild their lines last year. Both have QB's new to the team. Ryan is a rookie. Neither have Moss or Cooley. Neither have a back like CP. Hmm......

According to some fans on here, rebuilding the lines will solve everything. While I agree that changes have to be made, you have to start thinking that not every team with a good record has the best line in football.

How is it that Todd Collins flourished under the same line? What's different? Maybe it's the scheme this year? Maybe it's the QB? We might never know because it's apparent that neither trust each other.

Be honest, and evaluate us objectively. Look at some other teams around the league and you'll see why the Lions are outscoring us on the season. We have massive problems in the Coach and QB area.

It didn't work for the Falcons or Dolphins last year with their one and done rookie head coaches. Hell, the Falcons coach quit on them before the season ended.

:doh:

Yeah, forget the other 4 games before that that put anything Jason did to shame.

I don't even know what you're getting at with Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Tom Brady had them, too, and he was sacked less, much less, than Matt Cassel. Better QB, same team, less sacks.

so if that's true than campbell is better than cassel because he has less sacks with a worse offensive line.

i like your logic, about time you made sense

Well the Dolphins used the FIRST OVERALL PICK on an offensive linemen....

At any rate, John Harbaugh is there for show. Cam Cameron runs the offense and Rex Ryan runs the defense. Both more than proven.

Smith is a proven coordinator. He also got a real GM in Dimitrov from the Patriots. They built the offensive line for Ryan.

Sparano is a proven coordinator. He has a great support system with Parcells and brought in a good veteran QB.

Well said:cheers:

I still haven't heard you clarify your points which didn't have any bearing on my statements. I suppose that's too much to expect from a blind homer.

i just did, but i'll spell it out since you seem to be slow getting things

Cassel + Better Line = More Sacks

Campbell + Worse Line = Less Sacks

that is not a point of contention that I would want to bring up if i was supporting cassel or bashing campbell.

by the way, i've never seen you say a positive thing about the Redskins.

say what you want about my "blind homerism" but your hatred for this team can be likened to that of a dallas fan.

Archived