Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 good thing and 1 bad thing about this loss for the Giants........

Tom [Giants fan]

The one good thing is that it was a loss to an AFC team so it will have very minimal effect on tiebreakers.

The one bad thing is that my rule in my class is that if the Giants win there is no homework. If they lose, homework. Needless to say, my students have homework tomorrow night.

This one is on Eli and the defenses inability to put pressure on Anderson.

But the Browns deserve a lot of credit. They had a great game plan.

Playing teams coming off of a bye is dangerous.

True, the loss was to an AFC team.

But, out of the 4 losses out of division (Redskins to Rams, Eagles to Bears, Cowboys to Cardinals, Giants to Browns), the Giants got blown out.

The other 3 losses were at least close, competitive and it's very arguable that the better team in the game lost. In this Giants game tonight, the better team is clearly the Browns.

That has to be very concerning to the players and coaches.

True, the loss was to an AFC team.

But, out of the 4 losses out of division (Redskins to Rams, Eagles to Bears, Cowboys to Cardinals, Giants to Browns), the Giants got blown out.

The other 3 losses were at least close, competitive and it's very arguable that the better team in the game lost. In this Giants game tonight, the better team is clearly the Browns.

That has to be very concerning to the players and coaches.

The Giants, especially Eli Manning had a very bad game tonight. The Browns were much better prepared.

Concerning? Yes. But probably not anymore so than the other NFC East teams with their losses.

;5683752']The Giants' date=' especially Eli Manning had a very bad game tonight. The Browns were much better prepared.

Concerning? Yes. But probably not anymore so than the other NFC East teams with their losses.[/quote']

You are right.

What a weird weekend for the NFC East.

Only the Eagles won, but they got their stink out two weeks ago against Chicago where they couldn't get one yard.

;5683752']The Giants' date=' especially Eli Manning had a very bad game tonight. The Browns were much better prepared.

Concerning? Yes. But probably not anymore so than the other NFC East teams with their losses.[/quote']

Couldnt have said it better myself.

We should have all taken the slight comradery between NFC east fan's as a warning sign. Sounds like this entire division got a little too ****y and felt like they could play at 75 percent and beat non divisional foes.

But that last play when we were driving and they brought the int back...

what a horrible call...

we were running right down their throats....

There was some bad play calling by both of the Giants' coordinators. I didn't like the play at all coming out in the second half. And you are right, they are ramming the ball down their throats on that drive and they throw a pass which ends up being 6 the other way.

And Spags' blitzes were just not working. The Giants got burned every time they blitzed and he kept doing it. They could not generate any pass rush with or without the blitz.

And while I blame the Giants a lot here, you also have to give a lot of credit to the Browns for a great game plan.

It kind of figures, I coach J.V. high school football and we beat a 4-0 team Saturday. Go figure.

Honestly? The Giants played well on offense, Eli did not. This was just one of those games that QB's have from time to time. Turnover city.

On defense though, I don't know what the Browns saw, but it seems like the short passing game just ate them alive. If I were a Giants fan, I'd be a little worried about my D. I wouldn't worry about the O at all

Honestly? The Giants played well on offense, Eli did not. This was just one of those games that QB's have from time to time. Turnover city.

On defense though, I don't know what the Browns saw, but it seems like the short passing game just ate them alive. If I were a Giants fan, I'd be a little worried about my D. I wouldn't worry about the O at all

I'm not worried about the D. I'm worried about Aaron Ross. Not just because he was hurt but because he could not stay on his feet. Edwards faked him out of his shoes three times and he ended up on the ground. Kind of disappointing from someone who was playing pretty well.

;5683850']I'm not worried about the D. I'm worried about Aaron Ross. Not just because he was hurt but because he could not stay on his feet. Edwards faked him out of his shoes three times and he ended up on the ground. Kind of disappointing from someone who was playing pretty well.

The Giants should be able to cover his defficiencies thru scheme and pressure from their front 4. I wouldn't worry too much about it, really.

It seems like that 0-10 yard passing gains were there all night though

Man was that an awful game, thankfully it only counts as one loss and not two, cause we almost deserve it the way we came out there. Cleveland just wanted it more, they were better prepared -a bye usually does that- they were playing for their playoff lives, and we just completely fell right smack dab on our ass. I'll be interested to see if the Browns can turn their season around after this performance, and make a run at their division.

As for the Giants, don't watch the film this week, in fact, burn it, bury it, and never speak of it again. Absolutely nothing went right tonight, make the 49ers pay for it next week at home.

Slants and bubble screens have been killing the Giants all year. That's how Cincinati kept the game close. The Giants have no speed at LB. But it's usually not a big deal since the Giants normally get a consistent pass rush. Today... not so much.

Gmen fans..

I feel bad...I really do.

Eli played a heck of a game though.

where's kiwi? He talked so much scrap yesterday and not a peep after getting destroyed by CLEVELAND.

Sorry, other than Tom, I don't think many Gmen fans have had much class lately.

Gmen fans..

I feel bad...I really do.

Eli played a heck of a game though.

where's kiwi? He talked so much scrap yesterday and not a peep after getting destroyed by CLEVELAND.

Sorry, other than Tom, I don't think many Gmen fans have had much class lately.

I'm curious. Do you consider yourself to be classy?

I'm curious. Do you consider yourself to be classy?

Kiwi sure as hell isn't. No Giants fan on this board really bothers me except him. I think he's on everybody's **** list.

Tough loss for the Giants though, I figured it was only a matter of time before that potent Browns offense kicked it into gear....except I thought it would be with Quinn at the helm. They should be a tough game for us next week at Fedex

Archived