Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Billy Kilmer and Busted Nose

Oscar Knight

I believe the game he's referring to is the opening game of the 1976 season that the Redskins beat the Giants 19-17. For game highlights, that was the NFL Game of the Week that week and highlights would also be on the 1976 Team Yearbook, both of which are available from NFL Films if you are willing to pay $50.00 each. As far as them actually showing him with the bloody nose I can't remember if that is on one of those but I do remember it being on a short piece about Billy Kilmer on NFL presents. I'm not surethe best place to get that, you may catch it on the NFL network sometime. Check to see what they are having on NFL Presents. NFL films probably has that show available also on DVD or video, you'd have to look through and find which show it was on.

http://www.redskinsdb.com/detail.asp?ID=543

• 4 weeks later...

The new History of the Redskins DVD has a piece on Kilmer on the 2nd DVD that features his busted nose. The TD they show though is actually one he threw in a 49-13 slaughter of the Giants the year before and not the 19-17 win in which he broke his nose.

EDIT: Disk 1 also has a little about that game and does show the winning TD from the game.

Archived