Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP.com: Taylor: Knee Injury, Loss Tough to Take

ciscofan

Taylor is washed up. He will have no more than seven sacks, if that many. Every league personnel official knew Taylor was done ... except poor, pathetic Vinny.

Right.... that's why every single NFC East team was trying to get him according to multiple sources. I'm not saying their sources were right but I'm also positive their sources have got to be closer to league personnel then yours. What proof do you have that every league personnel official knew Taylor was done?

I hate to say it based off one game, but I think Bill Parcells took Vinnie for a ride. There's a reason NO ONE else was interested in trading for him. I think he can still produce, but something is definitely very off.

I guess they were worried the Giants would go after him aswell since Strahan retired and everyone was waiting for the regular season to get closer for Taylor's "price" to drop.

Hindsight being 20/20, it would have been nice for Taylor to be able to sit for a week but you have to LOVE his attitude. He doesn't want to take games off. He wants to play. Was he effective against the Giants? No, but you can't put all the blame on him. Zorn could easily have told him he wasn't playing.

I hate to say it based off one game, but I think Bill Parcells took Vinnie for a ride. There's a reason NO ONE else was interested in trading for him. I think he can still produce, but something is definitely very off.

This is not true, other people did want him. Don't just start making up stuff like norvitis.

Adam schefter reported that dallas also was talking to miami about trading for jason taylor.

John Clayton said this:

"What was interesting about the quick trade of Taylor to the Redskins after they lost two defensive ends during their first day of practice is how other teams in the competitive NFC East made phone calls to Bill Parcells. The Giants called to see about brokering a deal. The Eagles checked in, presumably to drive up the price because they are loaded with pass-rushing ends. In the end, the Redskins needed Taylor and gave the Dolphins a second-round choice in 2009 and a sixth-rounder in 2010. "

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3497836&searchName=clayton_john&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d3497836%26searchName%3dclayton_john

"The move comes one day after Jason Taylor was traded from Miami to New York's NFC East rivals in Washington. According to a report on SI.com, the Giants had held discussions about a three-team trade in which they would have ended up with Taylor, the Saints would have landed Shockey and the Dolphins would have received a pair of draft picks."

"Also, Gargano said that the Eagles were in the last-minute bidding fir defensive end Jason Taylor, who was traded to the Redskins on Sunday night.

The Dolphins reportedly wanted a second round and fifth round draft pick from the Eagles, who balked at the offer."

I'm still holding out hope that he is just getting used to a new position. Last few years he has been doig the 34 OLB/DE thing. It took Carter about 6-8 games to get used to the new position when he came over from SF's 34. I still think he can't be any worse than Daniels.

Wow. Something is definitely off huh? How about that knee injury he had. A similar injury that sidelined osi umenyora for the year. We are lucky he can even play right now. No one knows how he might have played in the opener if he wasn't injured and rushed back from the injury.

Seriously, some people need to think before posting. Atleast pretend that you pay attention to what happens with this team.

Sheesh

:doh:

Taylor is washed up. He will have no more than seven sacks, if that many. Every league personnel official knew Taylor was done ... except poor, pathetic Vinny.

What do you mean he's washed up? He had 11 sacks, and INT and a TD last season. And on top of that, why were other NFC East teams on the horn trying to get him?

I like the fact that he wants to play, but I don't want someone on the field that isn't 100% when the Redskins have guys that are at 100% at the position. I know that sometimes a player can be better than most at less than 100% but Jason Taylor doesn't seem to be one of them anymore. :saintsuck

HTTR

This is not true, other people did want him. Don't just start making up stuff like norvitis.

Adam schefter reported that dallas also was talking to miami about trading for jason taylor.

John Clayton said this:

"What was interesting about the quick trade of Taylor to the Redskins after they lost two defensive ends during their first day of practice is how other teams in the competitive NFC East made phone calls to Bill Parcells. The Giants called to see about brokering a deal. The Eagles checked in, presumably to drive up the price because they are loaded with pass-rushing ends. In the end, the Redskins needed Taylor and gave the Dolphins a second-round choice in 2009 and a sixth-rounder in 2010. "

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3497836&searchName=clayton_john&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d3497836%26searchName%3dclayton_john

"The move comes one day after Jason Taylor was traded from Miami to New York's NFC East rivals in Washington. According to a report on SI.com, the Giants had held discussions about a three-team trade in which they would have ended up with Taylor, the Saints would have landed Shockey and the Dolphins would have received a pair of draft picks."

"Also, Gargano said that the Eagles were in the last-minute bidding fir defensive end Jason Taylor, who was traded to the Redskins on Sunday night.

The Dolphins reportedly wanted a second round and fifth round draft pick from the Eagles, who balked at the offer."

Oh please. If they were so interested in him, why did they all wait to call Parcells AFTER our injuries on the DL? If they were all that interested there would have been news of this much sooner....or there would have been other teams outside the NFC East calling. And of course, most NFL teams usually like to wait until the start of training camp to bring in a new player. I hear they like that "new player smell" to still be on them when they come in. :doh:

The fact is, the only reason those teams were asking about him is they correctly surmised that we'd be interested after the injuries to Daniels and Buzbee. Their only goal in calling to ask about him was to drive up the price for us. And of course, as is usually the case, we fell for it hook line and sinker.

Many of us talked about the risks inherent in this move. Had he not gotten injured and performed well for two or three years, one could make the case that he was worth it. Since his window with us is so small (~32 games) every game lost significantly reduces the return on the picks and cap space we gave up for him. In short, it appears we've rolled boxcars on this one. :mad:

if it hurts then he needs to sit out until its better. he obviously was more of a liability to us thursday.

that statement just makes you wonder if he is just playing hurt now so he doesnt feel as bad when he retires after this season. most younger players would let this heal so they dont jeopordize their career. an older athlete in his last season....not so much.

Oh please. If they were so interested in him, why did they all wait to call Parcells AFTER our injuries on the DL? If they were all that interested there would have been news of this much sooner....or there would have been other teams outside the NFC East calling. And of course, most NFL teams usually like to wait until the start of training camp to bring in a new player. I hear they like that "new player smell" to still be on them when they come in.

Um rumors of discussions between the giants, saints, and miami were coming out before our injuries. As was news of other teams contacting the dolphins about him. Green Bay, San Diego, a bunch of others. Just because you guys didn't see these talks before he became a Redskins doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3451949

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2008/05/at-least-one-ja.html

We can continue this and I can continue proving you and anyone else who says that nobody was interested wrong, but its getting kind of tiresome. Were they interested in him at the price Miami wanted, maybe not, but they were interested in him.

Oh please. If they were so interested in him, why did they all wait to call Parcells AFTER our injuries on the DL? If they were all that interested there would have been news of this much sooner....or there would have been other teams outside the NFC East calling. And of course, most NFL teams usually like to wait until the start of training camp to bring in a new player. I hear they like that "new player smell" to still be on them when they come in. :doh:

The fact is, the only reason those teams were asking about him is they correctly surmised that we'd be interested after the injuries to Daniels and Buzbee. Their only goal in calling to ask about him was to drive up the price for us. And of course, as is usually the case, we fell for it hook line and sinker.

Many of us talked about the risks inherent in this move. Had he not gotten injured and performed well for two or three years, one could make the case that he was worth it. Since his window with us is so small (~32 games) every game lost significantly reduces the return on the picks and cap space we gave up for him. In short, it appears we've rolled boxcars on this one. :mad:

Thank you. You are spot on. And all these "experts" on here who think that this was a smart deal are crazy. JT is a great player, and I really was amped about the idea of him on our team, but the reality is that we gave up way too much for him, especially given that we aren't one or 2 players away from a superbowl. We need to be getting younger, not older, and by giving up 2 draft picks, including a very high one, we are only hurting our long term chances. Before this injury I thought that JT might play 2 more seasons, which would at least make the trade somewhat worth it, but don't you get the feeling already that this injury is going to be nagging him all season, and as a result at the end of this season, he will most likely just hang it up because of it? Old guys take a lot longer to heal, and I doubt we will ever really see him at 100%. Hope I'm wrong of course, but just my opinion.

Do you mean other than the other teams that did inquire about him including Dallas and Philly? You guys kill me. He hurt is friggin knee. He came back and played with a hurt knee. He has an injured knee. His knee was hurt. Did I mention it was one game and he played it against a very good running team with a hurt knee.

The knee-jerking that goes on around here is hitting new heights.

Um rumors of discussions between the giants, saints, and miami were coming out before our injuries. As was news of other teams contacting the dolphins about him. Green Bay, San Diego, a bunch of others. Just because you guys didn't see these talks before he became a Redskins doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3451949

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2008/05/at-least-one-ja.html

We can continue this and I can continue proving you and anyone else who says that nobody was interested wrong, but its getting kind of tiresome. Were they interested in him at the price Miami wanted, maybe not, but they were interested in him.

But no one was willing to pay nearly what we paid for him. What does that say?

Do you mean other than the other teams that did inquire about him including Dallas and Philly? You guys kill me. He hurt is friggin knee. He came back and played with a hurt knee. He has an injured knee. His knee was hurt. Did I mention it was one game and he played it against a very good running team with a hurt knee.

The knee-jerking that goes on around here is hitting new heights.

We are all very aware he hurt his knee. Thank you for clarifying that. I was a little confused. Wait, did he hurt his knee?

The point is that we gave up a lot for a guy who most likely will only play this season at least according to just about every analyst on the planet.

But no one was willing to pay nearly what we paid for him. What does that say?

How do you know what they were willing to pay? You guys really are killing me here. You have no idea what you are talking about and you are just pulling stuff out of your ass. You started off saying NO ONE was interested in Jason Taylor. I showed you plenty of cases of interest, now you are saying nobody was willing to pay near what we paid for him, another statement that you can't back up.

We are all very aware he hurt his knee. Thank you for clarifying that. I was a little confused. Wait, did he hurt his knee?

The point is that we gave up a lot for a guy who most likely will only play this season at least according to just about every analyst on the planet.

Um Taylor said he would fulfill his contract, ie this season and the next. No analyst has said anything about this being his last year since he came out and said that. The reason they said it before is because thats what he said previously when he was with Miami. Cerrato has guaranteed that Taylor will play a 2nd season here.

Jason Taylor can still get it done. I'm sure that there were games when he played for Miami that he didn't produce a sack. We're just through one measly week of the NFL season. If he only has 3 sacks going into the 12th week of the season or something, then complain about him. In the meantime, expect him to dominate like he did when he was a Dolphin.

Archived