Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JC needs to be more Favre like!

skinsfan93

I'm not a big fan of Favre but you have to admit he is and always will be a gambler / gunslinger. He throws unconventional at times, tries to thread the needle, but the one thing you can say is that he allows his receivers to make plays. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Btw...sorry for yet another JC thread but what else are we going to talk about? :rolleyes:

Are you sure you might have your QBs mixed up?

It seems to me you are comparing Colt Brennan to Farve. Unorthodox QB, gambler, and gunslinger.

Campbell is a "do it, according to your given talents".

Wait a minute...if Jason Campbell played like a future HOF QB who holds major records at his position and has won a superbowl he would do well???

I can't believe nobody thought like this before...all along coaches were telling him to play like **** when the true answer was obvious! We can bring in hours upon hours of game film of Brett Favre and have our coaches sit there and say: "See how Favre just rolled out and hit the WR on that 50 yard bomb? Yeah okay, do that next week please."

THE ANSWER WAS IN FRONT OF US THE WHOLE TIME!!!

On MNF last year Ron Jowarski praised Campbell for using his eyes specifically: look at 1:18

I like the fact that you mention the Packers. I think they are a good example of how the WCO can look. But, Aaron Rodger has been in Mike McCarthy's WCO for 3 years therefore knows the offense he's running better then Campbell does. Mike McCarthy has been running his version of the WCO for 3 years and therefore has a better understanding of playcalling then rookie headcoach Jim Zorn. The differences were evident in the way the Packers started the game vs the way we started the game.

Rodger's first play was a pass to the TE from the shotgun.

2701241526_f74d31bd96.jpg%3Fv%3D0IMO That's the kind of play I would have liked to see the Redskins run. A simple pass to the TE -who is our best receiver (IMHO) from a formation the QB likes- shotgun. McCarthy ran plays to build Rodgers confidence in the early stages of the game even though Rodgers has been in the offense for 3 years.

I have faith that:

- our offense has enough weapons

-Campbell's has been an effective starter and effecient passer in NFL and will therefore master the WCO quicker then expected

-The WCO is proven effective in the NFL, Zorn is a proven QB coach given time his playcalling will improve

:cheers:

OK, I agree JC deserves a real chance to learn another system and will try to be more patient for a few weeks. I just want to see an effort to improve in areas he has consistently struggled with.....seeing the field, throwing it away when nothing is available, movement in the pocket, intensity. We need a leader at QB.

:cheers:

if he played like favre people would be calling for his head becasue of the INTS he could throw. Jason Campbell needs to become Jason Campbell and not try and play like anyone else. He just needs to get comfortable playing like he can.

4 years whats he waiting for?

If Jason has not shown he can do it by now then the Skins have a problem, look at Rogers for Green Bay, same situation as Cambell, Rogers has performed much better already, Why?

Well, Rodgers has been sitting on the bench learning behind Favre and also receiving instruction from McCarthy, who also was Favre's QB coach in 1999.

So, since McCarthy was hired in January 2006, Rodgers has had time to digest this offensive playbook from cover to cover. He's sat behind one of the best quarterbacks of this generation. Meanwhile, Campbell has had to go from his college offense (where he still bounced back and forth between coordinators) to two different versions of the Coryell offense, and now to the West Coast offense.

Look, just give the guy until the end of this season to see how well he has progressed in the WCO. I'd like to see how any other QB would perform given the tough circumstances that Campbell has had, going from coordinator to coordinator and offensive system to offensive system.

Rogers has been in McCarthy offense for 3 years, how bout you give Jason more then 1 week?

thank you. people see stuff all over the league and immediatley are like "well JC didn't look good, but aaron rogers did, so JC must be a bust" without ever considering the circumstances.

Rogers has been in McCarthy offense for 3 years, how bout you give Jason more then 1 week?

JC was in Saunders offense for 2 years and he he finished 1-5 in his last 6 games. Giving time hasn't helped him progress with a proven coordinator. Giving him time in a system run by a guy who has never called a play is probably not the best investment the Skins can make at this point.

Also, Rogers was on the bench for 3 years. Let's do that for JC. If he is as good as Rogers, he can learn by holding a clipboard as well.

Archived