Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something funny that happened to me today...

Drop

So i go through the Drive Thru at McDonalds to get a small fries and a quarter pounder with cheese for lunch and the guy taking my order asks me.....

"Will that be for here or to go?"

:doh: Genius of monumental proportions....i know. All I could do was shake my head at the shear stupidity of the question i had just been asked. I answered him with "Um, yeah i'll take that to go since i'm in the Drive Thru."

This would be perfect for one of those "Signs of the Apocalypse" bits that Sports Illustrated does every week in their magazine....lol, too bad it doesn't pertain to sports.

He is probably used to working at the counter and having to ask that question (for here or to go?) a million times a day so when he switched to the drive thru he just reverted back to old habits.

Not trying to combat your thread but I don't think this guy is as big of an idiot as you are making him out to be, at least what happened today doesn't make him an idiot, he very well could be an idiot.

He is probably used to working at the counter and having to ask that question (for here or to go?) a million times a day so when he switched to the drive thru he just reverted back to old habits.

I think this is likely to be the reason. McDonalds is all about being programmed and getting their associates to give uniform and rote responses to customers. This is most likely a product of that. Hard to switch it off when it's been on all day. The bottom line is the guy doesn't give a **** about your customer experience and if one of his habitual lines pops out inadvertently it's not a big deal.

yeah, I hope none of my customers from when I worked at a grocery store post here...:ols:

I was famous for the:

Me: How are you today?

Them: I'm doing pretty good, how are you?

Me: I'm doing good, how are you?

:doh:

Yeah I've done that 2 or 3 times. The other people didn't say anything, but they kind of did an amused doubletake kind of look. I felt pretty stupid though.

Yeah I wouldn't go so far as to call the guy an idiot.

When I was bartending, my boss was sitting at the bar and told me that the restaurant would take care of one of the guests.

So when the guy came up to pay his tab, I said "This round is on you."

He was like "what?"

I said again, "no you're good, this round is on you."

Then my boss was laughing and said to the guy "no, he means the round is on us."

I felt like an ass. :doh:

Then again... I was probably boozing behind the bar anyway, ha.

Archived