Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This may be a dumb question...

MarkRascadizzle

But if Colt Brennan broke all those NCAA records, why was he drafted so late?

Was it his sugar bowl play?

First of all no question is dumb. If you don't, you don't know.

I am pretty sure that the Sugar Bowl had some effect on his stock. But people didn't like his size, the system he played in, and his delivery. From what I saw in preseason he is good but can get better. But he ain't no Jason Candle.

Played in the WAC againist teams that arguably play poor defense. They used that against him big time when he played against Georgia. I dont know if we will ever see it on this team, but I am interested to see what he has. However, you have to figure if he was unbelievable, Zorn would notice that.

lack of typical NFL quarterback measurables... not big enough, not enough arm strength, and lack of knowledge in an nfl type offense

:doh:

When someone is getting drafted they are not going to have an NFL type of knowledge.

He is taller than Drew. He had a passing rating of over 75%.

The reason his stock dropped is due to the surgery he got before the draft and lost a lot of weight. Losing his bowl game miserably. His O let him down in that one. Some even knocked his side arm throwing motion even when he had a pretty good passing rating.

These scouts are not always right or have a real way to measure how the players are going to turn out at the pro level - see Brady and Horton for example. ;)

Archived