Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

These are the only stats that Matter!

RedSunday

I always thought that the only stat that mattered was that stupid W-L thing.

In all seriousness, does that verbiage still apply to today's game? :whoknows:

2007 Patriots smashed the record for most points ever scored. That was easily the best Offense EVER. They didn't even lose a game in the regular season, where they consistently put up over 40, sometimes 50 points.

Than they met those damn Giants that had the whole Pass Rush thing going for them.

We only have 208 points,not close to NY or Philly and almost 100 below Dallas.

Ravens had 218 total points scored by this time in the year of their improbable super bowl run and alot of those points came from their defense who led the league in scoring.

Defense wins championships.

well...i juss looked up the amount of points the 2000 ravens scored and it was...333. they actually scored 30+ points 4 times that year and even had a game where they scored 44...i guess i spoke too soon

Let's not 4get that their defense led the entire NFL in scoring;not to mention the avg starting field position they gave their offense when they didn't score. I hope u didnt think their offense put up 39, 37, 44, and 34 all by themselves that year.....

We only have 208 points,not close to NY or Philly and almost 100 below Dallas.
And? We beat Philly in Philly, and split with the Cowboys. The Giants are in a class by themselves, so they don't count. Did Dallas and Philly scoring all those points help in the 2 W's we got? Then I guess the only thing that matters are the Ws.

Even though we are 7-5, we've only scored 208 points. If defense wins championships, then we may be in trouble as we've given up 222 points. Doesn't do any good for the defense to give up only 14 if the offense scores only 7.

We need to score more points obviously. But uh, How is our PF the only stat that matters when we are 7-5 and a game out of the Playoffs?:doh:

Good point about the Ravens D leading the league in scoring. When it all comes down to it, our defense is what is most important. Scoring is nice, but as mentioned earlier the Pats were an amazing offense last year and they didn't win the SB and the year the Raiders played against the Bucs, they had a good offense and that didn't seem to matter. I'll take those 208 and 7 wins. We have 4 more to go and could put up some points in the coming weeks. All is not lost yet...

Archived