Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget "The Future" How do we fix the offense in 2008?

NoCalMike

I have seen enough from this offense to have a positive feeling about it once we get the personnel we need, which would consist of a BIG WR(Devin Thomas & Malcolm Kelley) that can go across the middle, some youth and skill on the O-line and a TE to match with Cooley(Fred Davis)....

However, none of those three things are going to happen in 2008, unless all three of our rookies make magical strides and the O-line defies age and actually gets younger.

So the question is, what can this team do with it's current personnel to increase production and score touchdowns?

give reinhart a shot, problem is we don't have alot of options to go to right now. and our oline is the biggest area of concern.we have jansen signed to a hugh contract, i don't know how the skin s are going to get out from under it without it hurting alot. i mean bside samuels theirs no lineman besides maybe thomas that should be safe from the ax next year. and the way samuels is going with leg injuries how much longer can we really expec t him to go. this team has long ignored the lines oline and dline. this loss is soo agrivating because we should have won it. we had the mo the turn oivers and all. but the oline fell apart.we can't seem to stick the fork in anybody, our oline can't enforce it's will on anyone anymore.when we can do that again we will take the next step.

Pretty easy really.

Use our players smarter.

1. Handoff to Portis.

2. Throw to Betts. No need to risk injury to Portis on passes, and get him banged up even more. Our receivers with the exception of Moss are lacking and can't get open. Did James Thrash even play today? So pass the damn ball to Betts in the middle of the field 5x a game. This will get the lbs and safeties off of Cooley. Betts was 2 for 27 today.

3. ARE....you have had all season to impress us on punt returns. Sorry, you suck at them for some reason. Enough is enough. No more ARE on punt returns.

Pretty easy really.

Use our players smarter.

1. Handoff to Portis.

2. Throw to Betts. No need to risk injury to Portis on passes, and get him banged up even more. Our receivers with the exception of Moss are lacking and can't get open. Did James Thrash even play today? So pass the damn ball to Betts in the middle of the field 5x a game. This will get the lbs and safeties off of Cooley.

3. ARE....you have had all season to impress us on punt returns. Sorry, you suck at them for some reason. Enough is enough. No more ARE on punt returns.

Finally you agree that Portis IS our guy. Not Betts.

I like your thinking here.

As far as I am concerned, the next few weeks are vital for Jason Campbell. I want to know if he is the answer. No more holding him back, open it up for him. If it fails, at least we know he isn't the answer.

Frankly, I'm not concerned with us knowing if he's the answer.

I want Dan and Vinny and Zorn to figure out if there's a future with JC - if there is, keep him and do everything (like...draft OL maybe? just a thought) to make sure he succeeds.

bench jansen and start Heyer or Rhinehart. not sure either of them are capable of sucking worse than jansen does currently.

cant really comment on the pass offense until i see campbell have enough time to get rid of the ball. if we actually start protecting campbell and hes still not passing well, then we can get on him, but in all the games where weve scored a bunch of points, i dont remember campbell getting decked all day.

our run game is still great, portis was averaging 4.5 a carry tonight. but you cant run every down.

we also need to stretch the field a bit more. i know the WCO is all about yards after the catch, but we need a few more shots down field to back the D up.

I dont know. Other then putrid pass protection. Hot and cold run blocking. I just think that this has been a problem for all to see this whole season. And I'm beginning to think it may be a lost cause.

I was looking at Zorn during his press conference and he had a lost look on his face. As if he didnt see this coming. Not good.

We may need to grit our damn teeth and bear this crap. I hate this.

need a new QB real bad. need a QB that can handle pressure, side step, step up, avoid rushes and make plays on his own. campbell only can make plays when he has perfect peressure and when the WRs are wide open. our last play on 4th down, campbell panicked when there was little pressure and threw the ball to a tightly covered receiver. just watching this mediocre campbell is nerve wrecking especially when he gets pressure. the guy is mediocre at best. jansen needs to get replaced. why heyer isnt there is a mystery. need another WR to compliment moss and zorn needs to cme up with new plays or give up his play calling. so pathetic.

I am at a loss...this game was so there for us....Zorn is choking and its killing me...we can't close the deal....JC is a bit shell shocked and not playing well..our offense looks so vanilla...so bad....our D couldn't even smell Romo sits to pee all night...wtf?

I am officially worried about everything....

Archived