Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn May Not be able to Lead a Playoff Surge

Chiefinonhaze

This is what seperates him from Gibbs IMO. Gibbs had the type of personality to keep a team grounded. If you would see him on the sidelines, the guy never got mad. Brunell could have thrown a pick to a DT, and he would still have the same expression on his face. This keeps the team "medium." Zorn talks about staying medium, but he blew up a few times on the sidelines. I hope that it fires up the team, but sometimes I wonder if this is the reason Gibbs led us to those 6 game win streaks.

I really wish we had Gibbs at this point, because then the Faith on this board would be there for sure.:cheers:

This is what seperates him from Gibbs IMO. Gibbs had the type of personality to keep a team grounded. If you would see him on the sidelines, the guy never got mad. Brunell could have thrown a pick to a DT, and he would still have the same expression on his face. This keeps the team "medium." Zorn talks about staying medium, but he blew up a few times on the sidelines. I hope that it fires up the team, but sometimes I wonder if this is the reason Gibbs led us to those 6 game win streaks.

I really wish we had Gibbs at this point, because then the Faith on this board would be there for sure.:cheers:

were you here this time last year? The board's faith only goes as far as wins, oddly enough a winning record isn't even enough sometimes.

first you post the "wild cat" nonsense thread.....

Now this?

Are you just asking to be flamed?

lol Wildcat Nonsense?? How about this. Seven games ago hte Ravens offense was ranked 24th. They were complete ****. The minute they put in the Wildcard formation, their offense improved. It brought another element to it. But that is another topic.

Do you truly think Zorn has the leadership qualities of Gibbs? Honestly. If he did, he would have been a head coach by now. Does he have good leadership qualities? Maybe. But he is no Gibbs untill he wins 3 super bowl.s

Zorn IS staying medium. When your players play slow and uninspired, you have to get fired up and yell a little to get them "back to medium".

Earlier in the year when we were hot, he was the calmest one on the team, making sure we didn't get ahead of ourselves. Now when we look flat, he looks like the most fired up one out there.

Gibbs used to drive me crazy with his lack of expression. To me it conveyed a sense that he didn't have any control over the game and just went out and "hoped for the best". With Zorn at least it shows the players he cares.

Anyone who's watch gibbs for a long time knows when he's mad..

lol Wildcat Nonsense?? How about this. Seven games ago hte Ravens offense was ranked 24th. They were complete ****. The minute they put in the Wildcard formation, their offense improved. It brought another element to it. But that is another topic.

Do you truly think Zorn has the leadership qualities of Gibbs? Honestly. If he did, he would have been a head coach by now. Does he have good leadership qualities? Maybe. But he is no Gibbs untill he wins 3 super bowl.s

Yes, nonsense. Zorn already said we was dumbing down the playbook for Jason. He isn't going to suddenly now throw more things on top of him.

Gibbs? I think the team made playoff runs in spite of Gibbs. I believe most of the players prefer Zorn as the coach.

Who has the leadership qualities of Gibbs? So, unless you are a HOF coach, you can't get a team into the playoffs?

Gibbs built a team that even a career position coach who has no business of being a head coach can take to the playoffs and do some damage once were in.

Other than the Giants, and you saw how Eli did when it was windy there last year, who do the Redskins not matchup with in the NFC?

Yes, nonsense. Zorn already said we was dumbing down the playbook for Jason. He isn't going to suddenly now throw more things on top of him.

Gibbs? I think the team made playoff runs in spite of Gibbs. I believe most of the players prefer Zorn as the coach.

First of all, do Coaches do everything they "say"?:doh: Just because he says one thing, doesn't mean he is set on it. He may dumb down the playbook, but I bet they could install the wildcat in one or two practices. It's not rocket science...You take your shotgun formation, put the wr(Randel el) at qb, and put Campbell in his place.

We would be the best team to use this formation, because not only do we have Moss, we have Campbell and Randel el, who both can Throw and run if needed. Pennington isn't a threat to run. Anderson wasn't a threat to run. I haven't seen a team with a mobile qb run the wildcat yet. It would be deadly if used right with Campbell

So Zorn getting mad at the players and showing emotion is bad? Cowher, Coughlin, Gruden, Ditka, all got angry and showed emotion on the sideline, how did that work out for their teams? If Zorn was just sitting there doing nothing I would be concerned. A coach needs to fire up his team and getting mad at them every once in awhile isn't a bad thing.

Also, stop with the wildcat thing. It's a faze and teams are starting to figure out how to stop it. The Ravens wrote the blueprint on how to stop it and I think that could figure out we were doing it when Randle El or someone other than Campbell lined up in the backfield.

It's really unfair to blame most of this on Zorn.

I really hate to say this about JC, but I believe this wasn't Jim Zorns choice of QB even before the season began. Too me, he seemed like he was forced into making JC the starter from the media, owner and even most of the fans. Zorn really walked into a offensive crew that he didn't build and I believe that is a huge problem in washington and the last few weeks has really shown this.

He better start making some offensive changes soon before he looses his position.

Yes, after this most recent downswing I'm not exactly high on this team.

But we're 7-5.

How many times in the past four years was Gibbs 7-5 after 12 games?

Yes, Joe did wonders in his first stint. But can we stop looking in the past and pining for the guy like he did anything spectacular the past four seasons?

First of all, do Coaches do everything they "say"?:doh: Just because he says one thing, doesn't mean he is set on it. He may dumb down the playbook, but I bet they could install the wildcat in one or two practices. It's not rocket science...You take your shotgun formation, put the wr(Randel el) at qb, and put Campbell in his place.

We would be the best team to use this formation, because not only do we have Moss, we have Campbell and Randel el, who both can Throw and run if needed. Pennington isn't a threat to run. Anderson wasn't a threat to run. I haven't seen a team with a mobile qb run the wildcat yet. It would be deadly if used right with Campbell

oh and I agree... if things dont start off too good at baltimore on sunday night, then I believe the wildcat, or a version of it, should be tried a couple times.

Stop comparing him to Gibbs. This is what I was talking about in another thread about Redskin fans living in the past. Gibbs is gone. He isn't coming back. I like Zorn and I think maybe this team needs to show some emotion. Gibbs was a great headcoach and I appreciate the 3 SB's, but sometimes he was a little too wishy-washy in his pressers. He always gave other teams too much praise and acted like it would tale a miracle for us to win. I'm not saying give the other team bulletin board material, but when a reporter says, "how are you going to handle the Ravens D-line," I expect my coach to say, "Hey, we have some excellent players on our side of the ball and I expect them to do their job and block," not "Gee, they are so good, it will hard for us to block such a superior defense and we certainly have our hands full," which is what Gibbs would say. If you don't show emotion and have confidence in your own team, you are defeated before you hit the field. I like that Zorn showed emotion. Maybe it will rub off on the players.

I think its refreshing as hell to see Zorn throw a fit on the sidelines.

It's really unfair to blame most of this on Zorn.

I really hate to say this about JC, but I believe this wasn't Jim Zorns choice of QB even before the season began. Too me, he seemed like he was forced into making JC the starter from the media, owner and even most of the fans. Zorn really walked into a offensive crew that he didn't build and I believe that is a huge problem in washington and the last few weeks has really shown this.

He better start making some offensive changes soon before he looses his position.

He was hired to improve Campbell. The HC position was handed to him when no one else wanted it. Not accomplishing the task he was originally hired for, will probably end his stay in DC.

Archived