Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

These are YOUR Washington Redskins, Now Enjoy Them!

Diehard Otis

Okay. After taking a look at the board & many of the comments, I'm really putting myself out there, but I have to get this off my chest! I'm one of the long-term fans, so please regard these comments in that vien:

This is clearly the best Washington Redskins team I've seen in 15 years! They are talented, consistent, physically beat-up their opponents, & they have begun to build the kind of momentum that can snowball into a season of lasting memories. Right Now, I consider us an upper-echelon team that has the potential to go 12-4, although 11-5 is indeed a realistic & attainable goal. We've gotten an MVP year from our Tailback, a Pro-Bowl caliber season from our QB, & big plays from our playmakers. The Special Teams have been quite solid & the Defense has played lights out!

The Team we currently cheer in Washington will dominate the majority of it's opponents while winning by 3-to-8 points per contest. No, Washington will not average 27+ points a game this year on Offense, however, rare is the game the Defense surrenders more than 17 points to a given opponent.

Given those variables, I suggest to all on ES to enjoy the ride. The Redskins have the character, the temperament, & the talent to Win ANYWHERE in January. I think that it is important for us to take a step back & consider where it is our team finds itself, since most of us simply wanted to avoid the cellar this season.

More to the point, what do you care more about--chris berman salivating over our highlights or Washington being in a position to seriously challenge for the NFC Crown THIS YEAR, while beating people 17-13?

Just wait until the 'Skins lose a game. There will be folks out here demanding that everybody from the HC to the waterboy be fired. There will be doom and gloom. The world will be ending.

It's rather remarkable. I've commented in another thread that you would think that you would think that we lost this game based on the comments today.

(Side note: I still have a burr under my saddle about Special Teams blocking, but that's a 3 year problem.)

But I agree. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

I'm a realist. The Skins looked great today, and even though they may be fatigued, I think they have a great opportunity to beat PIT (Preseason projection was a Skins Loss). If they do, and go 3-1 in their 4 "easy" games, I'll be extremely impressed. Did I mention that Skins looked great today? Oh I did, did it again.

the reason why not much is happy is because would u be happy, loosing to the rams at home. then sqeezing out a win against the browns on their missed fg at home. then go to detroit to almost give them a chance to come back.... as a viewer, or from a coaches P.O.V.. not too much to boast about. we have major work to do.... we should be whooping ass against these teams... part of it is on capmbell and part of that is on zorn. campbell needs to know the playbook too a point where it becomes instincts and he doesnt have to think about it... and zorn. well he needs to keep throwing the balls, keep taking shots down field.

the reason why not much is happy is because would u be happy, loosing to the rams at home. then sqeezing out a win against the browns on their missed fg at home. then go to detroit to almost give them a chance to come back.... as a viewer, or from a coaches P.O.V.. not too much to boast about. we have major work to do.... we should be whooping ass against these teams... part of it is on capmbell and part of that is on zorn. campbell needs to know the playbook too a point where it becomes instincts and he doesnt have to think about it... and zorn. well he needs to keep throwing the balls, keep taking shots down field.

Heaven forbid it takes more than 4 months to learn another new playbook. He obviously knows it well enough to play, but perfecting it will take some time. Relax, we are winning games and that is all that matters.

Just wait until the 'Skins lose a game. There will be folks out here demanding that everybody from the HC to the waterboy be fired. There will be doom and gloom. The world will be ending.

But I agree. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

well they would be wrong the end of the world isn't until 2012:silly:

I am loving the team we put together, i just hope this playing down crap doesnt bite us in arse and put us on the road when we should be hosting. bengals niners and racens mixed in with a real tuff finish, Pitt, dal, nyg, phil and @ sea. I am happy but a bit worried about underachieving, I worry less when we play better teams, i know we will be up

HTTR!

Really nice thread/post....and well said....nice. I agree.....so what if this isn't a 15-1 type of dominating team that everybody expects to win it all? Gee....hasn't there been plenty of teams in NFL history that only looked pretty good by week 8 (last year's Giants?), that went on to football greatness? Even if our Redskins cannot reach the Super Bowl this season, I'm gonna still ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!

This team is not perfect and this is an on-going learning process.

They do more things right than wrong, they don't quit, they seem to give a damn about playing good football and not just getting a paycheck and frankly they may get to the playoffs and be one and done like last year...but I see a team that is coming together and a head-coach with a bright future...I have hope for this team do to great things for years to come and I am proud of this team.

Archived