Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After watching DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal.....

js79

Does anyone get the feeling that our two rookie WRs may be huge busts?

Granted, Malcolm Kelly hasn't played a down yet but the fact that he came into camp so unprepared shows some unprofessionalism on his part.

And Devin Thomas, in what we've seen in him in preseason, he doesn't seem too explosive or play with a lot of fire that I've seen in DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal...

It must be hard for rookies to grasp the WCO...oh wait. Kidding aside we have to give them a shot to truly call them busts, it has only been one game. Though I must say Eddie Royal was dogging DeAngelo Hall all night long it was a pretty impressive performance against what many consider to be one of the best man-to-man cover corners.

Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson got to play their first games against what could be the two worst teams in the league.

Just saying.

Yeah, and they also played for teams missing their best receivers thus giving them extra targets. The Skins only threw one ball to Thomas so far, and Kelly hasn't seen the field. Maybe they'll be busts, but I'll give it till week 8 or so to see how they do.

Not really. Some first reception stat lines...

Terrell Owens - 2 Receptions for 6 Yards in Week 4

Chad Johnson - 2 Receptions for 28 Yards in Week 3

Torry Holt - 3 Receptions for 36 Yards in Week 1

So the jury's still out on Kelly and Thomas (and Davis).

But what it does make me question is why we took so many receivers.

wow here we go again. Look, please understand that though DJ is an exceptional talent, the fundamental difference between DJ and our rookie recievers are the QB's. Ok let me put it like this. On sunday the Eagles had 3 recievers with 100+ yrds each, with the lights of (Baskett, Lewis, and Jackson). This is considering that thier #1 and #2 recievers were out. This is because the system and QB (Mcnabb) has been in place for the past 9 - 10 years. Therefore you can plug any average reciever in that situation and they will flurish. Its not that the Eagles have better recievers (because they don't), but its because they have a more established program than what we have right now. We will really have to wait and see.

Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson got to play their first games against what could be the two worst teams in the league.

Just saying.

I would argue that the Raiders defense (especially pass defense) is not that bad, overall they are a bad team but that aspect is actually pretty decent.

I would argue that the Raiders defense (especially pass defense) is not that bad, overall they are a bad team but that aspect is actually pretty decent.

Did you watch the game last night? They looked horrible. In every aspect of the game. They have talent on defense. But the coaching and cohesion is a joke.

Way to soon to say our recievers are busts. Its kind of hard when Thomas got the ball thrown to him only 1 time right? I think we need to get the ball to Thomas a little bit more then 1 pass a game and see what he can do. As far as Kelly well he hasnt even stepped on the field yet so to soon on him as well.

But it was extremely depressing watching both those guys have very impressive games.

say what you want about their Defense, Eddie Royal was going man to man on Deangelo Hall, and DeSean Jackson was making plays left and right, catching difficult passes, returning punts.. i guess some of you are right but maybe the problem is Jason Campbell.. we always find excuses for him every year, got him the weapons and he's looked WORSE..

does anyone get the feeling that our two rookie wrs may be huge busts?

Granted, malcolm kelly hasn't played a down yet but the fact that he came into camp so unprepared shows some unprofessionalism on his part.

And devin thomas, in what we've seen in him in preseason, he doesn't seem too explosive or play with a lot of fire that i've seen in desean jackson and eddie royal...

no

On paper they look real good. Paper doesn't win games however. Also, I honestly just htink this weekend was rookie debut weekend. WHen the Broncos get Brandon Marshall back, he will probably be the primary guy.

DeSean Jackson has more opportunity in Philly, especially with a solid QB in McNabb throwing him the ball, but who knows. The Rams had no one to cover.

Point is, despite how those 2 players did well, the teams do have bigger bodies still. We had Royal/Jackson types in Moss and Randle El. We needed the size that is necessary to sustain long seasons, or else the short bunch just gets worn out.

We'll see how well Royal and Jackson are doing later in the season. Also, we'll see how our guys are doing later in the season as well.

Probably should list some of the other 2nd round receivers as well:

Donnie Avery: Inactive

Jordy Nelson: No catches

James Hardy: No catches (DNP)

Jerome Simpson: No catches (DNP)

Limas Sweed: Inactive

Dexter Jackson: No catches (DNP)

Maybe that puts things in their proper perspective.

Jason

Archived