Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK, so is it still Gibbs fault?

MCnDaHouse

Last season everyone was saying it was Joe Gibbs fault, that he was over the hill, the game had passed him by.

Gibbs team then pulled off 4 straight wins with a makeshift offensive line and a backup QB to make the playoffs.

New year, new coach. Offense looks worse to me than it was last year.

So for you guys that criticized Gibbs last year, he isn't here now. So who's fault is it?

MC

Gibbs did an excellent job coaching this team, although his time management was terrible.

I blame Gibbs for all the dumb moves he made as the team president. All the trades and players he brought in for his system can't be successful with the new direction. Gibbs has sent the team back 4-5 years with all the moves he made.

Great coach though

Last season everyone was saying it was Joe Gibbs fault, that he was over the hill, the game had passed him by.

Gibbs team then pulled off 4 straight wins with a makeshift offensive line and a backup QB to make the playoffs.

New year, new coach. Offense looks worse to me than it was last year.

So for you guys that criticized Gibbs last year, he isn't here now. So who's fault is it?

MC

of course, its gibbs fault. remember eariler in the season, there were multiple threads about how zorn's success was really gibb's success? they were giving all the credit to Gibbs casue he supposely drafted/built this team so zorn shouldnt get much of the credit... now we lose and nobody is blaming it on Gibss. LOL

i love peeps here at ES.

of course, its gibbs fault. remember eariler in the season, there were multiple threads about how zorn's success was really gibb's success? they were giving all the credit to Gibbs casue he supposely drafted/built this team so zorn shouldnt get much of the credit... now we lose and nobody is blaming it on Gibss. LOL

LOL! That's right. I remember that pretty clearly. Where are those cats now? And why won't they be held accountable for their ridiculous statements?

I do say, though, that while Gibbs was the origin of many of our problems (I think with some different decisions we could have won the title in 2005 and cruised into the playoffs rather than fighting our tails off) he also ended up masking some. I think, though, that our problems at QB will loom like a shadow over everything we've tried to build here.

remember eariler in the season, there were multiple threads about how zorn's success was really gibb's success? they were giving all the credit to Gibbs casue he supposely drafted/built this team so zorn shouldnt get much of the credit... now we lose and nobody is blaming it on Gibss. LOL

Either we went 6-2 with smoke and mirrors to start the season, or we had the talent to be 6-2. But right now this team doesn't seem to be responding to its head coach.

Gibbs did not do a good job of coaching the offense, and he left us with a massive void of talent on both lines and within the offense in general. He also wasted several draft picks. All of our success under Gibbs came from Williams and the defense. In the one season where the D failed to consistently hold teams under 20 points and give us a short field, Gibbs won 5 games. In his first season back, even with steller defense, we won 6.

Every time we got to the playoffs, our inability to score and move the ball (the one aspect of the team that Gibbs actually had responsibility for) got us kicked right out. Our one playoff win came thanks to 14 defensive points (out of 17 total points scored).

I will never question his "talents" as a motivator. But as a coach, as a schemer, as a game manager, as an adjustment maker, and as a talent evaluator, he was nothing short of dreadful in his second stint.

I blame Gibbs for all the dumb moves he made as the team president. All the trades and players he brought in for his system can't be successful with the new direction. Gibbs has sent the team back 4-5 years with all the moves he made.

QFT. Also, the Jason Taylor trade doesn't help either.

I still firmly believe that not many coaches could have won with the talent and depth on this team but Joe found a way. Of course, the talent and depth issues are largely his fault.

Same old story year after year. No one wants to break the code of hero worship and blame the players.

The fan mentality has turned to looking more at fantasy stats than actual results. After Riggins left we had no running back remotely close to putting up numbers that Portis has yet we won two more Super Bowls. You don't have to have one guy getting 1500 yards to be a contender. three guys splitting 1600-1700 yards can do it too.

Archived