Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The only good thing about the loss...

william1970

....is the schedule we have left; compared to our schedule, our divisional rivals have a tougher last 4 games.

Hi to all in America,

I saw the game and it does break my heart that we lost to a team, that I genuinely think we could have beaten. No doubt the Giants are going a long way in the playoffs and maybe back to the main event. The only difference in my mind, between the two teams, is our consistently stuttering offence.

What is all this talk of benching Jason? I personally feel he is one of the best QB's we have had since Theismann. He is big, strong, throws relatively accurately, will block and can even scramble. In the game against THEM Sunday, he even blocked! Jason is not at fault. With the exception of Santana Moss and Chris Cooley, the people who have to ask themselves why we are losing games are our receivers and our O-line. Jason is constantly rushed, hurried, sacked and when he does get a pass out, the balls get dropped. Our Defence keeps us in games for long periods. We have great drives, but don't end them with scores. THAT'S the problem.

This team is a 10-6 team and maybe an 11-5 team. But that depends which Skins team turns up Sunday against Baltimore who are having a good run in. Comparing schedules, right now, I am convinced we can finish second in the division. Look at the games that are left. I'm glad I am a Skins fan and not just because of the schedule! Here they are:

New York = Philly, Cowgirls, Panthers, Vikes.

Dallas = Steelers, Giants, Baltimore, Philly.

Philly = Giants, Browns, Skins, Cowgirls.

Skins = Ravens, Bungles, Philly, 49ers

From that schedule, who would you rather have?! It's a no-brainer. With the exception of the Ravens [and we can even beat them] our schedule is the lighter. Clearly, NO game is easy; we should have beaten the useless Rams, but our route to the playoffs has only 1 divisional match in the remaining four games.

Sundays game did not leave much praise for the team. However, the Defence played great again and certain offensive players can hold their heads high. Of course, Coach Zorn has no intention of benching players, but Suisham needs to start making kicks. He's struggled a bit in the last few games and it doesn't matter quite so much now, but come playoff time, in a close game, we need every point we can make.

Offence:

Clinton 'Man of Steel' had flashes of brilliance, but missed periods due to his injuries. This man plays so hard. It's a shame some others on the team couldn't follow his example.

Cooley, Moss, Jason 'the O-line' Campbell, Sellers 'the olympic hurdler' and Betts had a good game.

The offensive line was poor again. It's hard to criticize the unsung heroes of football [and I wouldn't do it in person, because I'd get my head kicked in!], but they struggled blocking for our running attack and in protecting Jason.

The Defence shone, as per. All the following players had good games:

London 'I don't miss games no matter what' Fletcher, D.Hall, Horton, Monty, Evans, Landry, McIntosh, Carter, J.Taylor, Springs, Boschetti and B.Blades.

For our beloved Skins to go forward the following needs to happen, NOW:

The team must convert drives. We are having too many 3 and out's and it is tiring out our D. I said last week, we HAD to control the clock against the Giants. We didn't. And when you give THEM chances, they win.

The receivers have to start making catches. Or they should be released and we get people in to do the job. If I mess up at work, I will be fired. This is the NFL. Do the job, or go home. All the players get paid and some are working their asses off, whilst others are not. We also need special teams to score a few and when we kick, we need field goals and we also could do with pinning opposition offences in their own 10. Look at how many drives THEY had on Sunday - most of the time they started on their 40 or our at the half way line.

Rock Cartwright: Rock, you are going to break one, I know it!

THIS SEASON IS FAR FROM OVER SKINS! THIS ENGLISHMAN LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER KNOW. IT'S A PRIVILEGE TO WATCH THE REDSKINS ON SUNDAY! I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU, EVEN IF YOU GO 0-16! PICK YOURSELVES UP AND KICK SOME RAVENS BUTT THIS SUNDAY!

Warm Regards,

William, England.

:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

Dallas = @Steelers, Giants, Baltimore, @Philly.

Other than ATL, that's our other biggest problem....I only see Dallas losing one of those games (hopefully it's NY) which would put them at 11-5. Dallas has a divisional record of 2-2 and a conference record of 6-4....the Skins are sitting at 2-3 divisional and and equal 6-4 conference.

I'm not worried about our division rivals as much as I'm worried about the Falcons.

Yes, ATL is a huge threat to our wild card chances. However, even if the Falcons don't get the wildcard (which they most likely will w/ TB and Carolina), it still leaves us and Dallas competing for that wild card spot in the NFC east. In that case, in order to beat Dallas for that wild card, we must win out all of our games & Dallas would have to lose against the Giants....not a very good situation

That being said, if ATL wins out these games and gets that 3rd wild card spot for the NFC south....we're doomed~ :rubeyes:

good post. I see the NFC South in the driver's seat for those two wild card slots.

TB (9-3)= CAR, ATL, SD, OAK (min 2 wins)

CAR (9-3)=TB, DEN, NYG, NO (min 2 wins)

ATL (8-4)= NO, TB, MIN, STL ((min 2 wins)

The Skins must run the table if they want to get in. Philly & that team in Texas need help big time. I can't see either of them them 4-0 or 3-1 (no Barber, poor O-line against good defenses & Philly's Jeckyl & Hyde routine with the run).

Wow...I'm starting to break this all down and it's getting pretty damn interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings

I'll go into detail later but by simply making predictions/assumptions...

At the end of the season:

Cowboys will be 11-5 with a 3-3 (loss to giants) divisional record and a 7-5 conference record

IF THE REDSKINS WIN OUT (prob wont happen), we will be 11-5 with a 3-3 divisional record (win over philly) and an 8-4 conference record (SF & Philly wins)

Just throwing it out there.....but the worst part is, if 3 NFC South teams get in (2 wildcards) then neither us or Dallas would get into the playoffs

My predictions...

TB (9-3)= @ CAR(L), @ ATL(L), SD (W), OAK(W) 11-5

CAR (9-3)= TB(W), DEN(W), @ NYG(L), @ NO(W) 12-4

ATL (8-4)= @ NO (L), TB(W), @ MIN(L) , STL(W) 10-6

or

TB (9-3)= @ CAR(L), @ ATL(W), SD (W), OAK(W) 12-4

CAR (9-3)= TB(W), DEN(W), @ NYG(L), @ NO(W) 12-4

ATL (8-4)= @ NO (L), TB(L), @ MIN(L) , STL(W) 9-7

Our best bet is to hope ATL loses more than they win. We really, really need to be Saints fans this week.

I still think if we lose to the Ravens we will have a shot. 10-6 could get us in, but we'd need ATL and DAL to lose a couple.

DAL (8-4) = @ PIT, NYG, BAL, @ PHI. They could easily be 10-6 or even 9-7.

Basically if NO beats ATL this weekend and Dallas loses to PIT, we are okay even if we lose to the Ravens. We really, really need 3 NFC wins though.

I REALLY think it's a good idea to say we have an easy schedule...considering we barely beat teams that are getting crushed! We should NEVER consider anyone an easy win since we can't seem to close any games. Heck we can't even get 2 touchdowns!!!

....is the schedule we have left; compared to our schedule, our divisional rivals have a tougher last 4 games.

Hi to all in America,

I saw the game and it does break my heart that we lost to a team, that I genuinely think we could have beaten. No doubt the Giants are going a long way in the playoffs and maybe back to the main event. The only difference in my mind, between the two teams, is our consistently stuttering offence.

See, let me stop you right there. that's the kind of thinking that gets this team in trouble, both in terms of the short-term and more importantly in terms of the LONG-TERM. No, we have a LONG WAY to go in order to be in the same category as the Giants. Who have a clutch playmaking QB. Who have a genuine pass rush. Who have a dominating O-line. Who have a savvy front office.

As I posted in another thread, the Giants of this year deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as juggernaut teams from years past like last year's Patriots (putting aside post-season results), the Rams during the Greatest Show on Turf years, the 15-1 Minnesota Vikings and the Skins when we ran up a 14-2 regular season record in 1992. Now of course, the verdict on the Giants will ultimately depend on whether or not they repeat as SB champs, but anyone who doesn't see how impressive the Giants team is, and by contrast, how shaky the Skins are, particularly in terms of the way the organization is run and the game plans are drawn up, is in for a rude awakening.

skinsarethebest, very good post and analysis. Savvy front office of the Giants--Justin Tuck, a 3rd round pick; Kiwi a first round pass rushing pick at a time when they already had Strahan and Osi; Steve Smith, a 2nd round pick; Jacobs, a 3rd round pick; Bradshaw, a 6th round pick (latter are 2 of the earth, wind, and fire running game); Boss, a 4th round pick (Shockey who?).

Plus, you may not have noticed but the Skins first two possessions last Sunday ended in three and outs--and the guy who made each third down stop was Kenny Philips. Kenny was the Giants first round draft choice in 2008, a safety from Miami. Many have compared his abilities to Sean Taylor (and please be assured that no disrespect is intended here--in fact I understand that Taylor had a role in schooling Kenny).

Meanwhile, Giants GM Reese, in my opinion, has a harder job ahead of him than does Cerrato. What do you do with all 6 regular picks in 2009, plus a 2 and and 5 for Shockey, on a team that is already stacked from top to bottom? Plus the poor GM needs to make room on the roster for the return of a healthy Osi from IR.

Wow...I'm starting to break this all down and it's getting pretty damn interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings

I'll go into detail later but by simply making predictions/assumptions...

At the end of the season:

Cowboys will be 11-5 with a 3-3 (loss to giants) divisional record and a 7-5 conference record

IF THE REDSKINS WIN OUT (prob wont happen), we will be 11-5 with a 3-3 divisional record (win over philly) and an 8-4 conference record (SF & Philly wins)

Just throwing it out there.....but the worst part is, if 3 NFC South teams get in (2 wildcards) then neither us or Dallas would get into the playoffs

What makes you think the Cowpies will beat the Steelers in Pitt? I think the Cowboys can go 1-3 last 4.

What makes you think the Cowpies will beat the Steelers in Pitt? I think the Cowboys can go 1-3 last 4.

maybe because Dallas needs it more & the Steelers always blow games like this? The Steelers can afford to lose this one...not only bc it's a non-conference game but we will help them out by beating the Ravens! (wishful thinking ;))

I think the Steelers are a better team and SHOULD beat Dallas but unfortunately, they probably wont~

Archived