Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santonio Holmes: Out? / Injuries to steelers

RedskinsFanatic

I think the flukey bad snap that comes with an injury at that position has already happened. I would be shocked if we get a break like that considering they have a week to get their long-snapper ready. I could be wrong though.

They are banged up like us, so injuries should be relatively even.

Here's to hoping we can continue the NFC East dominance over the Steelers. Though, the reason Philly and New York beat them was due 100% to pass rush. Yikes.

Holmes already served his one game yesterday.

Incorrect, he did not play as disciplinary action from the TEAM. The NFL has a very clearly defined policy that team sanctions have NO effect on punishment handed down by the NFL. So he may well be suspended by the NFL in the near future

Holmes already served his one game yesterday.

That has nothing to do with an NFL ruling. That is something the Steelers organization did on their own, nothing to do with the league.

My understading is that it could be up to a 4 game suspension, but nothing has been reported about it at all. Just wondering if we'll hear something today or tomorrow regarding it. If he doesn't play thats a great advantage for the 'Skins. :logo:

Ryan Clark got busted up, too. He was wearing a sling and watching the game from the sidelines after a nice hit on Steve Smith.

I heard one of the broadcasters say that Willie Parker will be "back next week" so we'll see about that. The injury sword swings both ways this time of year, so I don't see us benefiting.

We gotta go with our one deep (Landry), man coverage set and blitz like madmen. They are our their 1st and 2nd string runners, so we need to sell out to stop the pass....

Not so sure about that Pittsburg is a team that will maul ya with the run if they can. I still think they would prefer to smashmouth over throwing it all over the place. They are a very physical team and a hallmark of a physical team is a smashmouth offense and a hard hitting defense. I'd say stop the run at all costs than bring pressure on Rothlisburger on obvious passing downs and hope he makes some mistakes.

On the steelers forum I was looking at today. Most seem to think that he will get at least a 1 game suspension (because Godell is a dick, LOL, not because the idiot got busted smoking weed). Some are even calling for at least a 1 game to teach him a lesson. Others that I read, can't find them not must have gotten merged into another thread, seemed to think that he's only gonna get rehab because its his first league violation. Also, some seem to think that Ryan Clark will be back for Monday night even though he has a dislocated shoulder.

Heres a link to the forum: http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Check out "Injury update" thread.

Hail!

Not so sure about that Pittsburg is a team that will maul ya with the run if they can. I still think they would prefer to smashmouth over throwing it all over the place. They are a very physical team and a hallmark of a physical team is a smashmouth offense and a hard hitting defense. I'd say stop the run at all costs than bring pressure on Rothlisburger on obvious passing downs and hope he makes some mistakes.

Normally yes, but without Parker (at least I expect him to be out) and Mendenhall, they are down to their 3rd option. Moore isn't bad, but I don't they can ride him to victory. If they are going to win it, it's going to be through the air. If we harass Roethlisburger, then I think we'll win, but if we sell out against the run, I think we run the risk of giving him too much time and letting them get 2-3 big plays.

With their defense, we need to try to keep them below 14 points....

Normally yes, but without Parker (at least I expect him to be out) and Mendenhall, they are down to their 3rd option. Moore isn't bad, but I don't they can ride him to victory. If they are going to win it, it's going to be through the air. If we harass Roethlisburger, then I think we'll win, but if we sell out against the run, I think we run the risk of giving him too much time and letting them get 2-3 big plays.

With their defense, we need to try to keep them below 14 points....

Good points I think the bottom line is to make them one dimensional, and imo I'd rather have them chuck the ball all over the place than have over 100 yard rushing so both run and pass are in the mix. I think the issue will be harrasing Rothlisburger, in their two losses big Ben was sacked nearly 15 times (8 by Philly and 5 by Giants).

Both Philly and Giants run a similar very aggresive defensive scheme (Spagnulo was the LB coach under Jim Johnson for many years). We do not run this type of scheme so I want to see how Blache will play it stay to what we've been good at (coverage) or dial up some pressure blitz packages.

I think the key to this game is protection for Campbell. Our offensive line needs to give Campbell time to make the throws b/c their secondary is banged up. Their defense is really good, but if our offense can wear them down with a steady dose of #26 and some play action, we'll be fine. As for Holmes, I think he will play

Exactly the key is protecting Jason if they give him time he can have a big day their secondary is suspect even when they are healthy they are vulnerable to the big play. I think Jason will be the key in this game . I think CP is going to have kind of a tough day running against them.

However, I believe they will run just enough to keep that defense honest.

Ryan Clark had his right arm in a sling yesterday after dislocating his shoulder against the Giants. The Steelers' starting free safety is hopeful he will be able to play against the Redskins. ... Farrior, on the difference in Sunday's game: "They executed a little bit better than we did. That's what it boiled down to."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_595489.html

Archived