Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winter Storm Warning

PCS

Yep. It's that time of the year again. Little early, but winter is letting us know that it's not that far away I guess. Would you believe the second one in the past week? Last weekend then this weekend.

ssued by The National Weather Service

Salt Lake City, UT

5:16 am MDT, Sat., Oct. 11, 2008

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MDT SUNDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MDT SUNDAY.

THIS WARNING IS FOR THE WASATCH MOUNTAINS NORTH OF I-80.

SNOWFALL TOTALS RANGING FROM 3 TO 6 INCHES IN THE BEAR RIVER VALLEY UP TO 8 TO 16 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS ARE EXPECTED FROM TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING. LOCAL AMOUNTS NEAR 2 FEET ARE POSSIBLE IN AREAS EAST OF THE GREAT SALT LAKE.

SNOWFALL WILL INCREASE ACROSS THESE MOUNTAIN AREAS THIS MORNING WITH THE SNOWFALL CONTINUING... HEAVY AT TIMES... THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON BEFORE TAPERING OFF.

So far this a.m., 2-3 inches where I live.

Octobersnow.jpg

Actually, this could make for some dramatic contrasts pics. Fall colors with the white stuff. May have to consider going out for a drive in the stuff to check that out. :) Also, this won't stick around except in the way higher elevations, so we'll be back to fall by Monday or so.

is this going to effect your work at all? hard to work construction in the ice, isnt it?

i honestly have no idea about that living in SD...

This won't go into Monday, so no for that reason. However, unless it is a raging blizzard, we'll work in the stuff for as long as possible. Work get's a little slower and obviously it will make things difficult, but well work in it many times.

After you get some more accumulation, post another pic. Please. :D

It's beginning to pile up a little here. I think I can arrange that.

75 and sunny here :D

Oh yeah? Well.....ummmmm.........

I got nuthin'. :silly:

Then again. If I make a game this season, I'll bring some with me. ;)

what is snow?

Depends on where you live. Most places, it's that cold, white precipitation stuff. In Miami, its...... ;)

I'm jealous. It rarely snows here. If we're lucky, everything will ice, but that's about as close to snow as we get most of the time.

Rarely and snows aren't used in the same sentence around here. Early maybe, but not rarely. :silly:

Still snowing btw.

PCS is this normal to get snow that early out there?

We do get snow out here in the higher elevations,(8000-8500 and above), as early as mid September on a semi regular basis. However, having two big storms come this way in consecutive weekends at this time of year is early for sure.

We do get snow out here in the higher elevations,(8000-8500 and above), as early as mid September on a semi regular basis. However, having two big storms come this way in consecutive weekends at this time of year is early for sure.

Must be global warming. :silly:

I grew up in the mountains in VA and never remember much snow before Thanksgiving. I do remember a blizzard in April one year though.

Must be global warming. :silly:

I grew up in the mountains in VA and never remember much snow before Thanksgiving. I do remember a blizzard in April one year though.

We get those April storms many times. Usually within a few days after the Resorts close. :)

Well, that is about that it seems. Snow stopped before sundown and a lot of it is melted already. Yet despite the fact that it seems to be clearing up, weather service is still saying there is more to come. Guess we'll see. Curent temp. 26 degrees.

We do tend to get more winter storm watches and warnings initially than anything else. However, there is are a fair number of times where the Winter Storm watches and warnings are changed/downgraded to heavy snow warnings. I seen them as basically levels of severity.

Archived