Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCain linked to group in Iran-Contra affair and terrorism.

Baculus

Since the McCain campaign appear to be continually tie Obama and Ayers together, I think McCain's background needs to be examined as well.

It is known that a contributor and friend of McCain's, Carl H. Lindner Jr, has ties to Colombian death squads and a terrorist group, the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia. Mr. Lindner was indicated by the US government for helping to fund this organization and was ordered to pay a fine. (Who knows why he didn't spend time in jail...)

So, here we have a man that ACTIVELY supports a group that is on the US list of terror groups and has DIRECT connections to McCain.

And his campaign has the nerve to talk about Obama "palling" around with terrorists?

Then I read this article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_iran_contra_5;_ylt=AqQmf0X6NoY5CUUoCUVigUbBF4l4

A portion of the article:

"In the 1980s, McCain served on the advisory board to the U.S. chapter of an international group linked to ultra-right-wing death squads in Central America.

The U.S. Council for World Freedom aided rebels trying to overthrow the leftist government of Nicaragua. That landed the group in the middle of the Iran-Contra affair and in legal trouble with the Internal Revenue Service, which revoked the charitable organization's tax exemption.

The council created by retired Army Maj. Gen. John Singlaub was the U.S. chapter of the World Anti-Communist League, an international organization linked to former Nazi collaborators and ultra-right-wing death squads in Central America. After setting up the U.S. council, Singlaub served as the international league's chairman."

McCain actually SAT ON THE COUNCIL for this organization.

We have long known of American right-wing connection to terrorists. I became politically aware during the 80's and during the height of the Iran-Contra affair, and seeing right-wing hero Oliver North under investigation for his role in Iran-Contra (which funded former Somozas and terrorists, the Contras, as well as drug running). The Right likes to talk about "terrorists," while actively supporting their own brand of authoritarian terrorists.

I had said this before: It is a mistake for the McCain camp to keep mentioning Ayers, because McCain himself has skeletons in the closet that are lurking around.

I saw this too... not sure if it will really get picked up or not. Either way, I think this is about as significant as the Ayers story. Actually, exactly as significant: zero.

It will become significant the more that the McCain campaign, and especially Palin, become more shrill on the subject of Ayers.

I DO think, in a general sense, it is significant, because many Americans oppose US connections, especially private ones, such as American companies, to right-wing death squads.

Well, I don't know how to address this other than so?

Bush sr was linked to Iran Contra directly and nobody cared.

Their grandfather supported the Nazis until the US government shut him down.

Bush jr has ties to the same banks that fund AQ and the Taliban.

Yet this family is talked about well and we may even see Jeb run eventually.

Nobody cares about the morals of a candidate, nor the person they are.

Hell, nobody even cares if their policies make any sense if the feel good.

Lets just go back to being all wrapped up in the warm swirling rhetoric, shall we?

one man was in a group was set up to fight communism and the other was bombing America

Which one is worse?

The one who sold drugs and guns to poor Americans so they could kill each other and the CIA could fund a secret war that would be the precursor to where we are now?

It's okay though, it's bipartisan. Clinton helped too.

Well, I don't know how to address this other than so?

Bush sr was linked to Iran Contra directly and nobody cared.

Their grandfather supported the Nazis until the US government shut him down.

Bush jr has ties to the same banks that fund AQ and the Taliban.

Yet this family is talked about well and we may even see Jeb run eventually.

Nobody cares about the morals of a candidate, nor the person they are.

Hell, nobody even cares if their policies make any sense if the feel good.

Lets just go back to being all wrapped up in the warm swirling rhetoric, shall we?

I cared two decades ago, and I care now. I certainly wish more people DID care, though; it is sad that a lot of folks don't seem to really mind that our president's grandfather had ties to the Nazis. Or that his father may have had direct ties to the CIA and DEA bringing literally tons of cocaine into this nation.

There are a fair number of Americans that care: just not enough.

I cared two decades ago, and I care now. I certainly wish more people DID care, though; it is sad that a lot of folks don't seem to really mind that our president's grandfather had ties to the Nazis. Or that his father may have had direct ties to the CIA and DEA bringing literally tons of cocaine into this nation.

There are a fair number of Americans that care: just not enough.

True, but most are nuts.

The one who sold drugs and guns to poor Americans so they could kill each other and the CIA could fund a secret war that would be the precursor to where we are now?

It's okay though, it's bipartisan. Clinton helped too.

It is funny the wars now are a result of previous American "hands off" involvement, I have to think if the us pulled out before the issued was resolved this time in 10-20 years this could all be happening again

one man was in a group was set up to fight communism and the other was bombing America

Which one is worse?

1. It has been examine over and over again that the ties between Obama and Ayers is tenuous, at best.

2. Compared to that, McCain sat on a board that was connected to DEATH SQUADS and had a contributor that had DIRECT ties to an organization that is on the American list of terror groups.

And you think the "tenuous" ties are worse? Are you kidding me?!

You are exact sort of person that I was discussing in my last post. You don't CARE if your side has direct ties to terrorism, or if the president that you support has family ties to Nazis. But you go ape-crazy for the "Ayers-Obama" ties, while having no problems with the Right supporting supposed "anti-Communist" groups, who are, in fact, terrorists.

Reagan support the Contras, who were made up of former members of the previously ruling dictatorship. The Contras were cocaine dealing thugs, but they were portrayed as "fighting the Commies." Meanwhile, the Christic Institute had example after example of the Contras killing and terrorizing the civilian population, but the Contra's supporters didn't care because they were supposedly "anti-communist."

"Anti-Communist" groups are commonly linked to death squads - that is the entire problem with the Right's support of such groups.

Leftist and Rightist violence is the same: terror is terror.

It will become significant the more that the McCain campaign, and especially Palin, become more shrill on the subject of Ayers.

I DO think, in a general sense, it is significant, because many Americans oppose US connections, especially private ones, such as American companies, to right-wing death squads.

Well, I suppose its significant if McCain keeps making Ayers an issue... and then, its only significant in showing hypocrisy.

It is my understanding that he is referring to these people as "conspiracy theorists" Which is absurd.

I agree, that would be absurd. Especially since I believe he supported Ron Paul, who are one of those "nuts," and ESPECIALLY since much of this topic is verifiable and not mere conspiracy "theory."

The only conspiracies are those who conspired to support certain organizations and their actions. Case in point, the CIA and Contra cocaine connection that have been verified by those who were actually there, such as Celerino Castillo, former cop, decorated soldier and former DEA agent, who discusses this subject in his book, "Powder Burns," and actually testified in front of Congress.

I admit, though, it does make one feel crazy when you see the complete apathy on the part of his fellow citizens.

1. It has been examine over and over again that the ties between Obama and Ayers is tenuous, at best.

2. Compared to that, McCain sat on a board that was connected to DEATH SQUADS and had a contributor that had DIRECT ties to an organization that is on the American list of terror groups.

And you think the "tenuous" ties are worse? Are you kidding me?!

You are exact sort of person that I was discussing in my last post. You don't CARE if your side has direct ties to terrorism, or if the president that you support has family ties to Nazis. But you go ape-crazy for the "Ayers-Obama" ties, while having no problems with the Right supporting supposed "anti-Communist" groups, who are, in fact, terrorists.

Reagan support the Contras, who were made up of former members of the previously ruling dictatorship. The Contras were cocaine dealing thugs, but they were portrayed as "fighting the Commies." Meanwhile, the Christic Institute had example after example of the Contras killing and terrorizing the civilian population, but the Contra's supporters didn't care because they were supposedly "anti-communist."

"Anti-Communist" groups are commonly linked to death squads - that is the entire problem with the Right's support of such groups.

Leftist and Rightist violence is the same: terror is terror.

"tenuous" is what he trying to say, trying more and more to seperate himself, like he when he said that the rascist American hating Wright's caught on tape was not the Wright he knew.

I agree, that would be absurd. Especially since I believe he supported Ron Paul, who are one of those "nuts," and ESPECIALLY since much of this topic is verifiable and not mere conspiracy "theory."

Still support Paul and he is not a truther, just realistic.

Interesting ACORN just raided in Nevada

Nevada state authorities seized records and computers Tuesday from the Las Vegas office of an organization that tries to get low-income people registered to vote, after fielding complaints of voter fraud.

Bob Walsh, spokesman for the Nevada secretary of state's office, told FOXNews.com the raid was prompted by ongoing complaints about "erroneous" registration information being submitted by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, also called ACORN.

The group was submitting the information through a voter sign-up drive known as Project Vote.

"Some of them used nonexistent names, some of them used false addresses and some of them were duplicates of previously filed applications," Walsh said, describing the complaints, which largely came from the registrar in Clark County, Nev.

Secretary of State Ross Miller said the fraudulent registrations included forms for the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football team.

"Tony Romo sits to pee is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot on Nov. 4," Miller said.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/07/acorn-vegas-office-raided-voter-fraud-investigation/

The real nuts, IMO, are the people who look at all this and go "so what?" Or Big deal.... that's the point, it is a big deal, and you SHOULD care. REGARDLESS of what side of the political spectrum you are one, or what your religious beliefs are.

Archived