Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WHERE IS THE 12th MAN?????

TheShredder

I'll be in sec 420 this week making noise. Broken foot and all. Last week was an embarrassment. Only at the end did people make noise on defense. People don't seem to realize that when things are going badly is exactly when we need to get loud. There is a guy in section 404 who comes to a couple games every year and READS during the entire game. His book had a dragon on it this time.:(.

I've got season tickets in section 404, I saw that guy he was wearing a pink shirt right?

My jaw dropped when I saw that.

My voice is almost back to normal from last Sunday.

I stood every second of last week and yelled whenever we weren't on offense. I've been waiting my entire life to have season tickets and now that I have 'em, I won't sit down and stop yelling for a second.

Our section was rocking last week.

My voice was gone for days too. It should be back to 100% tomorrow, just in time to lose it again ;)

I've got season tickets in section 404, I saw that guy he was wearing a pink shirt right?

My jaw dropped when I saw that.

I don't remember what he was wearing, but I know he was also at the Eagles game last year. The sad part is that so many people, although not reading, weren't making any more noise than he was.

The last few years, I did fire up threads and introduced the "Sore Throat Crew" for our 12th Man attending the games.

You may have saw it, you may not have.....I'd say search for it, but our search function on every level is down and when you google it you only find a few of the threads.

I'd be willing to start them up again b/c a few of us enjoyed it, but frankly the attitude on this site (dedicated to bashing everything and stewing in our own misery and how terrible every element of our team is) has made me think otherwise.....

If you want to see me start it up again, let me know; and Shredder if you'd rather do it and need some help or support-let me know.

The last few years, I did fire up threads and introduced the "Sore Throat Crew" for our 12th Man attending the games.

You may have saw it, you may not have.....I'd say search for it, but our search function on every level is down and when you google it you only find a few of the threads.

I'd be willing to start them up again b/c a few of us enjoyed it, but frankly the attitude on this site (dedicated to bashing everything and stewing in our own misery and how terrible every element of our team is) has made me think otherwise.....

If you want to see me start it up again, let me know; and Shredder if you'd rather do it and need some help or support-let me know.

Too many posters now like to bash the PUMP THEM UP threads....no matter what the title. Some posters look for reasons to bash the thread, the OP and whatever else. I love the PUMP EM THREADS as long as posters don't spam them and use them only to increase post count.

See this is what I don't get about you people. If someone is paying good money to watch the game, why should he or she feel obligated to stand up and scream their lungs out? I mean don't get me wrong, I am always really loud and get fired up during the game, but to call out other fans for how they chose to watch the game is ridiculous. If I just wanted to sit in my seat and enjoy a live game, I should be allowed to without someone getting in my face to stand up and scream. If someone got in my face for not standing up, I would probably punch them in the mouth.

A good example is an older gentleman who has had season tickets for like 50 years. I was sitting next to him last week and he was very quite, just had his binoculars and enjoying watching his team. I think if one of you idiot fans came into our section and got on his case for not standing up and what not, rather he or I would have knocked you out. Just 'cause someone isn't standing up acting like an idiot doesn't mean he isn't a true fan. Give me a break.

Most people fought that brutal heat last week and still made it to the game, whereas conventional wisdom will tell you to keep your arse home on day like that. I was fortunate enough to have seats under the club seats overhang but truth be told, I would have lost my mind if I was exposed to that sun.

I applaud those that stuck it out and screamed their lungs out last week. I think the energy will be even greater this week. My friends and I are ready!!!!!

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!

As Walking Deadman can attest - I was sickened by the amount of empty seats last week. It was our first home game of the season and of Zorn's career and the stadium was MAYBE 3/4 filled. Horrible. Stuff like that makes me wonder why people on this board get upset when other people don't consider us one of the best fanbases in the league. Hell, the ****ing Cardinals are selling out games AND filling their stadium yet we can't do the same. :doh:

Granted, the heat did play a role IN THIS GAME. But honestly since I've owned season tickets in 2004 this is common.....it's ashamed.

I will say that those who attended made an effort that panned out right at the end.

I didn't get my voice back until Wednesday BTW.

See this is what I don't get about you people. If someone is paying good money to watch the game, why should he or she feel obligated to stand up and scream their lungs out? I mean don't get me wrong, I am always really loud and get fired up during the game, but to call out other fans for how they chose to watch the game is ridiculous. If I just wanted to sit in my seat and enjoy a live game, I should be allowed to without someone getting in my face to stand up and scream. If someone got in my face for not standing up, I would probably punch them in the mouth.

A good example is an older gentleman who has had season tickets for like 50 years. I was sitting next to him last week and he was very quite, just had his binoculars and enjoying watching his team. I think if one of you idiot fans came into our section and got on his case for not standing up and what not, rather he or I would have knocked you out. Just 'cause someone isn't standing up acting like an idiot doesn't mean he isn't a true fan. Give me a break.

Well then you need impulse control...

Does that mean standing up on 3rd downs and yelling makes you look like an idiot? Nobody said you had to be drunk. They are saying the stadium could be alot louder.

Too many posters now like to bash the PUMP THEM UP threads....no matter what the title. Some posters look for reasons to bash the thread, the OP and whatever else. I love the PUMP EM THREADS as long as posters don't spam them and use them only to increase post count.

There was one poster in particular that did it b/c he thought it was stupid to encourage the fans to get loud and have an ES pep rally.....but he joined in on the fun as well despite his objections.

But I really don't want to do the "pump them up" threads when I guarantee there will be posters who will change the subject either to a) Bash the team

B) Bash Snyder (despite there's only a thousand threads on here already dedicated to that goal) or attack myself or others for being a Redskins fan.

That's why I stopped and I never used the thread to up post counts.....if anything it was a roll call for those who were attending and wanted some extra solidarity as we get ready to go to the game and GET LOUD!

If someone got in my face for not standing up, I would probably punch them in the mouth.

I don't get in anybody's face nor do I harass other fans to get loud......and I would hope that others would respect the fact that I am trying to give our team a home field advantage as I respect their desire to not get loud. I try to lead by example and if an older ticket holder wants to sit there and watch, fine. But I will ***** about it on the board, especially when people like to claim about how great fans we are and how loud FedEx is. I used to think we had the best fans in the NFL and I now know we're not even close.

As for you punching people.....I hope you're just typing with some bravado b/c if you're going to punch folks who are motioning the fans to get up and be loud, violence really isn't the answer and should be the last resort. If people are harassing you, get an usher.

I don't really see myself as getting to do what I want just because I paid for the ticket. I think about all the years I waited to get my tickets and the people who would like to attend the game but can't and I cheer because I feel like I owe it to them to cheer as loudly as I can. I'm not asking for the man you are talking about to jump up and down and cheer like a teenager, but I think he should cheer to the best of his ability.

Man I was making mad noise in the section I was in at the Saints game..I could see others appreciated it and joined in. Was a lot of fun. My ears were ringing in the cave when we were giving them hell. It wasn't as packed as I thought it would be for the home opener though. I recorded the game as well to listen for how loud it came across on the telecast. Seemed decent..but obviously not midseason or play offs form.

and why does one have to be "acting like an idiot" because they are ...get this..AT A FOOTBALL GAME, trying to make noise and help out the Defense. or Cheer a good play. geeze. I see nothing wrong with encouraging others to get into it..but if they choose not to it should be left at that...but I do agree that folks should attend or view the game in the way they want to without being threatened or chastised for it.

That place was sold out.

It's just that it was 100 degrees and humid as hell out there. People were often under the cover of the stadium looking for water. They ran out of water time and time again at the concession stands in the stadium last Sunday. Some people were carted off by medical staff because of heat stroke. The guy I went with (a large fella) had to leave at halftime to sit in the AC in his car. He's a die hard Skins fan like me, but he just couldn't take it.

The place was sold out, but it was too damn hot. Even for some of the most die hard skins fans out there. Believe me, this week will be different. It's supposed to be sunny and just about 80, nothing like last week.

Everyone last week were wilted do to the heat. It took a toll on everyone.
Most people fought that brutal heat last week and still made it to the game, whereas conventional wisdom will tell you to keep your arse home on day like that. I was fortunate enough to have seats under the club seats overhang but truth be told, I would have lost my mind if I was exposed to that sun.

I applaud those that stuck it out and screamed their lungs out last week. I think the energy will be even greater this week. My friends and I are ready!!!!!

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!

It was blistering, blistering, blazing hot. Right before we went in, me and my buddy sat in my truck and blasted the AC...the thermometer on my mirror stated 106 degrees.

I always yell my ass off, but I was suffering. My seats are on the sunny side of the stadium. I drank 1 beer, 4 jugs of Gatorade and countless cups of ice-water and I still got my ass kicked by the heat and humidity. I had never felt so awful at FedEx. People were huddled in the shade on the concourse. The First Aid station next to section 431 was overflowing and people were being taken away on stretchers.

Truth be told, all I could do was clap and stand up. The only time I screamed was on a few of the bigger defensive plays, the Cooley 1st down grab, the TD's and after the final play.

As far as the 12th Man goes, for the Saints game anyway, I give every in those stands a pass....

:doh:

What kind of a-hole would demand an elderly person to stand and yell.

Besides I'm sure he did his share of loud cheering back in the day of RFK.

Start it up~

Official Petition from Kansas

Walking Deadman you gave me the honor of being in the sore throat group last year when we got to go to FedEx~ KNOW~ that crew still exists in Kansas every game; however, next week~ we're moving to Dallas to show them what real fans sound like at an away stadium:cheers:

There was one poster in particular that did it b/c he thought it was stupid to encourage the fans to get loud and have an ES pep rally.....but he joined in on the fun as well despite his objections.

But I really don't want to do the "pump them up" threads when I guarantee there will be posters who will change the subject either to a) Bash the team

B) Bash Snyder (despite there's only a thousand threads on here already dedicated to that goal) or attack myself or others for being a Redskins fan.

That's why I stopped and I never used the thread to up post counts.....if anything it was a roll call for those who were attending and wanted some extra solidarity as we get ready to go to the game and GET LOUD!

Truly, who cares about the nelly naysayers~ PUMP 'IT UP:point2sky

I started this thread to point towards the past instances of Fed EX being crazy loud... causing false starts.... getting in the way of the QB audibles.

Last week was obviously hot and yes, the stands looked painfully empty.

If this was an because of the heat, then this week SHOULD BE A LOT DIFFERENT!

I can't go to the game. I want to see the Redskins and Fed Ex represented!

We are part of this team! The fan base. The 12 th man is important.

Never did see the other pump up threads, so I started this thread because it is important for 'We the people...' to do our part.

Quit the complaining a

nd quit the bashing. If you are old and want to sit down, then clap or do whatever you do. If your part of this fan base that takes the position that you, and everybody else there, can play a role and cause a false start, interfere with an audible, wreck some havoc on K.Warner, then LET IT LOOSE TOMORROW!!!

Let it out and let the players know they are at HOME!!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

To rince and WD: sorry if its been posted and I didn't see it. Question -- why was the Fed so empty do you think? That kind of pisses me off, but there may be factors I have no way of knowing about. Thanks for taking the time...

I didn't go to that game, but my brother and dad did. It was crazy hot and people were getting iced down and hydrated in the shade on the concourse. My brother said it looked like Baghdad ER.

Archived