Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is wrong with Al Saunders offense?

JoeGibbsRypenGClark91

You know what I figured it out? Al Sunders wasn't the guy that made the Rams and the Chiefs high powered offenses. It was Dick Vermiel that designed that 700 page playbook. Both times that system was successful was when Saunders was with Vermiel. SO I believe that Saunders isn't as good as he is being portrayed.

It's funny how that offensive line didn't become great until Saunders got there and self-destructed immediately after he left. Sorry but Al Saunders was not the problem with our offense. If he had been left alone we would have been in much better shape last year. If you guys can't tell the difference in the playcalling from Kansas City the last year with Saunders and the Skins last year I feel badly for you. The sad part is that the playcalling from Zorn the last couple of weeks seems like such a revelation only because Gibbs' calls when he was here were so unbelievable conservative and scared that Zorn seems like a daredevil when, in fact, he is just like every other competent OC in football. He lets his players make plays and they respond with confident play.

I should add that I consider Joe Gibbs a near-deity and that I think we are in much, much better shape because he came back on board. I just wish he had brought his balls.

You argument does not fly anymore. Gibbs is no where near ST Louis. This is a year to year league.

Archived