Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: Jason Taylor will become a big contributor.

jnhay

I think a lot of fans may have already dismissed Jason Taylor since he really hasn't done anything so far. It seems to me that he was rushed and pressured into becoming a key player (as it should be) and he hasn't been able to play to his potential due to injury.

When Taylor comes back, he'll be refreshed and hopefully close to 100% healthy. He hasn't been terrible so far, but after the bye week we'll start seeing some major pressure from Taylor's side. Taylor playing better means the whole line gets better, and when that happens we'll see more turnovers. I don't think I'm being optimistic either.

I think a lot of fans may have already dismissed Jason Taylor since he really hasn't done anything so far. It seems to me that he was rushed and pressured into becoming a key player (as it should be) and he hasn't been able to play to his potential due to injury.

When Taylor comes back, he'll be refreshed and hopefully close to 100% healthy. He hasn't been terrible so far, but after the bye week we'll start seeing some major pressure from Taylor's side. Taylor playing better means the whole line gets better, and when that happens we'll see more turnovers. I don't think I'm being optimistic either.

Are you a friend of JT's? Basically, this guy has seen his best days. Can he contribute? Sure, but not a game changer - anymore.

It is already mid season. What has Jason Taylor done? Absolutely nothing. It seems like our defense does better without him anyway.

I dont see him being a factor at any point as a skin. Just another wasted draft pick on an overpriced washed up free agent. I don't know why no one else is saying this. We spent a 2nd rounder on a player that hasnt been healthy since he got here. Granted, we had no way of knowing that as soon as he became a skin he would completely fall apart (including a freak injury), but to know that a second rounder and then some for a guy who won't even contribute 8 games this year, and at best one full season next year, seems like WAY too high a price.

I think the notion that Taylor is done is ridiculous. Do we remember the ugly looking knee injury he suffered a few weeks before the first game that he was playing with? Then the pretty serious calf problem? He flat out has not played a healthy game this year. If we can rest him up and get him healthy I think you can absolutely assume based on his performace as recently as last year that he will be a contributor. But the big "if" is the health obviously. He would be a good addition as a nickel end with Evans rushing from the DT position to start when he's feeling up to it. When he's healthier and playing every down let's see what he can do before making judgements.

It is already mid season. What has Jason Taylor done? Absolutely nothing. It seems like our defense does better without him anyway.

Umm, I addressed that he's done nothing so far. You don't think him getting healthy will make him play better?

Are you a friend of JT's? Basically, this guy has seen his best days. Can he contribute? Sure, but not a game changer - anymore.

It's just a prediction, feel free to bump this thread if he is a failure because I know I'll bump it if I'm right just because I'm arrogant like that.

Yeah, just sweep that 2nd and 6th right under a rug and forget about them.

Edit: I'm not saying play JT, but remember the price that was paid for him.

That's my point though. Look at what we gave up for basically 9 or 10 games this year, several of which were when he was less than 100 percent, and 16 games next year (barring anymore injuries or possible early retirement), plus possible playoff games (hopefully). AT BEST, we traded 2 picks for 26 games. Just doesn't seem that good to me. I hope he can contribute, and I believe he will help, but his best years are behind him, and our young guys are starting to contibute.

yep springs will come back for the dallas game and play his usual half or so marking TO, then go out with a bruised shin, and be out for the rest of the season... and jason taylor will come back at 65 percent and be completely ineffective, while his calf ballons up with blood...

if he comes back healthy witch i feel he will and he contribues and we come from no where to win it all all you haters will be on tayler for how great of a pickup he was in my opinion you need a few vets to give tips to the up and coming cause i will guarentee that jason tayler has gave tips to evens to help his game out so i feel that if we get the rest of this season and next season out of tayler it was well worth the price. Got to have a few vets to help out our up and coming to be great instead of average we used to try and play with nothing but vets but now we use our vets to teach our young so i feel that this was a good move all around

Archived