Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we play our hurt guys?

Slateman

Samuels, Jason Taylor, Moss, Springs, ect

All these guys are nicked up. Now, they could probably play, but this brings about two things:

1. They would still be nicked up or hurt worse

2. They won't be as productive

So . . . might it be worth it, so to speak, to punt this game, give the banged up players some extra time off, and come out of the bye as close to 100% as possible?

For a big game coming up. I'd hate to sit any starter out. But sitting Moss out is the best and safe option out of any player. Learning from the previous unproductive seasons of 2006 and 2007, a unhealthy Santana Moss isn't the Moss we all know. Keep him healthy, take no chances with this man.

Honestly, about Jason Taylor...we didn't need him before the season....defense has played well without him this season. He isn't a must have right now. Sorry.

If we still had Betts, I'd have CP sit out to recover a full 100% going into this bye week. But with Alexander as our back up? (shrugs) No thanks! We're screwed without CP.

Facing the strong Pitt Defense, having Samuels starting is a MUST. Samuels in = less fumbles from Cambell.

taylor doesnt do any help in there anyway so we are not gonna lose the game just cause hes not playing.

Moss will probably play, maybe not as much as hes used to but he will play. Portis will play cause hes Portis and cant go without laying someone on ground.

Cooley should have a big game, and ARE too. Maybe one of ur rookies will get some yards too. Alexander needs to stop dancing and run the ball.

In our division we can't afford to punt any games away. If we can get the guys on the field to help us win, do it. Plus, they'll already have an extra week of rest with the bye, so I don't undestand the theory of "let's give them more rest because they're already getting more rest". Moss has to play if he's healthy, because he is our best chance of loosening up Pittsburgh's top ranked run defense. I am in favor of sitting Spring and Taylor our just because we've shown we can win without them and they will be more valuable at 100% down the stretch then they will at 65-70% tonight.

I've been thinking about this since last night.

If your guy can go....he should go.

However, if you treat this as games with weighs based on Conference and Division. What do you do? If you really knew that resting Moss and Samuels would mean they would be nearly 100% in 2 weeks against Dallas. Would you rest them? Winning against Dallas and losing to Pittsburgh is better for rankings.

I don't know the answer. But, I'd understand sitting the guys with a bye week coming up. 2 weeks to rest your best is a rare thing.

Archived