Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I thought the WCO was KNOWN for beating the blitz

NoCalMike

I remember watching tapes of the 49ers and even the recent years when the Seahawks were a good team, and something that was always impressive about the WCO was the way it could counter a blitz.

Of course, we aren't lining up Jerry Rice on the line with Montana throwing to him, but still, I didn't see any hot reads or anything to counter the blitz.

everytime they brought heat up the middle and the sides, i have no clue why portis and cooley were just going short middle or into the flats. he'd just hold on to the ball and get decked. we cannot play against heat defenses, and if were gonna be a playoff contender, we need to figure this out.

also, jansen is friggin terrible. we need heyer back.

I remember watching tapes of the 49ers and even the recent years when the Seahawks were a good team, and something that was always impressive about the WCO was the way it could counter a blitz.

Of course, we aren't lining up Jerry Rice on the line with Montana throwing to him, but still, I didn't see any hot reads or anything to counter the blitz.

Do you remember how long the niners were together building a team and building chemistry? it doesnt happen overnight or even in one NFL season.

every time they showed a replay behind campbell, all the recievers were covered extremely well. go back and watch for yourself. it reminded me of the giants game. their D outplayed our O. simple

Go watch those "replays" and you will see the corners on man about 10 yards deep, yet we attempt no hot reads, and not hitches. Campbell did little at the line in terms of audible and has proven that he has not even gotten close to grasping whatever zorn has thrown at him. So far Campbell relies too much on checkdowns and not enough on hitting his first or second targets.

The WCO was not going to work with James Harrison and James Farrior roaming the middle of the field.

"Roaming"???? They blitzed on every down, the middle of the field was wide open. One 2nd and 5 play portis was wide open on a rb option with plenty of room to make the first down, Campbell held on to the ball and took the sack.

Lots of the blitzes are fake. You will notice that the Steelers usually only rush two people. The other defenders act like they are blitzing and then peel back into coverage. The offense does not know where the REAL blitz is coming from until after the snap.

What I don't understand is why Zorn didn't adjust to Lebeau's blitzes after halftime. He knew they were coming but didn't do anything to combat them.

maybe he did, but the o-line was still acting like a busted damn...i would think its hard to run plays when your o-line cant block the other team for a count of 3...i myself would have just run the ball the entire game and said hell with it, lets move onto next week...we arent going to get campbell killed tonight.

Lots of the blitzes are fake. You will notice that the Steelers usually only rush two people. The other defenders act like they are blitzing and then peel back into coverage. The offense does not know where the REAL blitz is coming from until after the snap.

Correct, however the Eagles do this too and we didn't look as inept as them and I would say the Eagles secondary is probably just as good as Pittsburghs.

Go watch those "replays" and you will see the corners on man about 10 yards deep, yet we attempt no hot reads, and not hitches. Campbell did little at the line in terms of audible and has proven that he has not even gotten close to grasping whatever zorn has thrown at him. So far Campbell relies too much on checkdowns and not enough on hitting his first or second targets.

Cooley 48 catches, Moss 44 catches, ARE 36 catches

then goes ALL the way down to portis with 11.....yep thats our top 4 WRs but all we do is dump it off eh? haha ok

Archived