Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Identify this sound

Zguy28

I'd be very surprised if that was not a MK-19 impacting. Whatever it is, it's a high explosive charge of some sort.

Edit: alright, now that I've listened to it a few more times, it could also be a battery of artillery firing a 5-round salvo. You'd have to find a real sharp gun bunny to tell you exactly what type of weapon made that sound by the sound alone, though.

You trying to figure out what your neighbor was shooting at you last night? :D

I'd be very surprised if that was not a MK-19 impacting. Whatever it is, it's a high explosive charge of some sort.

Edit: alright, now that I've listened to it a few more times, it could also be a battery of artillery firing a 5-round salvo. You'd have to find a real sharp gun bunny to tell you exactly what type of weapon made that sound by the sound alone, though.

You trying to figure out what your neighbor was shooting at you last night? :D

My coworker and I were trying to figure it out. At first I thought it might be some kind of artillery or howitzers, but then thought maybe it was some kind of large rifle or something.

BUt now that somebody mentioned the MK19 I think that's correct. You can hear it in the distance impacting in this video:

Archived