Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

980 Is Doing A Burgandy Towel Giveaway

E44

I think it's a good idea. For those of you who want to knock it you can keep your boring ass at home and try not to crack a smile or get pumped when you see the burgandy towels spinning at Fedex.

Oh did I mention it's a nationally televised game against the cowboys?

Fedex is gonna be packed, loud, and burgandy! Hail!!!

Good fan bases like the old redskins fans, steelers , packers, cheifs and teams of that sort do not need a PR firm t oadopt a method for them to become better fans. They adopt it on their own. Like shaking the seats at RFK.

Its insulting. To see a screen to tell us to cheer. Or to be quiet.

I know its a different era from JKC. But its hard to get use to.

How pathetic or desperate is the PR department getting? First, they are posting Pro Bowl "election" signs all over the place and now they are giving out towels to counteract the Monday Night debacle?

It reminds me of that intersection that people have always warned authorities about and plead for a traffic light. They finally install the traffic light AFTER someone gets killed in an accident.

Yeah, ugh....Yeah...... Youre and idiot. They do this stuff for the fans. If they didnt do this kind of stuff you would probably be posting comments on here about how they never do anything for us. In your mind I guess the glass is always half empty. Vinny is hooking us up and keeping us involved. Hail!!!

I'd bet that the ruckus that came up last week on ES about creating a Burgundy towel for Skins fans is the genesis behind this move.

That being said, I'm sure it takes a little bit of time to order, create and ship 50K of the things, which would be why they weren't available in time for Monday night's game. Just my guess.

So rather than fume over the unfortunate timing, let's give the team plenty of good suggestions to prevent them from getting into the hands of Cowboy fans.

So, anyone wearing Cowboys paraphernalia of any kind: NO towel for you!

Seinfeld-Soup-Nazi.jpg

Skins fans and those wearing generic clothing, one each.

Yeah, ugh....Yeah...... Youre and idiot. They do this stuff for the fans. If they didnt do this kind of stuff you would probably be posting comments on here about how they never do anything for us. In your mind I guess the glass is always half empty. Vinny is hooking us up and keeping us involved. Hail!!!

That's cute chazzy. I'm an idiot? Yet you say "youre and idiot." Oh the irony.:doh:

Good fan bases like the old redskins fans, do not need a PR firm t oadopt a method for them to become better fans. They adopt it on their own. Like shaking the seats at RFK.

Do you try and go out of way to not mak s sencts on this bored?

I really hope for your sake that English is not your native language.

Anyway' date=' it's an original idea if this were 1979.[/quote']

At least when the Minnesota Twins gave out their Homer Hankies in 1991 it was for a different sport and playoff games none the less.

I could see the talk radio stations in Pittsburgh having a nice laugh about us now, a full week after the fact. Pittsburgh's version of Czaban clowning us tonight on the 5:00 drive home.:doh:

BTW, burgundy towels are not going to show well on TV in the crowd at a night game. Yellow tends to show up a lot better in most settings.

When I went to the playoff game in tampa a couple years ago, they had red and white flags at evry seat. I was there kind of early and grabbed and hid evry one in the section around me. Turned out half my section was skins fans anyways so it didn't make too much difference. I did give everyone their flag at the end of the game, however.

Same scenario for me......I stole all those flags early and come to find out that there was only 2 Tampa fans in the general vicinity. I could not get over how many Skins fans were there! It was like a home game...

Brightside: When the Steelers come back in 2016, we'll be ready.

Is it guaranteed that it will be 2016? I never did figure out how home and away is determined. And I'm guessing the Redskins will be playing the Steelers in Pittsburgh in 2012?

I actually wouldn't mind if they never came back. I hate looking at Steelers games especially at Heinz (wooo caught myself almost put Hines Field) Field.

Their colors just irritate me. Black and Gold is one of my favorite color combinations. They must have went through a lot to screw it up. It just looks nasty to me. Those pants, the pinstripe look near their shoulders, the Steelers symbol on only one side of their helmet. Oh man!

It's funny isn't it? I wonder if he's willing to come and see me Sunday night and call me idiot in person?;)

Oh wow, youre so tough. Takes a tough guy to threaten someone on a message board. Not to mention trying to throw down with a fellow Skins fan at our own game. You probably beat your kids dont you? Take your disconsolated life and direct your frustrations against a cowboys fan fool.

Archived