Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

??Laci Peterson and Baby Found??

Tarhog

Hope its not true, but sounds pretty ominous.

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/5632737.htm

Posted on Mon, Apr. 14, 2003

Body found, may be Laci Peterson

By Brian Anderson and Karl Fischer

CONTRA COSTA TIMES

POINT ISABEL - The dismembered body of a woman discovered this morning on the muddy bayshore could be that of Laci Denise Peterson, the pregnant woman who vanished from her Modesto home on Christmas Eve, a police source told the Times.

A tip from a citizen led police to the petite female body about 11:45 a.m., the source said on condition of anonymity. The head and legs were missing and it was apparent that she had been pregnant, the source said.

The body was clothed in maternity wear, the official said.

Police have not made a positive identification, but are pursuing the Peterson angle, the source said.

"We don't know for sure," the source said.

On Sunday, a tip led Richmond police to the body of a baby that had washed ashore near the Richmond marina. The body was discovered about 4:45 p.m. near Seabreeze Drive, police said.

The woman's torso was found less than two miles away from where dog walkers came across the body of a baby with its umbilical cord still attached. The body, found in the grass near the water, was badly decomposed.

The coroner's office said the newborn was a full-term baby boy.

Peterson, 26, was last seen alive about 9:30 a.m. Dec. 24 when her husband Scott Peterson left to go fishing in the Bay Area. He told police he tried to call his wife when he was done, but could not reach her.

He called police after returning home to find only the family dog with its leash still attached. Searches of a park near their home turned up no clues after Scott Peterson told police that was where his wife planned to take the family dog for a walk.

Police initially treated the disappearance as a missing persons case, but detectives reclassified the case as a homicide investigation in early March.

Investigators have repeatedly said they had no suspects, but Modesto police have searched Scott Peterson's home and vehicles and seized two family computers.

Suspicion among Modesto residents has focused on Scott Peterson, especially after he admitted having an affair with a Fresno massage therapist, Amber Frey. Laci Peterson's family disavowed support of her husband after the affair was revealed.

The investigation has ranged from the parks and canals of Modesto to the San Francisco Bay. Police searched the bay from the Berkeley Marina to Richmond and Angel Island, returning to Richmond last month to search the water with sonar and a remote-control underwater vehicle.

Last month, police searched the area where the baby's body washed ashore on Sunday. Authorities used sonar to comb the bottom of the bay, but failed to locate anything at that time.

Peterson said he had fished around nearby Brooks Island the day his wife disappeared, Modesto police have said. They searched the island, but found nothing relating to the investigation, they said.

Interesting and sad, but at this point I held out no hope for her or her baby.

Here's a link depicting the relevant locations on a map. The star shows Seabreeze Drive, near where the article says her body was discovered. Brooks Island, where he was fishing, is unlabeled but is in the left-center of the map. As you can see, the distance is not far.

I'll also try to attach the image of the map.

Another interesting observation

Originally posted by Tarhog

The head and legs were missing and it was apparent that she had been pregnant, the source said.

According to the official Laci Peterson website, www.lacipetersen.com, she had a sunflower tatoo on one ankle. That would explain the removal of the legs, which is a bit bizarre.

I wish I could remember where a particular news article appeared containing an interview with a psychic talking about this case.

The female psychic said Peterson's body was in the water nearby having been dumped there by her husband after he bludgeoned her to death while they were boating.

Originally posted by tex

The female psychic said Peterson's body was in the water nearby having been dumped there by her husband after he bludgeoned her to death while they were boating.

Just as I would have guessed. :rolleyes:

If they were very brave they'd say that she was killed in a wood chipper in Boise.

I love how these clowns make their predictions, and then aren't around when they are proven wrong.

I think he killed her at home. He's not stupid. He's got to know they don't need a tatoo or dental pattern to ID her. This ain't 1955. All they need is tissue. If this is her, which seems pretty likely, he most likely dismembered her for purely practical reasons, like being able to get her body out of the house. Gruesome stuff I know.

Gotta love those psychics..all of America knows the husband claims he was fishing.....I sense she's near a body of water....Wow, dazzle me!

Psychic: "I see Laci. It's her spirit.....floating around....guiding me to where she is....crying out for justice....she seems to be saying that she is located....on the third planet in our solar system....yes....SHE'S ON EARTH!!! She's On Earth!!!! Wait, wait, is she on Earth??? Yes, yes. And she can be found, she can be found in....NORTH AMERICA, wait....or the Pacific!!!!

F'ing idiot. Can't stand the charlatans. It's one thing to think you're a psychic, quite another to try to profit from it, and seek publicity as well.

And as for that muther-f'er husband. If it is her. And he is found to have done it, definitively, they should allow the family to torture his arse to death. He's such a nasty beast, and a moron to boot. He couldn't have acted any more suspicious if he'd tried. What success is that my family and I were with 15-30 miles of her. I know it's b.s., but when something like this happens, and it's really near where you live, do you ever wish you'd been there, and been able to stop it? I see that poor woman, and know that she was only a relatively short drive away. If only I or some other bystander could have known and acted in time, particularly if it took place outside. Damn it. Just pi$$es me off, murder is bad enough, but a freaking pregnant woman???

Originally posted by NavyDave

Does the peoples republic of Cali have the Death penalty?

Yes, we have a nicely appointed death chamber with a comfortable bed where the condemned can lie peacefully while being administered a lethal injection (presumably without the inconvenience of having his head and legs removed from his body).

No fate is bad enough for this *******.

Originally posted by NavyDave

Does the peoples republic of Cali have the Death penalty?

If not then if it is found that he did it (duh) then why waste the prison space when 2 bullets to the body one to the head is more efficient

Well its a good thing he wont be tried in Maryland, only 3 executions since 1976 (if I am reading this link right - http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=8&did=186) :rolleyes:

Not that Cali is any better. :D

It's too bad we aren't more ruthless with these swine, isn't it? Capitol Punishment has become actually user friendly, it's ridiculous. If it's her, and he did it, then a nice clean death is most certainly not enough for this p.o.s. We should ship him off to Iraq, and re-set up one of those Torture Chamber rooms just for him. Or do that old fashioned Apache Honey-Fire Ant Torture we all hear so much about.

please remember innicent until proven guilty, she was 8 months pregnant when she dissappeared and the baby found was full term. My wife just had a child and she was 34 weeks(8.5) months, and the baby was not considered full-term, but a premie. it may just be a simple mistake by the coroner's office or who ever evaluated the baby, but if it is Lacy and the baby, they were killed a few weeks after she dissappeared(according to the full-term statement), from what i've been told a full-term pregnency is 38-40 weeks. just an observation.

Archived