Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What kind of dog would you like to see live in the White House?

sleazye

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It's called an Akita and there is nothing that comes close to having a mini version of a Bear who is almost as smart as you.

Dude ... please.

Ever hear of a

Fila Brasiliero?

Dogo Argentino?

Cane Corso?

Japanese Tosa?

Black Russian Terrier?

Akita's are good dogs, can't hold a candle to the above. It's like comparing a Ford to a Ferrari.

I personally think they should rescue a dog from the pound.

I have had several dogs in my life, both pure bred and mutts. In my opinion, the mutts are the better companions.

Right now I have two mixed breeds and both were rescued.

This is Simon. A mix of a golden retreiver and gordon setter. Or as I like to call him a golden gordon.

His hair is extremely long and his beard is pretty cool ( his beard is about nine inches long)

He's a good boy and is thankful for a family after being abandoned on the streets and picked up by animal control. I am so glad to have found him.

Dude ... please.

Ever hear of a

Fila Brasiliero?

Dogo Argentino?

Cane Corso?

Japanese Tosa?

Black Russian Terrier?

Akita's are good dogs, can't hold a candle to the above. It's like comparing a Ford to a Ferrari.

They are all great breeds, as are most, but there is nothing like an Akita.

The Tosa is great as well, I would get one if they were more obtainable and legal.

The Spitz breeds are amazing. They do call the Akita the "thinking dog", but they don't make many "smart dog" lists because they go on training ease.

They are all great breeds, as are most, but there is nothing like an Akita.

The Tosa is great as well, I would get one if they were more obtainable and legal.

The Spitz breeds are amazing. They do call the Akita the "thinking dog", but they don't make many "smart dog" lists because they go on training ease.

I took care of some Akita's for a while and they are great dogs. Although the female had a bit of a temper as to be expected staying at a new house for 4 weeks.

They used to be Japanese Imperial guard dogs. Not sure of that now though.

I do know they are very loyal to their family and will do whatever is needed to protect that family.

I took care of some Akita's for a while and they are great dogs. Although the female had a bit of a temper as to be expected staying at a new house for 4 weeks.

They used to be Japanese Imperial guard dogs. Not sure of that now though.

I do know they are very loyal to their family and will do whatever is needed to protect that family.

They are a tough breed. I have a female, yes she has a big attitude.

They are still used that way, they even named an island after the breed.

Certainly not for the novice dog owner.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/11/07/mf.presidential.pets/index.html

Calvin Coolidge's pygmy hippopotamus

Herbert Hoover wanted to put a chicken in every pot, a car in every garage, and...a gator in the Oval Office? It's true.

Mr. Reciprocity and Mr. Protection -- Benjamin Harrison's two opossums. Harrison's son Russell also had a pet goat named Old Whiskers.

To save cash during World War I, Woodrow Wilson brought in a flock of sheep to take care of the White House's groundskeeping duties. Old Ike, a ram, supposedly chewed tobacco.

Ulysses S. Grant supposedly kept some game****s at the White House.

Roosevelt also had a pet badger, of course.

Archived