Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

transferring skins games from dvr to pc

squatch66

There used to be a usb device called snapper, zipper or something like that.. with it you could record any TV show to your pc. They sell them down at Best Buy. If you buy one, about $50, you could then play back the game on the dvr and record the play back on your PC.

Other than that you would need a usb device port on your DVR or something other than you TV hook up.

I have a similar issue with my Comcast DVR (Scientific Atlanta model).

I have several programs that have been on there taking up space for a long time, but I don't know how to get them onto my PC. Perhaps the file format is proprietary to Comcast and it's not possible? Anyway, I know that I can burn the programs onto a DVD recorder, but I really want to avoid having to buy a recorder and go through the hassle of playing through entire programs to burn them.

Get a HAVA box.

http://www.myhava.com/product_hava_platinum_hd.html

I've been pulling highlights from the Sunday Ticket Shortcuts and 360/PS3 footage with this. If you want to pay a little more, I think the top of the line model has HDMI output for a better HD signal. It's not a matter of grabbing the video file from the DVR, it's more like a VCR where you have to record the footage while it's playing on the box but it's inexpensive and does the trick. Make sure you have a large HD on your PC.

EDIT#2: It is a bit pricier than the Snapper but it has uses that justify the higher pricetag. Read the link for more info.

I have a Motorola 6412 (I think that's the model #) from Comcast. Using the Firewire port on the back, you can record shows off live TV, even the DVR, HD or SD. Basically, you stream the data from your box and record it using a program on your comp. I thought I could just copy the data off the DVR as I would with an external hard drive, but it doesn't work that way.

If anyone is interested, I can find the site that gave me the directions to get it all working.

• 3 months later...
I have a Motorola 6412 (I think that's the model #) from Comcast. Using the Firewire port on the back, you can record shows off live TV, even the DVR, HD or SD. Basically, you stream the data from your box and record it using a program on your comp. I thought I could just copy the data off the DVR as I would with an external hard drive, but it doesn't work that way.

If anyone is interested, I can find the site that gave me the directions to get it all working.

I am interested sir.

the box has a usb port on the front of it so im going to try to get a cable and hook it up to the computer and see what happens.

Sorry to burst your bubble but most cable companies DISABLE the USB ports on DVR boxes, i have a comcast dvr and wanted to transfer stuff from my HD box to my computer and called comcast, thats when they informed me the usb ports were disabled.

Never seen any info on this and since im in the same town as you, i would LOVE that info lol I searched and searched and searched online for that stuff, but my USB and firewire ports are disabled according to comcast. I have th 6412 as well but mine says 6412 III

Archived