Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reason why we drafted Fred Davis?

darrelgreenie

The Redskins, much like our hated rivals, are a team that relies heavily on production from the TE position. The Cowboys now face the prospect of playing without Jason Witten. But, unfortunately, they used a 2nd round draft pick on TE Martellus Bennett and likely won't have as drasitic a drop off in production at the TE position as we would all like.

Fred Davis at the very least is the Chris Cooley insurance policy so the offense doesn't take a huge step back if Cooley couldn't play.

2120157345_dbe4381ebc_m.jpg

2697525159_0b44fb2e12.jpg?v=0

Thoughts?

I must say that is a good question. Ill have to see who we might have drafted instead. If he could be a threat it would wash but he has not contributed or hear that he will. Not saying he wont but where is he? Especially at the price of a 2nd rounder. That's what we gave for Jason Taylor.

I think that overall the skins had a good draft in 08. But the one pick I was very surprised at was Fred Davis. Not that he is a quality player, or his value in round 2, but it was really not an area of need. Defense would have been higher on the list, either D line or secondary/linebacker.

I must say that is a good question. Ill have to see who we might have drafted instead. If he could be a threat it would wash but he has not contributed or hear that he will. Not saying he wont but where is he? Especially at the price of a 2nd rounder. That's what we gave for Jason Taylor.

Imagine if Cooley were to get hurt.

Do you think Yoder could fill Cooley's role in the offense?

My point is that Davis is Cooley's insurance policy.

Just like Martellus Bennett is Jason Witten's.

:cheers:

Does anyone bother to read the OP?

Imagine if Cooley were to get hurt.

Do you think Yoder could fill Cooley's role in the offense?

My point is that Davis is Cooley's insurance policy.

Just like Martellus Bennett is Jason Witten's.

:cheers:

Does anyone bother to read the OP?

I do believe Yoder would come in whether I like it or not since Davis is a 3rd string 2nd rounder. Like I said if he can produce at a high level then the draft pick is fine but can he produce being a 3rd string. Maybe they get rid of Yoder next year and Davis is the new rave.

Archived