Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

p king apparently doesn't get it

KSSKIN

i did not see anything on this yet...

You know how they say Tony Romo sits to pee can't win the big one? (Funny, considering he's 3-0 at East Rutherford and Philly combined, by an average of 12 points per game) Well, if he opens by winning at Cleveland, at home with Philly and at Green Bay, we experts may have to revise our thinking.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I didn't know a game in week 2 of the season was "the big one". I thought the super bowl was the big one. and playoffs games perhaps...but not a home game in week 2.

:2cents:

While weeks 1, 2 and 3 count... I wouldn't consider them high pressure games with a lot on the line. Big games are usually playoff games, or games that are do-or-die in nature, making or missing the playoffs...

Tony might get you that far, but he hasn't proven the step up in the BIG GAME. Maybe he's too busy vacationing to take his job seriously?

Cant get to the big one with out winning early :)

very true...very true

I'm not saying winning early isn't important...it is! I'm not saying Romo sits to pee is a good qb...he is! I'm just saying he hasn't won the "big one" and the "big one" definitely isn't week 2.

The mediots are breaking out the Romo sits to pee love early this season...already we've been told that Romo sits to pee's QB rating after 581 more attempts could eclipse Steve Largent's NFL record, and now we're being told that if Romo sits to pee beats the Packers in week 3, we may not be able to say Romo sits to pee can't win the big games anymore lol...It's funny, but Romo sits to pee beating the Packers last season with home field advantage on the line wasn't enough, but beating the Packers THIS year with NOTHING on the line means everything. Yeah, ok.

The mediots are breaking out the Romo sits to pee love early this season...already we've been told that Romo sits to pee's QB rating after 581 more attempts could eclipse Steve Largent's NFL record, and now we're being told that if Romo sits to pee beats the Packers in week 3, we may not be able to say Romo sits to pee can't win the big games anymore lol...It's funny, but Romo sits to pee beating the Packers last season with home field advantage on the line wasn't enough, but beating the Packers THIS year with NOTHING on the line means everything. Yeah, ok.

I agree, it's way to early to get out the annointing oil, as BP is fond of saying. He's on the right track, nothing more, nothing less....

Wasn't it Eli Manning who was labelled "Can't win a big game" QB?

What did he do? Like Trent Dilfer, managed his team to a big win...

Romo sits to pee will win it, no question...

Managed his team to a big win? I guess the Giants must of have been the most talented team in the NFL last year by a wide margin, if they could carry such a mediocre QB to the Superbowl and beat the team with arguably the best QB in the league and the only one in history to go 18-0. With all the Pro Bowlers the Giants had last year, it's not surprising that even Eli couldn't screw up their postseason chances.

i did not see anything on this yet...

You know how they say Tony Romo sits to pee can't win the big one? (Funny, considering he's 3-0 at East Rutherford and Philly combined, by an average of 12 points per game) Well, if he opens by winning at Cleveland, at home with Philly and at Green Bay, we experts may have to revise our thinking.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I didn't know a game in week 2 of the season was "the big one". I thought the super bowl was the big one. and playoffs games perhaps...but not a home game in week 2.

:2cents:

What do you expect. Jerry and King eat Popcorn together. Didnt you see that on HardKnocks. Just paint the Star on King and we will pull out his own pom poms

Silly...the guy is in his 3rd year starting, and he beats very good teams, no matter the time of year. As much as it pains me to say it, he's an excellent QB.

Plus, I don't get the theory that games aren't big in September? What the Giants did is very rare. Every NFC East game is a big game, and Romo sits to pee should get props for playing well, and rebounding early against a tough Philly defense.

I think you mean Steve Young.

Wasn't it Eli Manning who was labelled "Can't win a big game" QB?

What did he do? Like Trent Dilfer, managed his team to a big win...

Romo sits to pee will win it, no question...

LOL your an Idiot. Do you not understand what a manager does vs a Clutch guy who is asked to go out and win a game?

Guarantee you Eli won more games than Romo sits to pee in the clutch when he was losing into the 4th and that score won it for us, or tied it to go into OT or won in OT. Feel free too do a little research on this.

Incase you forgot Eli scored twice (2) in the 4th quarter, only 1 other qb in SB history ever did that. His 2nd TD was with just over 2 mins when nothing but a TD would of done it for us to win the SB. Stop with your blinders and hatred.

Romo sits to pee on the other hand will do anything he can too screw it up at crunch time. Parcells told Jimmy Johnson that Romo sits to pee is a great player, but he always seems to have at least 1 bad play that can cost the team the game. Apparently he is right. Oh and if you dont believe it, go to wfan.com and click on Mike Francesas interviews, and you will find Jimmy Johnsons there.

So get off the hate Eli garbage and he is a manager.

29 yrs old & you dont have a brain 4 urself. You follow the talking heads or are just dumb lol. Guess you can decide.

LOL your an Idiot. Do you not understand what a manager does vs a Clutch guy who is asked to go out and win a game?

Guarantee you Eli won more games than Romo sits to pee in the clutch when he was losing into the 4th and that score won it for us, or tied it to go into OT or won in OT. Feel free too do a little research on this.

Incase you forgot Eli scored twice (2) in the 4th quarter, only 1 other qb in SB history ever did that. His 2nd TD was with just over 2 mins when nothing but a TD would of done it for us to win the SB. Stop with your blinders and hatred.

Romo sits to pee on the other hand will do anything he can too screw it up at crunch time. Parcells told Jimmy Johnson that Romo sits to pee is a great player, but he always seems to have at least 1 bad play that can cost the team the game. Apparently he is right. Oh and if you dont believe it, go to wfan.com and click on Mike Francesas interviews, and you will find Jimmy Johnsons there.

So get off the hate Eli garbage and he is a manager.

29 yrs old & you dont have a brain 4 urself. You follow the talking heads or are just dumb lol. Guess you can decide.

I understand completely what a game manager is, and Eli Manning did for the Giants what Trent Dilfer did for the Ravens... Plug in any QB for the Giants last year and they win the Superbowl regardless...

Peyton Manning is worst in clutch than Jay Fiedler... But according to your logic, I should go with Jay Fiedler... EXCELLENT JOB!

Like I said, Eli did what Trent Dilfer did... He made some nice passes... The prayer to Tyree was just that, a prayer... Looks like luck was in Eli's side that time... If Patriots secondary knew how to catch, the game is over...

So looking back at it, I think Eli may have done a WORST job than a Trent Dilfer... It's too bad Samuels and Marriweather couldn't catch...

If Crayton catches that pass from Romo sits to pee, the Giants go home...

Yeah, Romo sits to pee may have that one play where he screws up, but to blame him for last year's divisional playoffs is stupid...

Oh and Eli Manning didn't faced Osi, Tuck, and Strahan...

I understand completely what a game manager is, and Eli Manning did for the Giants what Trent Dilfer did for the Ravens... Plug in any QB for the Giants last year and they win the Superbowl regardless...
When did Trent Dilfer win a Super Bowl MVP against a team many were ready to crown the greatest in NFL history?
If Crayton catches that pass from Romo sits to pee, the Giants go home...

Yeah, Romo sits to pee may have that one play where he screws up, but to blame him for last year's divisional playoffs is stupid...

I've never understood this excuse. Steve Smith literally handed Ellis Hobbs an interception inside the Patriots 10 yard line during the Superbowl. But Eli Manning didn't just give up because whoops his receiver screwed up. He overcame adversity because that's what good QB's do. Why does Tony Romo sits to pee get a pass when his receivers make a mistake?:confused: Eli's #1 WR played the entire season on one leg and his #3 WR and starting TE were both rookies and he didn't need one.
Oh and Eli Manning didn't faced Osi, Tuck, and Strahan...
No, but in the post season he did beat 4 of the top 11 defenses in the NFL including the teams that were #2 and #3 in the league in sacks last year.

When did Trent Dilfer win a Super Bowl MVP against a team many were ready to crown the greatest in NFL history?

Superbowl MVP is like the Gold Glove of MLB... The person who deserves it never wins...

That MVP was deserved more by David Tyree or Justin Tuck...

I've never understood this excuse. Steve Smith literally handed Ellis Hobbs an interception inside the Patriots 10 yard line during the Superbowl. But Eli Manning didn't just give up because whoops his receiver screwed up. He overcame adversity because that's what good QB's do. Why does Tony Romo sits to pee get a pass when his receivers make a mistake?

Tony Romo sits to pee doesn't get a pass... But Giants fan, because of their jealousy of how quickly Romo sits to pee became a national superstar, tend to blame him for every Dallas misfortune, which is going a little too far... Tony Romo sits to pee is a ELITE QB, Eli Manning is in the bottom half of the league...

No, but in the post season he did beat 4 of the top 11 defenses in the NFL including the teams that were #2 and #3 in the league in sacks last year.

Sorry, but saying Eli Manning beat those defenses is silly... Eli Manning manages the game... It's that simple...

Eli never lit up the score board...

Superbowl MVP is like the Gold Glove of MLB... The person who deserves it never wins...

That MVP was deserved more by David Tyree or Justin Tuck...

Only two QB's in NFL history have thrown a last minute game-winning TD in the Superbowl. Tyree wouldn't have even had an opportunity to make the catch if Eli hadn't broken out the grasp of three Patriots' defenders. And Tuck was far from the only guy on defense who had an excellent game. Strahan was a beast against the run and got some good penetration. Osi owned Pro Bowler Matt Light. Corey Webster contained Randy Moss. Kawika Mitchell was a force. Even Jay Alford had a very good game, he drew quite a few double teams to free up the other defensive linemen, and he had a memorable sack on Brady at the end of the game. But no single player had as much of a positive effect on the Giants as Eli Manning. He was the Giants offense in that game.
Tony Romo sits to pee doesn't get a pass... But Giants fan, because of their jealousy of how quickly Romo sits to pee became a national superstar, tend to blame him for every Dallas misfortune, which is going a little too far... Tony Romo sits to pee is a ELITE QB, Eli Manning is in the bottom half of the league...
The bottom half of the league? He's finished in the top 5 in TD passes in 2 out of the last 3 years. He's one half of the highest scoring QB-WR combo since he became a full season starter. He's one of 4 QB's to have taken his team to the playoffs the last three years in a row. And he won a Superbowl in just his 4th year in the league. Who are these 16 other QB's who have been more successful than Eli over the last 4 years?
Sorry, but saying Eli Manning beat those defenses is silly... Eli Manning manages the game... It's that simple...

Eli never lit up the score board...

Neither did Tony Romo sits to pee during the playoffs. In fact, he couldn't even manage the game against the Giants.

Only two QB's in NFL history have thrown a last minute game-winning TD in the Superbowl. Tyree wouldn't have even had an opportunity to make the catch if Eli hadn't broken out the grasp of three Patriots' defenders. And Tuck was far from the only guy on defense who had an excellent game. Strahan was a beast against the run and got some good penetration. Osi owned Pro Bowler Matt Light. Corey Webster contained Randy Moss. Kawika Mitchell was a force. Even Jay Alford had a very good game, he drew quite a few double teams to free up the other defensive linemen, and he had a memorable sack on Brady at the end of the game. But no single player had as much of a positive effect on the Giants as Eli Manning. He was the Giants offense in that game.

LMAO! Corey Webster contained Randy Moss? LOL! Alright!

Like I said, luck was in Eli Manning's favor in that 4th quarter...

One good pass to Tyree for the touchdown and two prayers (one to Tyree and one to Plaxico) doesn't qualify as anything special...

During that 'play' Eli Manning's escape was LUCK, Eli Manning's throw was a PRAYER, but David Tyree's catch was AMAZING...

You're giving Eli too much credit for a lucky play... He had a Bret Favre moment, nothing special...

Tuck was the most disruptive... Check out the each passing plays and you'll see Tuck beat his man more than all other guys combined...

LMAO! Funniest comment to date:

But no single player had as much of a positive effect on the Giants as Eli Manning. He was the Giants offense in that game.

LMAO! I hope you're not serious with that comment...

The bottom half of the league? He's finished in the top 5 in TD passes in 2 out of the last 3 years. He's one half of the highest scoring QB-WR combo since he became a full season starter. He's one of 4 QB's to have taken his team to the playoffs the last three years in a row. And he won a Superbowl in just his 4th year in the league. Who are these 16 other QB's who have been more successful than Eli over the last 4 years?

Good job... Now tell me where his interception ranked...

Also his completion %...

Going to the playoffs in an 8-8 team isn't really anything special...

Eli Manning is Trent Dilfer whether you like to accept that FACT or not... He has good players around him...

Giants won the Superbowl despite of Eli Manning, so using that accomplishment to his favor isn't really doing much justice to other QBs...

Neither did Tony Romo sits to pee during the playoffs. In fact, he couldn't even manage the game against the Giants.

Even Tom Brady and Bret Favre struggled against the Giants defense... Both of them Hall of Famers...

Of course Tony Romo sits to pee is going to struggle...

Eli would be crying to come out of the game if he ever had to face Tuck, Umenyiora, and Strahan...

Archived