Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regarding the next 3 games......Will the Skins establish themselves?

NoCalMike

There is nothing more exciting then beating NFC East teams. The emotional high is very big. To do it on the road is even better. Not to mention when these teams are pretty damn solid teams themselves.

I never want to overlook and/or look past an opponent because their record is not very good, but lets face it people, the Rams, Browns, & Lions are awful football teams this season. Unless we take some type of catastrophic injuries in the next few weeks, there is no excuse to lose to any of these three teams.

I am not afraid of what people call a "trap game" happening, I am more afraid of our team playing down to the competition.

Our team is not used to the praise, the glory they are getting from the media. I am pretty sure they can handle it but I also know that one thing that has plagued our team the past few years has been not being able to take out inferior teams.

Wins against Philly & Dallas are great, but they need to be followed up by wins against teams like the Lions & Browns. There is no room for error in the NFC East, and to make the playoffs this year it is going to be very important to beat the teams they should.

Quite frankly, the Skins should not merely be beating the next three opponents, they should be putting them away and establishing themselves as a team to be reckoned with.

I never doubted that they could play their division foes tough because in the NFC East, the Skins do that whether they are a good team or a bad team.

IMO, what they need to prove now is that they are not going to come up with an egg against poor teams. They aren't going to show mercy on the weaker teams.

I want to see them go out and do stuff that the Cowboys & Giants & Eagles do to the weaker teams. I want them to establish themselves as a team to fear.

I echo your sentiments... We should not take the next three games lightly or for granted. We need to be intensely focused, and win with great convictions.

Time of further open the offense, and be more creative on defense with Jason Taylor ... putting pressure on the opponents QBs.

We will need all of this positive experience when we play the Steelers.

I'd like to take a look at the next five games, since four of them are at home:

St. Louis

Cleveland

@Detroit

Pittsburgh

Dallas

IMO, winning all five will be difficult, but certainly not out of the realm of possibility given the way this team has been playing

I see winning four out of these five as the most likely scenario right now.

Going 3-2 (or worse) would be disappointing to me, at least given how these opponents are playing right now and what good teams usually do.....by that I mean beating the first three and at lesat taking one of the two against Pitt or Dallas

Think about this:

Even if we only win three of the games, we'll be 7-3. And if we take four, 8-2. Five, 9-1.

Damn, how long has it been since we've been in THAT position?

The next three games are not games that should come down to the final drive. They should not come down to an epic stand on defense made.

This team should be able to enforce it's will against these guys. We should expect similar results as to when we played Detroit last time.

Sigh. I don't care about 2 weeks from now. I'm only worried about the Rams. And I'm worried about the Rams. These 'Skins are not (yet) the 'Skins of the 1980's that knew how to put away teams they were supposed to beat. They have to prove that.

One game at a time. KC beat Denver. Miami beat New England AND San Diego.

All these guys get game checks. The Rams have some great players: Holt, Jackson, Bulger, etc. We should be able to move the ball against them, but anybody thinking this is going to be a cake walk is fooling themselves.

btw, Joe Gibbs approves this message.

It's in my hopes and hopefully the crystal ball that we win these games. Im not saying we ain't but an old addage i remember goes like this "on any given sunday anything can happen." 4-1 is better than anyone expected but let's continue to show why we shouldn't be taken lightly.

The hardest game of these next three will be this weekend against the Rams. Of course it comes to mind that "oh the Rams are 0-4, this is in the bag", but is it really? Unfortunately the Skins are famous for looking great against tough opponents and getting real sloppy against the easy ones. I'm praying Zorn keeps on top of our boys so that they put out the same effort and methodical play-style to execute another sure win.

I'm sure that after we win the next game at home we'll be fine, but with most sports writers already writing us to be at 7-1 by the time we play Pittsburgh, it may be easier to get ahead of ourselves than we think. I have faith in our boys, I know they will be pumped coming back home from 2 tough wins and all the fans at Fed-Ex field (myself included) will be welcoming our boys in style.

Dallas and Philly are huge no doubt, but the next 3 games truly decide what type of team we are.

Great teams win the games they're supposed to win. We've had several years were we have a big wins only to fall against a weaker team the next week.

I believe this team is different. I'm not saying we might not slip up somewhere down the road but as far as this week....no way in my opinion. I think will have a close game against the browns or the lions, but the rams are going to get unloaded on.

The crowd is gonna be crazy and I think with the way this team is playing ( especially the O line and Portis) and we are in for a big show.

:2cents:

Sigh. I don't care about 2 weeks from now. I'm only worried about the Rams. And I'm worried about the Rams. These 'Skins are not (yet) the 'Skins of the 1980's that knew how to put away teams they were supposed to beat. They have to prove that.

One game at a time. KC beat Denver. Miami beat New England AND San Diego.

All these guys get game checks. The Rams have some great players: Holt, Jackson, Bulger, etc. We should be able to move the ball against them, but anybody thinking this is going to be a cake walk is fooling themselves.

btw, Joe Gibbs approves this message.

I agree that it would be nice to demolish these next three opponents, but this isn't 1991 where that team just pile drived their inferior opponents. Even the teams in the 80's slipped up against weak teams. The 83' and 87' Super Bowl teams won games by field goals or late game come backs almost all season.So I really font care how we win just as long as we win.

just me but if your talking 3 games then you are looking two far ahead even though you are just talking in general of the future games the only one that should be disscused is next weeks witch is the rams this week who scare me cause its hard to game plan for a new coach you have no clue what his tendancys will be you have no pre season tape nothing nada.

Well here is a my main point.

You look at the Cowboys, and they played pretty crappy against the Bengals, they made crucial mistakes at horrible times in the game, but they found a way to win.

Same with the Giants when they played the Bengals.

The Bengals COULD HAVE beaten both the Giants and Cowboys on the road, in their own houses, but because the Giants & Cowboys are who they are, they found ways to overcome poorly played games and won the game in the end.

This is what I am hoping the Redskins can do. No turnovers on offense is nice, but it is only a matter of time before it happens probability-wise. If this team wants to be considered one of the best in the league, they will be able to overcome a mistake or two against inferior teams and still win.

The mistakes against the Giants were too much to overcome because the Giants are a great team. A mistake against the Rams, Browns, Lions should not prevent us from winning.

Archived