Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JumboTron

Mania

There was an article on this.

Snyder - “We’ve asked our architects to come up with something for the future because we recognized that what was installed when the stadium was built prior to my ownership was an analog system. By the way, because it is an analog system we have a hard time showing replays because we have to manually roll back the videotape, unlike today’s digital systems where you push two buttons and have a replay. Now I see these big beautiful digital systems, high-definition systems, in the newest stadiums and we surely want that for the future. We’re looking hard at making something like that happen. It’s a shame that some of the local media, who know this to be the case, try to create a negative story out of replays when they know it’s because of the existing analog system.”

Snyder’s spokesman Karl Swanson has been repeating the same “It’s not us! It’s the stadium wiring!” line for years.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/2008/10/15/dan-snyder-the-nfls-last-analog-man-now-heads-the-leagues-digital-revolution/

yes, I remember that, but again that was from 2005. It has been 3 years since this article came out. The stadium was built in a year, I'm sure the wiring could be fixed in less than 3 years or even an offseason. Not that I'm an engineer, but I believe that is a pretty good guess.

They are pure garbage. I have seats in the lower level, one of the endzones...I can barely make out what the mini-tron is showing on the opposite side of the field.

Come on now so do i, in 112 and i can see the opposite screen just fine, its not THAT bad :rolleyes:

Do you wear glasses?

Anybody remember the old Light Bright board at RFK?

The ads for Hambuger Hamlet and John Deere lawnmowers?

"nothing runs like a Deere"

How about the two boards on the corner walls of the old Capitol Centre?

HEH the horn speakers were the shiznit though!

As much as people dump on FedEx Field--often with good reason--I can honestly say that if they would only upgrade the Jumbotrons to nice big HD screens, I'd be perfectly happy and content with the stadium. That's the one thing about that place that just drives me up a wall.

There are older, more outdated stadiums in the league that have managed to install HD screens. And we know Snyder ain't exactly poor. I just don't get what the problem is.

Even if the Skins were to move back to DC at some point, you gotta figure it would be years down the line, and the new screens will get plenty of use in the meantime.

HEH the horn speakers were the shiznit though!

They were still hanging from the edge of the roof as of last year. They've been defunct since the new sound system was installed but I hope they never bother to take them down. The voice of Phil Hochberg will foever ring in my head.

"Riggins carries" "Theismann's pass complete to Monk complete for a TD"

No emotion in his voice. He just gave it to you straight, good or bad.

They were still hanging from the edge of the roof as of last year. They've been defunct since the new sound system was installed but I hope they never bother to take them down. The voice of Phil Hochberg will foever ring in my head.

"Riggins carries" "Theismann's pass complete to Monk complete for a TD"

No emotion in his voice. He just gave it to you straight, good or bad.

Yea the new guy at fedex is annoying...

"Fiiiiirst dowwwwwn WASHINNGGGGTON"

"Its THIRD down and LOOOOOOONG" NSS

Archived