Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN - T.O. on DeAngelo Hall: 'At the rate he's playing, I'm looking forward to a big

HapHaszard

Wouldn't it be funny of Carlos picks off a ball for a TD off of TO LOL... or even Springs for that matter... :D

That would be good. I find it even funnier that I didn't even need to name him and just called him stonehands and there wasn't one person who had to ask who I was talking about. :cheers:

Rogers is playing great this year though. It would be great if he starting making some interceptions, but if he keeps playing at the level he is, the Ints don't matter as much to me.

DeAngelo Hall, this season and while in Oakland, has 3 INTs...a 1/2 Sack...and a Forced Fumble. He also had about 6 games with at least 6+ tackles.

I would love for someone to tell me how "horrible" DeAngelo has been this season...with stats like those.

Be sure to reference "our" DB stats...when you decide to tell me how "horrible" of a season DeAngelo is having.

A corner shouldn't be getting 6 tackles a game.

DeAngelo Hall, this season and while in Oakland, has 3 INTs...a 1/2 Sack...and a Forced Fumble. He also had about 6 games with at least 6+ tackles.

I would love for someone to tell me how "horrible" DeAngelo has been this season...with stats like those.

Be sure to reference "our" DB stats...when you decide to tell me how "horrible" of a season DeAngelo is having.

Sorry but stats for CBs don't mean jack without context. How many times have they been thrown at? How many TDs have they allowed? Tackles for a CB can actually be a bad thing if they are all on receivers.

I think the whole Skins defense should take TO's comments personal. I think its up to the whole secondary to hit him and let him know what time it is. I bet T.O. woudn't have talked like that regarding Sean Taylor. I know he's glad he doesn't have to face ST anymore. I think the current Skins, especially the secondary should try and punish him for his remarks.

Sorry but stats for CBs don't mean jack without context. How many times have they been thrown at? How many TDs have they allowed? Tackles for a CB can actually be a bad thing if they are all on receivers.

If a CB gets tackles...its not his fault. Its on the defensive scheme and mainly on the men up front.

I think the whole Skins defense should take TO's comments personal. I think its up to the whole secondary to hit him and let him know what time it is. I bet T.O. woudn't have talked like that regarding Sean Taylor. I know he's glad he doesn't have to face ST anymore. I think the current Skins, especially the secondary should try and punish him for his remarks.

Focusing on TO might get you burned with Witten and now Roy Williams UT on the other side.

"

Scratching your head wondering how the Raiders could outright release DeAngelo Hall? Now you know how I felt when they traded for him and signed him to a huge deal during the offseason. What could Al Davis have been thinking when he aggressively went after Hall? Not only did he waste a second-round draft pick, but he blew millions of dollars on an overrated player that has never been good.

Let’s take a look at his last two seasons in Atlanta

2006:

DeAngelo Hall

Targeted: 87 times

Yards allowed: 798 (2nd worst in NFL)

YPA: 9.2 (76th in the NFL)

2007:

DeAngelo Hall

Targeted: 69 times

Yards allowed: 539

YPA: 7.8 (54th in the NFL)

Did Al Davis watch any game film before making the decision to bring him in? It seems like all he did was turn on Madden 08 to see that Hall was fast and rated highly. That was enough for him to give up the farm to bring him in. Hall has never had a good CB playing on the other side of the field, so you would think that would make QBs throw away from him, but that wasn’t the case. He was beat and beat often by average WRs. So how was he REALLY performing in Oakland?

2008:

DeAngelo Hall

Targeted: 64 times (2nd most in NFL)

Catches allowed: 41 (most in NFL)

Yards allowed: 581 (most in NFL)

YPA: 9.08 (13th worst amongst starters)

Forced Incompletion %: 20.31% (10th worst amongst qualifiers)

There aren’t many (if any) CBs that are playing worse than Hall. Nnamdi Asomugha is a big reason why he is targeted so often, but he can’t be blamed for the horrible play. CBs have proven in the past (and the present) that having a lot of passes thrown at you doesn’t mean you have to allow catches and yards at an alarming rate.

I honestly don’t know how Hall got the reputation for being a decent player. Is it because he is a loudmouth? Is it because he likes to tell everyone he’s good? It certainly hasn’t been his performance on the field. He is the defensive equivalent of Freddie Mitchell; only people actually think Hall is good. I have an idea, Mr. Davis. How about you actually realize that you have the best CB in the NFL on your roster, and give him some money? Nnamdi Asomugha has allowed three catches this season. That isn’t a typo; Asomugha has allowed THREE catches this season.

Dan Snyder decided it was his turn to take a chance on a player with absolutely no NFL success. The Redskins decided to bring in Hall for the rest of the season for the league minimum. Is it wrong that I still think Hall is being overpaid despite playing for the league minimum? What exactly are the Redskins hoping to accomplish with DeAngelo Hall? He surely isn’t better than Carlos Rogers. Shawn Springs has been nicked up this year, but is significantly better than Hall. Fred Smoot is average at best, but still plenty better than Hall. I would even play Leigh Torrence over him. So why bring him in? I would rather see if Deion Sanders or Darrell Green has any interest in coming back before I even considered Hall.

Isn’t time we stop being fooled by players with big names? DeAngelo Hall isn’t a good football player… he isn’t even average. He is in the same class as Travis Fisher, Andre Goodman, and Jason Craft. It’s not the pass rush, it’s not the CB on the other side of the field, it isn’t the system, it’s Hall. It’s time even average NFL fans look past Sportscenter highlights and start focusing on things that matter."

So if Hall is covering Witten or Crayton, who is covering our new addition, Roy Williams UT?

You're going to see a different offensive scheme Sunday night...

LOL, it isn't going to matter since your defense can't stay off the field.

And you do realize that we have been doing okay without Hall all year? Springs is coming back and we already have Carlos Rogers and Fred Smoot ahead of Hall. My guess is that if Leigh Torrence can cover Patrick Crayton then DeAngelo Hall shouldn't be quaking in his boots too badly.

Hall must have really gotten under Owens' skin during that December 2006 game. He spit in Hall's face as they were jawing at each other.

The Cowboys beat Atlanta that day, 38-28. Owens had 5 catches for 69 yards and 2 TDs, both in the 2nd quarter, including a 51 yarder.

So take away the 51 yard TD and TO had 4 catches for 18yards and a TD? That doesn't sound like he was open all day...:dallasuck

"

Scratching your head wondering how the Raiders could outright release DeAngelo Hall? Now you know how I felt when they traded for him and signed him to a huge deal during the offseason. What could Al Davis have been thinking when he aggressively went after Hall? Not only did he waste a second-round draft pick, but he blew millions of dollars on an overrated player that has never been good.

Let’s take a look at his last two seasons in Atlanta

2006:

DeAngelo Hall

Targeted: 87 times

Yards allowed: 798 (2nd worst in NFL)

YPA: 9.2 (76th in the NFL)

2007:

DeAngelo Hall

Targeted: 69 times

Yards allowed: 539

YPA: 7.8 (54th in the NFL)

Did Al Davis watch any game film before making the decision to bring him in? It seems like all he did was turn on Madden 08 to see that Hall was fast and rated highly. That was enough for him to give up the farm to bring him in. Hall has never had a good CB playing on the other side of the field, so you would think that would make QBs throw away from him, but that wasn’t the case. He was beat and beat often by average WRs. So how was he REALLY performing in Oakland?

2008:

DeAngelo Hall

Targeted: 64 times (2nd most in NFL)

Catches allowed: 41 (most in NFL)

Yards allowed: 581 (most in NFL)

YPA: 9.08 (13th worst amongst starters)

Forced Incompletion %: 20.31% (10th worst amongst qualifiers)

There aren’t many (if any) CBs that are playing worse than Hall. Nnamdi Asomugha is a big reason why he is targeted so often, but he can’t be blamed for the horrible play. CBs have proven in the past (and the present) that having a lot of passes thrown at you doesn’t mean you have to allow catches and yards at an alarming rate.

I honestly don’t know how Hall got the reputation for being a decent player. Is it because he is a loudmouth? Is it because he likes to tell everyone he’s good? It certainly hasn’t been his performance on the field. He is the defensive equivalent of Freddie Mitchell; only people actually think Hall is good. I have an idea, Mr. Davis. How about you actually realize that you have the best CB in the NFL on your roster, and give him some money? Nnamdi Asomugha has allowed three catches this season. That isn’t a typo; Asomugha has allowed THREE catches this season.

Dan Snyder decided it was his turn to take a chance on a player with absolutely no NFL success. The Redskins decided to bring in Hall for the rest of the season for the league minimum. Is it wrong that I still think Hall is being overpaid despite playing for the league minimum? What exactly are the Redskins hoping to accomplish with DeAngelo Hall? He surely isn’t better than Carlos Rogers. Shawn Springs has been nicked up this year, but is significantly better than Hall. Fred Smoot is average at best, but still plenty better than Hall. I would even play Leigh Torrence over him. So why bring him in? I would rather see if Deion Sanders or Darrell Green has any interest in coming back before I even considered Hall.

Isn’t time we stop being fooled by players with big names? DeAngelo Hall isn’t a good football player… he isn’t even average. He is in the same class as Travis Fisher, Andre Goodman, and Jason Craft. It’s not the pass rush, it’s not the CB on the other side of the field, it isn’t the system, it’s Hall. It’s time even average NFL fans look past Sportscenter highlights and start focusing on things that matter."

Real nice find. This is why I was not really interested in bringing him in. He ISNT that good. He's a loudmouth that attracts attention, but he's mostly "all show and no go". It's funny how people cant see past things like a big mouth or a PR machine and get to the actual football part. At least he's only costing vet min, and isnt starting. Still I would have cut Tryon and kept Torrence, or just stood pat and not bothered with him. We were about as deep as anyone at CB anyway.

sounds like someone we once had on our team ... /shrugs

Yea, so? he's suffered consequences from any negative action he may have done...whats your point?

*edit* On the Hall getting burned all the time thing...well he does, he gets burned a lot, ocho cinco made him look absolutely foolish in a preseason game and hes been getting ham sandwiched all year, he wasnt really better in ATL he just jacked an INT every so often which was nice on the highlight reel. I'm not excited about him here although it wont hurt for the rest of this year.

(along w/ "No D") who is covering T.O.

Issues letting go? Every time you get a chance, you say something negative about Carlos Rogers. Yes, he drops interceptions, otherwise, he's still a damn good cornerback.

Did he kick your dog or something?

only thing i dont like about those stats are the tackles. i dont think the CB should have high tackle numbers since most likely it means that he is giving up completions then making the tackle.

if it is on helping in run support, im all for CBs having tackles. but like the stat said, 40 of 66 passes against him were completions. so thats not a good rate, which leads me to believe that his tackles were from giving up completions.

If a CB gets tackles...its not his fault. Its on the defensive scheme and mainly on the men up front.

That's not true at all. More often than not a CB will get tackles by being thrown at and giving up completions. It's true that a weak front seven will also contribute to tackle count in the secondary but the main beneficiaries of in that case are often the safeties.

There are definitely a few guys in the league with an uncanny ability to defend against both the edge run and the pass but these guys are few and far between. Antoine Winfield is a great example... DeAngelo Hall is not.

I'm sure that there's been quite a bit of intelligent analysis in this thread, but allow me to say this without reading any of it:

At the rate T.O.'s playing he should be looking forward to working at Lavar Arrington's chicken wing restaurant (as one poster in another thread called it).

I guess whoever wrote this article and posted those stats forgot one thing, Hall's problem this year came more from the Raiders defense sucking then him being a bad CB. A CB can only cover his guy for so long without safety help/a pass rush, so without it, a CB gets abused.

T.O should really shut his mouth, because other then Braylon Edwards (and Carlos Rogers...haha), no one has worse hands in the WORLD!

Archived