Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Contrast

Norvitis

I consider it that because I don't think either Demetric Evans or Chris Wilson can handle full-time DE responsibilities opposite AC. JT may not make us an immediate contender, but it DOES give us two legitimate pass-rushers, which will pay dividends throughout the season. Game 1 was not a true indicator of how he will improve the defense this season. I believe it will take a couple more weeks for his knee to get better and for him to really get a feel for his new unit and the schemes it runs.

I still have reservations on the run-stopping skills of the 2 DEs. I hope they prove me wrong.

So What...Did we need a HOF QB to take us to the Superbowl? Did we have a HOF QB when we won 3 !!!

Wow in Dallas storied history they have 2. Romo sits to pee is not in unless you will make the HOF for never winning a playoff game. LAST time I looked we are at 2 also....Sammy B and Sunny J.

This thread = EPIC FAILURE

The OP said "drafted" and Sonny was drafted by the Skins. Of course, Romo sits to pee wasn't drafted by the Cowboys. In fact all 32 teams had seven chances to draft Romo sits to pee and didn't. But to the extent that the posts is trying to say that its good to have draft choices, I'm in full agreement.

I don't like making excuses for JC, but if he had the same OL as Romo sits to pee, not to mention the league's best WR, he'd look a lot better.

The OP said "drafted" and Sonny was drafted by the Skins.

I'm pretty sure Sonny wasn't drafted by us. He was drafted by the Iggles, than traded to us for Norm Van Brocklen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Jurgensen#Philadelphia_Eagles_.281957_.E2.80.93_1963.29

So the fact the Redskins acquired a 24 year old Joe Theismann for a #4 pick from the Dolphins, drafted Mark Rypien in the 6th round and signed Doug Williams as a street free agent doesn't show that the organization through the years has made some good moves at quarterback?

For all the hoopla over the Cowboys, before Jimmy Johnson and Co. went on their Super Bowl run from 1992-95, the Redskins since the merger in 1970 had won 3 Super Bowls to the Cowboys 2.

In re drafting quarterbacks, how about Miami? They drafted Bob Griese and Dan Marino and yet 35 years after the merger the Dolphins have 2 Super Bowl victories, or 3 fewer than the Steelers in their own conference.

Quarterback is the most important position on the field.

How you get a capable one, however, is NOT that important.

The Raiders won 2 Super Bowls with a guy in Plunkett that they acquired off waivers from the 49ers.

As far as our draft picks go, true we only have 4. But last year, we traded our 1st for 2 seconds, while we didn't have a 3rd (got a compensatory pick). We could possibly do that again. We also received 3 compensatory picks last year because of free agents lost. We signed ZERO FA's while losing a few. Expect 3 or more compensatory picks. We could still end up with 7 or 8 picks in the draft next year. Relax. Let April get here when it gets here. Oh, and Romo sits to pee wasn't drafted. He was an UDFA. Lucked out more than the Patriots did with Brady.

The Redskins have drafted exactly one Hall of Fame quarterback in their long history .... and he retired 56 years ago. In contract, the Cowboys have picked such luminaries as Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman and now Tony Romo sits to pee, who makes Jason Campbell look pathetic by comparison. This is just to point out how woefully incomptent our front offices have been since, well, forever. The Snyderatto administration is just more of the same.

You forgot Danny white who was agreat QB, just couldn't get past thelegend of staubach

The Skins did draft Theisman and Rypien didn't they? They both have 1 and 2 Superbowl rings respectively. The thing is with any capable QB is that the Skins were stable back then in terms of systems and the Oline. They weren't constantly changing all the time the way this front office has done.

The Skins did draft Theisman and Rypien didn't they? They both have 1 and 2 Superbowl rings respectively. The thing is with any capable QB is that the Skins were stable back then in terms of systems and the Oline. They weren't constantly changing all the time the way this front office has done.

I thought the Dolphins drafted Theisman, but he opted for the CFL for a few years?

The Redskins have drafted exactly one Hall of Fame quarterback in their long history .... and he retired 56 years ago. In contract, the Cowboys have picked such luminaries as Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman and now Tony Romo sits to pee, who makes Jason Campbell look pathetic by comparison. This is just to point out how woefully incomptent our front offices have been since, well, forever. The Snyderatto administration is just more of the same.

So Tony Romo sits to pee is going to be a Hall of Famer without winning any Playoff games or a Super Bowl? Both Staubach and Aikman did both of those to get in the Hall of Fame. Romo sits to pee hasn't so how does that make Jason Campbell look pathetic in comparison? Also those are the only teo Hall of Fame QB's they have which is the same number that the Redskins have in the Hall. Baugh and Jurgensen. So even though we might not have drafted two hall of fame QB's to lead this team we did a very good job with drafting, trading, and gather ing talent through FA to make competitive teams. The only reason this thread was made was due to obvious hate for Dan Snyder as owner of the Washington Redskins.

For the life of me I can't understand why so many of the uninformed Redskins faithful want to blame Dan Snyder for everything wrong with the teams woes. Does Dan Snyder play or coach football? No he is the owner. He has tried everything he thought was the right thing to do to make the Redskins a winner and he is called a owner that will open up his wallet to buy a Super Bowl winner. Well Jerry Jones does that also. He pays big money for players in FA but he is just a great owner of "America's Team." Come on give me a break. If you don't like the Redskins and their ownership then there are 31 other teams you can route for.

Such truth to this, another point about Cerrato is Snyder and Cerrato run this team like a dot com. Meaning they don't stay the course and think like in business management reorgs will work. Well I personally think that using Patrick Ramsey as an example. Had he Ramsey been coached with some amount of consistent coaching he would have been a QB on par with Jay Cutler, HOWEVER Spurrier and his minions basically destroyed him, then here comes Gibbs and I don't think Gibbs ever liked or thought Ramsey would be any good because Spurrier drafted him. Well fast forward to Jason Campbell who has basically had the same thing happen to him and now he is like a deer in headlights. QB's are supposed to PROGRESS not REGRESS and that is what happens to QB's that come here. I finally hope the curse ends when Zorn goes to Colt. However I seriously doubt it because once this season is over and we are sitting at 3 -13 or 4 - 12 and some new Sexy Pick is mentioned in the draft, we will have yet another head coach and another system to learn. See again this is just another reminder of how aloof Snyder and his minions are. The end result are fans that will continue to suffer with the shoddy product placed on the field and Snyder laughing all the way to the bank.

So Tony Romo sits to pee is going to be a Hall of Famer without winning any Playoff games or a Super Bowl? Both Staubach and Aikman did both of those to get in the Hall of Fame. Romo sits to pee hasn't so how does that make Jason Campbell look pathetic in comparison? Also those are the only teo Hall of Fame QB's they have which is the same number that the Redskins have in the Hall. Baugh and Jurgensen. So even though we might not have drafted two hall of fame QB's to lead this team we did a very good job with drafting, trading, and gather ing talent through FA to make competitive teams. The only reason this thread was made was due to obvious hate for Dan Snyder as owner of the Washington Redskins.

For the life of me I can't understand why so many of the uninformed Redskins faithful want to blame Dan Snyder for everything wrong with the teams woes. Does Dan Snyder play or coach football? No he is the owner. He has tried everything he thought was the right thing to do to make the Redskins a winner and he is called a owner that will open up his wallet to buy a Super Bowl winner. Well Jerry Jones does that also. He pays big money for players in FA but he is just a great owner of "America's Team." Come on give me a break. If you don't like the Redskins and their ownership then there are 31 other teams you can route for.

No Snyder doesn't coach the team per say, however we all can see he has his favorites. Also you can't compare Jerrah and Runt, the only thing they have in common are both are owners, white and rich. The comparison ends there because as much as I hate the Cowboys, Jerrah understands and knows football and Runt Snyder doesn't. No one will tell me who to like and root for and I am very well versed in knowing there are other teams to root for, however I remember Jack Kent Cooke who was smart, knew he didn't know football and went to get people that did, the end result was the 3 SB championships. Snyder thew how many millions STILL ON THE BOOKS for over priced past thier prime players? Has Jerrah EVER DONE THAT? NOPE!! So please your witty cantor and opinion on this subject is alot like Daniel Snyder owning this team, it leaves alot to be desired. Just because you think he isn't to blame don't fault others for thier opinions. The bottom line is Snyder has an fool running this team in old Bug Eyes and until Snyder is SMART enough to admit to himself he doesn't know what the hell he is doing when it comes to talent and drafting and goes out and get a Ron Wolf and completely stays away from ALL FOOTBALL RELATED DECISIONS we will continue to have a ****ty product on the field. The fact that we are always perenial Super Bowl winners every off season should tell you something. Jeez it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see fact. :2cents:

Archived