Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Ayers case is risky for McCain-Palin

ccsl2

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/07/martin.townhall/index.html

"Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., a Democrat from Chicago who serves as one of the national co-chairs for Obama, told me on The Tom Joyner Morning Show that if we are to use the association tag as evidence of a candidate being unfit for president, what about McCain serving and working alongside people with virulent bigoted pasts like Sens. Jesse Helms, Strom Thurmond and Robert Byrd?

Do we have evidence that these individuals committed specific acts against African-Americans during Jim Crow? No. But we do know that their hateful words, and willingness to uphold laws that were absolutely anti-American, did not represent the best of this nation.

Thurmond ran for president as a Dixiecrat in 1948 with a platform of maintaining segregation. Based on Helms' policies, he didn't see blacks as full Americans."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/07/martin.townhall/index.html

"Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., a Democrat from Chicago who serves as one of the national co-chairs for Obama, told me on The Tom Joyner Morning Show that if we are to use the association tag as evidence of a candidate being unfit for president, what about McCain serving and working alongside people with virulent bigoted pasts like Sens. Jesse Helms, Strom Thurmond and Robert Byrd?

Do we have evidence that these individuals committed specific acts against African-Americans during Jim Crow? No. But we do know that their hateful words, and willingness to uphold laws that were absolutely anti-American, did not represent the best of this nation.

Thurmond ran for president as a Dixiecrat in 1948 with a platform of maintaining segregation. Based on Helms' policies, he didn't see blacks as full Americans."

So basically, you are saying that McCain would open himself up to being attacked on the basis of being in the Senate?

Actually, that makes a lot of sense.

So basically, you are saying that McCain would open himself up to being attacked on the basis of being in the Senate?

I didn't say it, Roland Martin did. It just shows how silly this "guilt by association" crap McCain/Palin are pulling. I think that was pretty much the essence of the article. That and McCain now wanting to talk about the economy.

I didn't say it, Roland Martin did. It just shows how silly this "guilt by association" crap McCain/Palin are pulling. I think that was pretty much the essence of the article. That and McCain now wanting to talk about the economy.

Of the 4, the only one that ISNT in the Senate is Palin.

This comparison is stupid.

Just as stupid as as the "associations" between Obama and Ayers. I think that's the point.

It is the point, but its a stupid point.

Ok, so McCain says, you worked with Ayers, to which Obama replies, well you worked with Helms, Thurmond, and Byrd. Ok, well, McCain has no control over whom he works with in the Senate, AND Obama also worked with and is endorsed by Byrd, so that makes him a hypocrite.

It's like saying McCain and Nancy Pelosi are associates. I guess they are, but it's a stupid point.

McCain could not choose his co-workers.

He certainly chose to work with the other Keating four. Or was McCain the unwilling pinky amongst those five fingers?

Palin chose her crazy-talk church and church leader. Are there lots of witches in Alaska? Did she just have to join, or else risk being turned into a newt?

That carousel could spin forever. It's stupid for anyone to jump on, especially at this late date. It makes a candidate look desperate.

The mental image of somebody who's been in the US Senate for what, 30 years?, running on a platform of "outsider" or "maverick" has suddenly made me imagine a fake movie poster for "The 40 Year Old Political Virgin".

:)

The line of attack by McCain and Palin is stupid.

MOST people don't know who the hell Bill Ayers is or did. So far, when I have told people that Palin is accusing Obama of "Palling around with terrorists" they all roll there eyes and say "Huh? Is that the Muslim thing again?"

They you start saying 'No. He was this guy that supported bombing in the US in the 60's..." and they their eyes start glancing over.

The more she says it, the stupider she is looking.

Archived