Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP.com: Taylor: Knee Injury, Loss Tough to Take

ciscofan

I'm sure if I wasn't so lazy I could pull up some links to threads not to long ago that were calling for Andre Carter's head. Now everyone loves him. Yes the knee-jerk reactions around here are laughable. NO team or player is defined by one game let alone the first game of the season. I hope none of you have Fantasy Teams because I'm sure you did a whole lot of adding and dropping today. :D

How do you know what they were willing to pay? You guys really are killing me here. You have no idea what you are talking about and you are just pulling stuff out of your ass. You started off saying NO ONE was interested in Jason Taylor. I showed you plenty of cases of interest, now you are saying nobody was willing to pay near what we paid for him, another statement that you can't back up.

Um Taylor said he would fulfill his contract, ie this season and the next. No analyst has said anything about this being his last year since he came out and said that. The reason they said it before is because thats what he said previously when he was with Miami. Cerrato has guaranteed that Taylor will play a 2nd season here.

If anyone was legitimately interested in him, they would have gotten the deal done. The relationship between him and Parcells was putrid, and many people thought that if no deal did happen, there was a possibility he could get cut. Parcells originally asked for a first (reportedly), and after no interest, dropped it to a 2nd. Even after dropping it, he still didn't recieve any significant interest. Inquiring about a player and showing real interest are 2 very different things. Just because you call Parcells and ask, doesn't mean you're willing to make it happen.

Of course no one was willing to pay what we did. I don't have to back it up. If all these other teams that you roll out as proof of interest were actually interested and willing to pay what we paid, wouldn't he be on one of those teams? You're talking in circles.

Also, just because a player says he will fulfill his contract, you accept that as absolute truth? I would love to live in that fairytale world. If jason is nagged by knee injuries all season, and the skins finish off at the bottom of the nfc (which I really don't think will happen, but is possible), why would JT be motivated to return? Hollywood is calling.

I think the knee problem is worse then we know... :(

I think you are right. I hope I'm wrong about all this. I really like JT both as a player and as a person. I think if not for that injury, we could certainly expect another couple of seasons of near pro bowl esque play. But i really worry about that injury. I was at that game, and when it happened, I had a sinking feeling in my stomach that the remainder of his career was in serious jeopardy.

If anyone was legitimately interested in him, they would have gotten the deal done. The relationship between him and Parcells was putrid, and many people thought that if no deal did happen, there was a possibility he could get cut. Parcells originally asked for a first (reportedly), and after no interest, dropped it to a 2nd. Even after dropping it, he still didn't recieve any significant interest. Inquiring about a player and showing real interest are 2 very different things. Just because you call Parcells and ask, doesn't mean you're willing to make it happen.

Of course no one was willing to pay what we did. I don't have to back it up. If all these other teams that you roll out as proof of interest were actually interested and willing to pay what we paid, wouldn't he be on one of those teams? You're talking in circles.

Also, just because a player says he will fulfill his contract, you accept that as absolute truth? I would love to live in that fairytale world. If jason is nagged by knee injuries all season, and the skins finish off at the bottom of the nfc (which I really don't think will happen, but is possible), why would JT be motivated to return? Hollywood is calling.

I'm talking circles? What the hell have you been doing this entire thread? We get it you didn't like the trade. No need to start making up details on things you have no way of knowing.

You started off by saying "NO ONE" was interested in Taylor. I told you you were wrong and you were. I have actually provided information to back up what I said, you are just spewing out random lines about how you know that nobody wanted him and that nobody would pay nearly what we did. The first bold = wrong as I showed you. The second one you have no way of knowing, you should have just put that nobody would pay what we did and then there wouldn't be a argument.

And I love your last paragraph. So basically you were willing to accept the analysts opinion that he wouldn't play beyond this year as fact, but when I tell you what the player himself said all of a sudden I'm living in a fantasy world? You aren't making sense and really should just stop.

You can't play defensive end at high level after psneing all summer dancing. Its a different mindet. Dancing is about quickless and cardio. D end is about quickness too but a lot of strength to bull rush and get around guys.

Parcells did not trade him for no reason. Dancing may be good for basketball and soccer but football is more about power training and speed.

I'm talking circles? What the hell have you been doing this entire thread? We get it you didn't like the trade. No need to start making up details on things you have no way of knowing.

You started off by saying "NO ONE" was interested in Taylor. I told you you were wrong and you were. I have actually provided information to back up what I said, you are just spewing out random lines about how you know that nobody wanted him and that nobody would pay nearly what we did. The first bold = wrong as I showed you. The second one you have no way of knowing, you should have just put that nobody would pay what we did and then there wouldn't be a argument.

And I love your last paragraph. So basically you were willing to accept the analysts opinion that he wouldn't play beyond this year as fact, but when I tell you what the player himself said all of a sudden I'm living in a fantasy world? You aren't making sense and really should just stop.

I'm not gonna spend my whole day arguing with you over this. Agree to disagree.

Cerrato has guaranteed that Taylor will play a 2nd season here.

Not only that but Taylor also said he was not against extending his contract of course we would have to be in position to win a few games to make him want to come back. None the less none of us can predict the future and it is even more ignorant to guess after the first game when he was hurt.

Of all the dumb ass trades Vinny and Snyder have done, I'm not going to bash them for this one. They were in a forced situation of having to replace two DE's so they had no choice but to give into Miami's demands. This one I'm willing to give them a pass on. NOW, had they done this trade with our DE's healthy, I would be calling them morons for giving up a 2nd rounder for a 34 year old DE. Regardless of how good he is.

He isn't washed up, but he is playing hurt. Maybe he should heal first.

But no one was willing to pay nearly what we paid for him. What does that say?

Ever heard of this thing called supply and demand? It's where a point in the economy that a item of value is being produced at a lower rate than what is being demanded by the public. This lack of production to meet the demand causes the price or value of the product to rise.

Jason Taylor (product)

Many NFL Teams (demand)

One product, with many people demanding causes the price (draft picks) to rise. This concludes our lesson for today. Tune in tomorrow when we go over Mean, Mode, Median in relation to dumb ass Front office moves by the Washington Redskins.

BTW, Bill Parcells > Vinny in every possible sense of comparison, but especially at evaluating talent, and especially on the defensive and offensive lines.

I keep hearing this about the drafting Guru Parcells is especially on the offensive and defensive lines .

Seriously which of these is an NFL ICONs or even a stars or upper echelon starters or even starters? , Cantry, Spears? Hatcher ? how about Al Johnson Montavious Stanley, Pat MCQuestan? Rob Petitti? 2nd round pick Jacob Rogers...they have just kicked third round OT James Marten to the curb though he was picked in 2007 the year after Parcells left.

In fact the OL that Parcells built in the big D was either expensive FA or already there splahes some water on that ...

Parcells had some real finds in the draft .. like Ratliff but like every team in the NFL he had his busts including Bobby Carter, Fanaso, Julius Jones, Skyler green etc etc ..

If BP KNEW Jason was washed up why not take what he can get in the draft when the prices was actually higher and he could have got more help in the draft in 2008 rather than 09... why not cut him and save the cap space ? If he wasn't done why trade him at all ? Parcells knew like Jason knew the Dolphins were in a rebuilding phase and no matter how well Jason did they were looking at a transition - loosing- year....

Archived