Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants’ Tuck Is Fined $7,500 for Hit on Bollinger

Big Blue Joe

I have watched that play a few times and I still don't understand what exactly he did to warrant a flag or a penalty.

Then I watch the Redskins/Steelers game and watch Jason Campbell get belly-to-back suplexed, which is against the rules specifically to lift a qb off their feet and drive them to the ground and there is no flag, no fine, no nothing. Not to mention Jason Campell was hit in his knees more than once by Pittsburgh defenders.

None of this makes any sense.

I have watched that play a few times and I still don't understand what exactly he did to warrant a flag or a penalty.

Then I watch the Redskins/Steelers game and watch Jason Campbell get belly-to-back suplexed, which is against the rules specifically to lift a qb off their feet and drive them to the ground and there is no flag, no fine, no nothing. Not to mention Jason Campell was hit in his knees more than once by Pittsburgh defenders.

None of this makes any sense.

Here you go

Also, Pittsburgh LB LaMarr Woodley was fined $10,000 for roughing the passer for a hit on QB Jason Campbell. Woodley threw Campbell to the ground violently during a sack, a play Campbell said he thought was "excessive." Woodley had been fined earlier this season for roughing the passer as well, on Sept. 14

Its just a sign of something bigger. The NFL is asserting its control over the game down to the smallest details, including things that would have never been scrutinized before. Not unlike what we've seen occur to society as a whole from government lately. The authority movement is being injected into everything.

Maybe the NFL should consider becoming a flag football league.
Well mark it down, we've found a second common ground. It was a text book tackle and a crap call.
Also, Pittsburgh LB LaMarr Woodley was fined $10,000 for roughing the passer for a hit on QB Jason Campbell. Woodley threw Campbell to the ground violently during a sack, a play Campbell said he thought was "excessive." Woodley had been fined earlier this season for roughing the passer as well, on Sept. 14
Woodley easily could have recieved a flag on that play. With the way fines are being handed out there was no way he didn't deserve one.

The roughing call later in the game against the Steelers was a sucky call. :2cents:

Not that is would have mattered but Campbell was hit below the knees in the Pittsburgh game and basically suplexed but neither was called roughing.

Tuck finished the tackle and that may be what they claim was excessive but in real-time it wasn't late at all.

Goodell isn't the one who hands out the fines. I believe that is Gene Washington's responsibility.
Gotcha, Goodell just has veto power. There have been numerous questionable and/or excessive fines this year. I am glad to see this one was vetoed but can't understand how it got to that point. If it was a statement on Washington's part to back his refs, his judgment needs to be questioned.

Archived