Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movie Review- The Strangers

ljs

I thought it was excellent. I had 10 of my friends watch it and it was honestly 50/50.

Some of them disected the movie too much, which I try not to do in horror films. I thought it was good I watched it in the movies the first time and I literally saw a couple of people leave the movie

The soundtrack throughout the movie was rather creepy. I thought the camera angles gave the overall movie good effects as well.

My only thing I didn't like without giving away the movie was how dark the movie was throughout. Often times it was hard to see what was going on

I thought it was excellent. I had 10 of my friends watch it and it was honestly 50/50.

Some of them disected the movie too much, which I try not to do in horror films. I thought it was good I watched it in the movies the first time and I literally saw a couple of people leave the movie

The soundtrack throughout the movie was rather creepy. I thought the camera angles gave the overall movie good effects as well.

My only thing I didn't like without giving away the movie was how dark the movie was throughout. Often times it was hard to see what was going on

That's a good point about how dark it was. I noticed this in Saw 5 as well, too dark and could see anything.

I recently saw it and thought it was pretty good. It reminded me a lot of Vacancy in that they make you feel uncomfortable (with the guy being in the house almost immediately). You don't ever feel like you can take a deep breath and that was very effective.

I don't care too much for the ending, the way things went down. But the first hour of suspense was pretty good to me.

The only real predictable scene for me was when the friend showed up and what happened to him. (don't want to give away too much for someone who hasn't seen it.). I like suspense. I dont' need a ton of gore, like the Saw movies. Although I like them. For me, the reason I liked it, was the fact that I was on my seat just waiting to see what would happen next.

In all horror movies, the people get stupid. Like don't call 911, or go outside, or trip and fall when they run...so I expected a lil of that.

The ending was awesome imo, because not too many horror movies end that way. There's always some feel good something or other that's gotta inspire hope towards the end. I wouldn't exactly say her sitting up and screaming at the end inspires much hope. We don't even know for sure that she survives...that could have been her last breath.

One thing that irked me was that you never see the faces of the killers, except for the blonde chick who knocked at the door, and even her face had a shadow over half of it. But at the same time....i liked that because it added an element of mystery and pure randomness to the act.

Highlight my text for the rest of what i said. If you haven't seen the movie and are planning too, maybe you shouldn't highlight my text. I don't know that i posted any "spoilers" per say...but it gives you ideas about the movie that you wouldn't otherwise have w/o seeing it. It could ruin it a lil bit....so watch the movie first, then come read what i said.

I don't get it when people say horror movies are "slow". If you want fast paced action, explosions, and ridiculous car chases that no human could survive, watch an action movie.

"slowness" in a horror movie goes hand in hand with creepyness and a sense of underlying terror that's waiting to strike.

I don't get it when people say horror movies are "slow". If you want fast paced action, explosions, and ridiculous car chases that no human could survive, watch an action movie.

"slowness" in a horror movie goes hand in hand with creepyness and a sense of underlying terror that's waiting to strike.

Maybe slow was the wrong word, but what I was trying to convey is that I didn't find it overly creey/edge of my seat, like I usually expect a good horror to be. Thats just how I saw it :whoknows:

yeah, I think that's why I liked it. Sort of felt like, "geez, just kill them already". I like suspense. Gore doesn't do much for me. Hell, my dad was a mortician, and I've seen plenty of murdered bodies. For me, that's the boring part.

I love horror movies and honestly thought that this movie was really lame. It started out with potential but just got boring as it went along. The ending was also really anti-climatic. I could have thought of a million better endings than how this one finished.

Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE (spoken in order of Ashley, Kristy, and I who watched the movie at our place last week).

Disclaimer: I am alrady biased against horror movies as I really dislike them, I was just too lazy to get off the couch and leave our living room.

But really, I'm just not big on horror movies where the "victims" are total idiots who make the dumbest decisions that further their predicament.

Archived