Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed Doughty Vs. Chris Horton? (Too Early>)

BleedinBurgNGold

:applause:

Reed has started a Minimum of what? 6 Times? Has played in about 27 games? Horton plays in ONE and has more picks than Reed has had in 3 years and you want to suggest Reed hasnt has the oppurtunity?
:cheers: we got a winner golks
You dont get it do you? I'm talking about the opportunity of fumbles and passes coming his way the same way those tipped passes and fumble ended up near Horton.
:doh: what? come on reed is out of position most of the time.

Horton looked good. He got two INTs on tipped pass and recover a fumble. One thing I noticed however was he blitzed a LOT but never any where near the QB. Reed does a decent job on blitz and pressure the QB.

I think Reed should still be the starter, IMO. But he's couple mistake away from sitting on the bench.

Horton seems to be one of those players who is always around the ball much like Sean T. Players like that have good things happen because they are there to take advantage of mistakes. Obviously Horton is no Sean Taylor no one is, but its nice to see someone with those same ball hawking instincts and yes he deserves to start next week. I think right now it should be a week by week decision.

Chris Horton had a great day, but I'm a little afraid that he will have a "let down" game or a "come back down to earth" game that a lot of rookies have. Look good one game, look dazed and confused the next.

I do like Horton's long term projection much better than Doughty's, but I believe that the game against the Cardinals game is a huge game that we have to win before we go two straight weeks on the road @Dallas and @Philadelphia.

I think the team is counting on Moore to take over the starting role but his health hasn't helped him and now he has competition with Horton.

I think the teams plans just changed, sorry Reed and Kareem-move up or move over, Horton is here. Even the wife noticed him all over the place. She was like hey isn't that the same guy from before. She probably remembers the dreads, but damn you can't help but notice him, he is active.

To be honest I like both rookies over Reed. No disrespect to him. I think he's a good backup, but Horton and Moore can ball. Obviously Moore seems injury prone, but when he was healty he looked good. Then tonite Horton was great. I don't think we can bench him. I think he had more turnovers tonite then Reed has had in 3 seasons. Sorry reed, but Horton is more athletic, faster, and seems to have great football IQ.

Absolutely not too early...Horton looks like a playmaker. He made more plays in 1 game than Reed Doughty has in his career.

Agreed. I really hope Blache took notice of the opportunity he gave Horton today and hopefully he realizes that Doughty's true position is on the bench or on special teams. I am not saying that Horton may be what ST was because nobody will ever replace the type of player ST was. I also understand that this was only one game and this team is going to face even better offenses than the Saints in the coming weeks.

Archived