Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLShop Alternate Jerseys Weird?

iMeast

I decided that I wanted a Darrell Green jersey. They are kind of hard to come by so I thought it would be easiest to just make a custom one on NFLShop. I have the 70th Anniversary Patch so I made the decision to get the throwbacks the Redskins wore in his final year, 2002. Then I noticed something funny about the image on NFLShop. There is gold outlining around the number on the chest and shoulders that was not on the throwback jerseys when they wore them. So now I find myself at a crossroads of either not getting a Darrell Green jersey entirely (because I can't find a good one) or getting one that is kind of odd. Check out the differences: :saintsuck

redskins_lg.jpg

p3304101dt.jpg

Here is the item's link as well:

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2524233&clickid=body_rv_img

HTTR

Yeah I know the anniversary patch is not there, but when they wore them it didn't have the gold outline around the numbers. I love these jersey and would love to have a Darrell Green in it, but it is just kind of frustrating to pay nearly 300+ for something that isn't as "authentic" as it could be. I think the fakes of this style look more closely like it, but I can't get Green in those :-( . :saintsuck

HTTR

I noticed something funny about the image on NFLShop. There is gold outlining around the number on the chest and shoulders that was not on the throwback jerseys when they wore them. So now I find myself at a crossroads of either not getting a Darrell Green jersey entirely (because I can't find a good one) or getting one that is kind of odd. Check out the differences: :saintsuck

redskins_lg.jpg

p3304101dt.jpg

Here is the item's link as well:

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2524233&clickid=body_rv_img

HTTR

Well these become our alternate jersey (wish they would wear them) following the popularity of the throwback 70th Anniv. jersey's in '02. I guess they decided to upgrade them with the gold oulining the numbers.

These aren't being sold/marketed as the 70th anniversary '02 jersey's, but being sold as our current alternate jersey hence the difference in appearance due to slight design tweaks.

Well these become our alternate jersey (wish they would wear them) following the popularity of the throwback 70th Anniv. jersey's in '02. I guess they decided to upgrade them with the gold oulining the numbers.

These aren't being sold/marketed as the 70th anniversary '02 jersey's, but being sold as our current alternate jersey hence the difference in appearance due to slight design tweaks.

That makes sense and sucks since they won't wear them. Maybe I will get lucky and get a used one, fake, or replica somehow. :saintsuck

HTTR

We really should systematically wear these. I used to kind of have a certain amount of disdain for them because of the connections to prior futiliy. I would love for us to rock these one time during a night game or sumthing this year. We should have an alternate that we break out every now and again. I liked the 75th annis too. C'mon break em out!!! It's bad enuff that we never even see the burgundy tops except maybe once or twice a year. I know we will this season, just venting cuz I get tired of seeing the same old combo every week. Of course, winning is much more important than uniforms!!

iMeast - those jerseys you see on nfl.com and redskins.com are not real. They are simply digital reproductions. The numbers and names are pasted onto the pic by some computer geek who doesn't know squat about Redskins uniforms. I could be wrong, but I believe there is an excellent chance the jersey you receive will be correct - that is, without the gold outline.

For example, look at this jersey from nfl.com:

p2755248dt.jpg

This jersey does not exist in real life. Some idiot made this up and they're trying to sell these on nfl.com right now. But if you order it, it'll look normal.

If it isn't, you can always return it for a full refund.

Anyways, I guess Lar0n above will let us know.

Hope this helps.

I have to agree with MTH these are just an online template so you can see what your custom jersey looks like... They use the same numbers for all of the jerseys I believe...I have seen tons of people with custom 70th throwbacks and none of them have had the wrong numbers...

I'd be cool with the true burgundy from those 70th anniversary jersey's replacing the more red of the current ones.

I agree. As much as the true burgundy, the gold color of the pants and trim looks better rather than the more yellowish in the current color scheme.

Overall, I wouldn't mind seeing a permanent switch to this look:

redskins_lg.jpg

All of it - helmet, gold pants, darker colors... It would be a big change for tradition bound fans, but it's a classier look than the current unis and harkens back to the history of the team.

All of it - helmet, gold pants, darker colors... It would be a big change for tradition bound fans, but it's a classier look than the current unis and harkens back to the history of the team.
...except that the Redskins never wore jerseys that looked like that (e.g. numbers on top of the shoulders, stripes like that). But I admit it's not a bad looking uniform.

iMeast - those jerseys you see on nfl.com and redskins.com are not real. They are simply digital reproductions. The numbers and names are pasted onto the pic by some computer geek who doesn't know squat about Redskins uniforms. I could be wrong, but I believe there is an excellent chance the jersey you receive will be correct - that is, without the gold outline.

For example, look at this jersey from nfl.com:

p2755248dt.jpg

This jersey does not exist in real life. Some idiot made this up and they're trying to sell these on nfl.com right now. But if you order it, it'll look normal.

If it isn't, you can always return it for a full refund.

Anyways, I guess Lar0n above will let us know.

Hope this helps.

Yeah hopefully they turn out the way they are suppose to. The NFL needs to do some quality control on that site. :saintsuck

HTTR

...except that the Redskins never wore jerseys that looked like that (e.g. numbers on top of the shoulders, stripes like that). But I admit it's not a bad looking uniform.

You are right Mark, but the color scheme and the arrow on the helmet are from that previous era.

I wholeheartedly agree that this team needs a uniform makeover.

While I like the throwbacks, another combo that i like would be the throwbacks we wore last year, but with the anniversary jersey. I don't understand why this team wears burgundy on white, when everyone makes a big deal about the burgundy and gold scheme.

Also, the helmet with the arrow is sweet, but so is the helmet with just the R. I think the indian profile has to go.

Anyone have any insight as to why we haven't had an upgrade in the uniform department?

From what I've heard (don't take it as gospel), Dan Snyder likes the current uni set and wants it to stay that way. I've heard the mindset behind leaving them untouched is that this is the same template we used during the great Gibbs I era...that it makes for a classic look. Kind of like the Celtics or Yankees, a classic look that should never be changed.

The sad thing is that with us, we don't have the history of the Celts or Yanks. Throw out the Gibbs I era, and we're at the same level of the Detroit Lions.

From what I've heard (don't take it as gospel), Dan Snyder likes the current uni set and wants it to stay that way. I've heard the mindset behind leaving them untouched is that this is the same template we used during the great Gibbs I era...that it makes for a classic look. Kind of like the Celtics or Yankees, a classic look that should never be changed.

The sad thing is that with us, we don't have the history of the Celts or Yanks. Throw out the Gibbs I era, and we're at the same level of the Detroit Lions.

You should brush up on your Redskin history. The Redskins were the premiere team from 1937 to the late 1940's. Even before moving to Washington from Boston, they were a good team.

Sammy Baugh still holds records in the NFL that have yet to be broken. The Redskins were the first team in the NFL to be televised and they were the first team to have a marching band.

So what do you mean by...no history with this team?

Archived