Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scotty McGee from JMU

SKINchiefer

Is there any possibility of him falling in our laps?

View larger Courtesy: JMUSports.com

http://www.jmusports.com

Scotty McGee

# 19

Cornerback - CB

Height: 5-9 Weight: 180

Redshirt Junior

Previous Affiliations

Ocean Lakes

Hometown

Virginia Beach, Va.

Printable Page

Courtesy: JMUSports.com

Release: 02/13/2007

At JMU: Fourth-year Duke who is expected to play a key role at CB and as a kick returner... vocal leader who is a strong and physical player, loves the game and learns quickly from his mistakes, said CB coach Mark Hendricks... enters 2008 with JMU's best career kickoff return average (31.6 yards)... sixth in team history in kickoff return yards (886)... has two kickoff returns for TDs, one off Dwight Robinson's (1991-94) team career record... 12th in career kickoff returns (28).

2007: Limited by physical problems but played in eight games and took a CB starter's and key kick returner's roles by year's end... started vs. Towson and Appalachian State... had 18 tackles (15 solo, 2 for loss) and broke up four passes... averaged 30.3 yards on 18 kickoff returns but didn't play the NCAA minimum of games to be among the national leaders... his 100-yard KO return for a TD vs. Towson is the longest KO return in team history and his 154 KOR yards (6 attempts) at Appalachian State JMU's No. 7 game figure... his 545 KOR yards are No. 5 on JMU's season list and his 30.3-yard average JMU's No. 2 season mark, behind only his 34.1 of 2006... had a 66-yarder at William & Mary and a 48-yarder vs. New Hampshire... had three returns for 109 yards at William & Mary and four for 116 yards vs. New Hampshire... had a season-high six tackles (all solo, one for loss), and broke up four passes vs. Towson... had four stops (3 solo) vs. Coastal Carolina... blocked a conversion kick at Appalachian State.

2006: Started each game at CB as a redshirt freshman... had 45 tackles (26 solo), an interception and five pass deflections... had a season-high seven stops vs. Bloomsburg and Youngstown State (3 solo in each game)... had five tackles (2 solo) at Appalachian State and four vs. Rhode Island, William & Mary and Villanova... intercepted a pass vs. Northeastern... returned 10 kickoffs for 341 yards... had three returns for 157 yards, including a 99-yarder for a TD, at Youngstown State... the 157 yards are JMU's No. 5 game mark and best since 1998... his 34.1-yard kickoff return average is the best season for a Duke with 10 or more returns... his 99-yard return tied for the then-longest in team history and was its best since 1996.

High School: First-team all-district and all-region and second-team all-state as an Ocean Lakes senior... ran for 1,304 yards and 17 TDs... as a junior ran for 1,336 yards and 13 TDs and had a 240-yard game... all-district and second-team all-region as a junior.

Personal: Kinesiology major with a sports management concentration.

Did anyone just watch him run back that game winning punt return against richmond? wow. dude is an athlete.

There's a remote possibility he might get a look from someone in the seventh round or so but most likely he'll be UDFA. I'm sure he'll get a look from someone, dude is a return machine.

Im friends with scotty, im a freshman at JMU on the golf team but we see eachother alot at study hall and meetings, etc. He is very fast, i heard something like high 4.3's.

I dont know if he will be drafted, hes a great player but I dont know. But yeah, mayb undrafted free agent, that would be cool. Hes only a junior tho

I have seen him in person twice as I am a senior at ASU and made it up to harrisonburg on my way to the cards game this season.

McGee is a good return man, but that is all. He is a liability in coverage at CB.

both TD returns he has had this season were great blocking. Personally I say if he wants to sign as a UDFA then give him a shot, but don't waste a draft pick on this guy.

you all are bringing the fail in this thread.

dont make me have to google him myself. how tall? what position? can someone PLEASE throw me a bone

I knew I should have posted more information. I will update my first post.

WBQHUGABJCTMBKS.20080618191913.jpg <A HREF="http://www.jmusports.com//share/ViewPhoto.dbml?&ATCLPID=&ATCLID=795363&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=71031&SPID=8113&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=&DB_OEM_ID=14400&LOAD_IMAGE_ID=1147739&LOAD_IMAGE_SIZE=400"> Zoom.gif Courtesy: JMUSports.com

http://www.jmusports.com

hdr_biolarge.gif Scotty McGee # 19 Cornerback - CB Height: 5-9 Weight: 180 Redshirt Junior Previous Affiliations Ocean Lakes Hometown Virginia Beach, Va.

PrinterIcon.gif

Courtesy: JMUSports.com

Release: 02/13/2007 At JMU: Fourth-year Duke who is expected to play a key role at CB and as a kick returner... vocal leader who is a strong and physical player, loves the game and learns quickly from his mistakes, said CB coach Mark Hendricks... enters 2008 with JMU's best career kickoff return average (31.6 yards)... sixth in team history in kickoff return yards (886)... has two kickoff returns for TDs, one off Dwight Robinson's (1991-94) team career record... 12th in career kickoff returns (28).

2007: Limited by physical problems but played in eight games and took a CB starter's and key kick returner's roles by year's end... started vs. Towson and Appalachian State... had 18 tackles (15 solo, 2 for loss) and broke up four passes... averaged 30.3 yards on 18 kickoff returns but didn't play the NCAA minimum of games to be among the national leaders... his 100-yard KO return for a TD vs. Towson is the longest KO return in team history and his 154 KOR yards (6 attempts) at Appalachian State JMU's No. 7 game figure... his 545 KOR yards are No. 5 on JMU's season list and his 30.3-yard average JMU's No. 2 season mark, behind only his 34.1 of 2006... had a 66-yarder at William & Mary and a 48-yarder vs. New Hampshire... had three returns for 109 yards at William & Mary and four for 116 yards vs. New Hampshire... had a season-high six tackles (all solo, one for loss), and broke up four passes vs. Towson... had four stops (3 solo) vs. Coastal Carolina... blocked a conversion kick at Appalachian State.

2006: Started each game at CB as a redshirt freshman... had 45 tackles (26 solo), an interception and five pass deflections... had a season-high seven stops vs. Bloomsburg and Youngstown State (3 solo in each game)... had five tackles (2 solo) at Appalachian State and four vs. Rhode Island, William & Mary and Villanova... intercepted a pass vs. Northeastern... returned 10 kickoffs for 341 yards... had three returns for 157 yards, including a 99-yarder for a TD, at Youngstown State... the 157 yards are JMU's No. 5 game mark and best since 1998... his 34.1-yard kickoff return average is the best season for a Duke with 10 or more returns... his 99-yard return tied for the then-longest in team history and was its best since 1996.

High School: First-team all-district and all-region and second-team all-state as an Ocean Lakes senior... ran for 1,304 yards and 17 TDs... as a junior ran for 1,336 yards and 13 TDs and had a 240-yard game... all-district and second-team all-region as a junior.

Personal: Kinesiology major with a sports management concentration.

Mr McGee will be a starter every week at FedEx. Check him out at Section 425 severing you pizza's at the pappa johns line.

Uncalled for. I don't know the guy and he may be a bum for all I care, but unless you actually know the dude, I don't think it's smart to just judge like that. Plenty of athletes go on to lead decent lives and have decent jobs, whether doing something more "professional" or being an athletics trainer.

As for McGee, that return he made today was just awesome. It doesn't matter how good the blocking is, you still gotta have some skill to be a good returner. I'll take a lot of flack for this, but it's why I don't really think Rock is as great a return man as some people here make him out to be. It's just that the blocking is good enough for him to get at least to the 25 or 30 every time. What he does bring is a solid set of hands (knock on wood), and a strong heart and work ethic, which is always key.

Another thing though, McGee is doing this at the I-AA level. There are plenty of good return people in the I-A level that will never play in the pros either, and they play against better talent. But you never know, a person with a strong work ethic and heart may easily find a place, and with his speed, he could surprise.

I've seen the guy play live many times. Brings the excitement of Devin Hester or Reggie Bush when he's back deep waiting on a kick.

He is electric, hell of a return to win the game today for Madison.

You have to remember what level he's playing on though.

Then again, he broke a former JMU Duke's return record today.

You may have heard of him.

Gary Clark.

• 6 months later...
just say no to all jmu players

:doh: Really? Haley, Clark, Norwood? You would have passed on all of them? Ridiculous statement. Would you also be a proponent of passing on all Tech and UVA players as well? Something about the entire state of Virginia bother you? McGee will get a shot next year. The 4.31 40 he ran the other day would have only been bested by Heyward-Bey from this year's combine. He is likely no more than a nickel or dime back in the NFL, but his return skills and speed will get the league's attention. If Derek Cox jumps up to the third round based on his speed, Scotty will certainly get a look. Right now I'd project 6th-7th round based solely on his return man value. I'd take him in a heartbeat solely as a returner.

Kinda off topic but as long as we are talking JMU, does anyone know if the Dukes dual threat QB is getting any looks from the NFL, I had heard he was considered to be a project but with all the Wildcat being used I had hopes he would be given the opportunity somewhere after the amazing season he had this year for JMU.

Kinda off topic but as long as we are talking JMU, does anyone know if the Dukes dual threat QB is getting any looks from the NFL, I had heard he was considered to be a project but with all the Wildcat being used I had hopes he would be given the opportunity somewhere after the amazing season he had this year for JMU.

Rodney Landers is in Tampa Bay this weekend, invited to the Bucs' mini-camp there. He went there because the Bucs said he could try out as a quarterback, whereas other teams wanted him to line up at wide receiver or running back. Article in this thread.

Archived