Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is wrong with Al Saunders offense?

JoeGibbsRypenGClark91

He has made the Rams offense much worse. They have talent too. Today Bulger said its hard to understand and they don't have an identity.

Was Saunders ever qualified to be an OC anywhere?The Rams offense looked indentical to the redskins the past 2 years. A lot not nothing. 13 points or less every game since the pre season.

Why did the Redskins hire a guy who can't teach his system? Zorns offense was taught in one offseason. Saunders has never even won 1 playoff game as OC i believe.

Saunders coached wth the Jets? Wow i thought only the Chargers and Cheifs . I know he was WR coach with the Rams and did nothing.

Thank GOD FOR ZORN. A real OC

No, talking about the Head Coach, Herman Edwards. He's just not that good of a coach.

It's hard to make an already bad coach look bad.

Was Saunders ever qualified to be an OC anywhere?.

Do you mean other than having the #1 offense in the league the last 4 years he was in Kansas City? I still contend that Saunders could have been successful here if Gibbs hadn't put handcuffs on him, which also handcuffed JC IMO. It is a very difficult offense to grasp but that doesn't mean it won't be great in the long run. And before we get all holier-than-thou about Zorn it was just two weeks ago that this board was calling for Jason Campbell to be benched and seriously questioning the hiring of Zorn. Give Saunders time and let him run his offense and he'll do fine IMO.

Do you mean other than having the #1 offense in the league the last 4 years he was in Kansas City? I still contend that Saunders could have been successful here if Gibbs hadn't put handcuffs on him, which also handcuffed JC IMO. It is a very difficult offense to grasp but that doesn't mean it won't be great in the long run. And before we get all holier-than-thou about Zorn it was just two weeks ago that this board was calling for Jason Campbell to be benched and seriously questioning the hiring of Zorn. Give Saunders time and let him run his offense and he'll do fine IMO.

Agreed. You saw how well it worked last year in our drive to the playoffs...:applause:

Who cares if the Cheifs had the number 1 offense if it takes years to learn the offense and it waste seasons. While the Cheifs never won a playoff game.

Gibbs was clueless for bringing him to the redskins. It wasted 2 years when the team was not rebuilding.

Who cares if the Cheifs had the number 1 offense if it takes years to learn the offense and it waste seasons. While the Cheifs never won a playoff game.

Gibbs was clueless for bringing him to the redskins. It wasted 2 years when the team was not rebuilding.

No, Gibbs was stubborn, not clueless. He should have let Saunders operate his offense with the QB that he knew could run it from the get go.

Think about it, if we had started Collins 2 years ago where would that offense be right now? JC would have 2 years of learning and possibly playing in that same system.

Saunders offense works and it will show by mid season. Edwards is lucky to have him and in the end, will make him look like a genius.

I think a lot of it has to do with all the pre-snap motion. Sometimes it screws up the offense more than it confuses the defense. The QB can't read the defense as well because of all the moving around.

I think it would work better if they motioned less. When you motion every time, defenses know it's coming and can wait for the motion before they set up.

No, Gibbs was stubborn, not clueless. He should have let Saunders operate his offense with the QB that he knew could run it from the get go.

Think about it, if we had started Collins 2 years ago where would that offense be right now? JC would have 2 years of learning and possibly playing in that same system.

Saunders offense works and it will show by mid season. Edwards is lucky to have him and in the end, will make him look like a genius.

Who cares if the Rams start operating by the 9th game when they are 2-7.

The season is over. And Bulger and Stephen Jackson are a year older.

Any system that that takes years to learn is a dumb system for a veteran team. Espically with player turnover in the NFL.

You have Bulger, Holt and Jackson. A top 4 WR, top 4 running back and a top 8 QB and you are averaging 10 ppg and players complaining about not understanding the system and you think this is fine?

You don't stay young forever. Thats 1 year of their career wasted.

How come Martz system works faster than Saunders?

Archived