Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wish we could watch the game from overhead view

B&GPride44

the entire game from the overhead cam on offense.

Then we could see where the receivers were when JC was getting to the last step of his drop.

Supposedly that ball is supposed to be out when his plant foot drops on that last step of the drop. Well he's not even close to doing that.

He needs to learn to throw to a spot and trust his receiver will be there coming out of his break and get his head around to make the catch.

If they can't then it's on them, either way he needs to get rid of the ball way more quickly! Pat once, pat twice and you're already way late. The patterns have broken down at that point.

For a timing based offense, we looked about three steps out of time on most plays last night.

Glad to see CP play with so much fire last night, and glad to see the defense step up in the second half.

Defense needs to work on closing out plays. Taking opportunities out of the air.

Did anyone see Jason Taylor make a play last night? If he was hurting he should have sat.

I'd rather someone else who is at 100% out there then someone who is just going out there giving it a shot on a bum wheel.

Oh and our Line looked like Poo most of the night too!

We have much work to do!

you see nothing from TV... it really ridiculous to make the judgements that are made on coaches and players based on the limited views and information (play called, hot reads, etc) we have as fans... it's shocking to see plays broken down from the stadium cam with knowledge of the routes and to see how many INTs are not the QBs' fault...

agreed though, would love to see the games from that view... have heard ideas passed onto the nfl about offering such views as part of a package in the future but nothing I would bet on happening in the next few years...

and like gibbsfactor said, I too have heard receivers were open but campbell had the periscope out and refused to turn it..

i just didn't see JC scanning the field any... it looked as if from the snap, he had 1 receiver in mind, and that was it! he stared down the receiver the entire route, and the touchdown was simply a result of Moss being sooooooo wide open with no one around him.

I sure was hoping he would have grown some in experience, and so many are quick to point out " its a whole new system", but being alert and giving the receivers a chance to make a play, as stated before, is something he just will not do. the awful 3rd down dump-off passes that were way short of being close to a 1st down pretty much sums it up.

i'm not trying to hate on JC, but he just doesn't have it.

i just didn't see JC scanning the field any... it looked as if from the snap, he had 1 receiver in mind, and that was it! he stared down the receiver the entire route, and the touchdown was simply a result of Moss being sooooooo wide open with no one around him.

I sure was hoping he would have grown some in experience, and so many are quick to point out " its a whole new system", but being alert and giving the receivers a chance to make a play, as stated before, is something he just will not do. the awful 3rd down dump-off passes that were way short of being close to a 1st down pretty much sums it up.

i'm not trying to hate on JC, but he just doesn't have it.

He was staring down recievers like a hypnotised patient staring down a swinging watch.

I know this much, Santana Moss had the defender storched on the bomb attempt, untill he had to slow down and wait for ball. That play was 6 points right there. I doubt he was the only wr open all night either.

Can't pin that one on JC. The ball was late because of the pressure allowed by the offensive line and him having to move around in the pocket to get the throw off.

However, I'm sure there are many plays last night in which he missed a receiver and I can only hope he improves in that area.

He was staring down recievers like a hypnotised patient staring down a swinging watch.

He was moving and reacting about as quickly as a hypnotised patient staring at a swinging watch as well. Someone should give some of the ole Dexter Manley/Lawrence Taylor potion before a game. He looks like he's moving in slow motion.

I know this much, Santana Moss had the defender storched on the bomb attempt, untill he had to slow down and wait for ball. That play was 6 points right there. I doubt he was the only wr open all night either.

It wasn't a question of an underthrown ball, because Moss clearly had to speed back up to even have a shot at it. According to Zorn, Moss thought Campbell had been sacked so he pulled up. If that's true it's a shame. You don't expect to see a mistake like that out of a veteran. Play until the damn whistle.

According to people at the game, receivers were open on many plays.

i would disagree. i was 8 rows from the top of the stadium and started paying attention to this in the second quarter to try and find out what was going on.

on most pass plays, we were flooding 2-3 receviers within seven yards of the line of scrimmage, and campbell was often rolling out there. the giants simply knew what we were going to do and were shutting it down with a tight cover 2 and tight man coverage. we never adjusted by trying to take shots downfield or run deeper/clearout routes (see moss td) to back the defense up, which is not something i want to see from the new coach. the lack of adjustments was killer.

the one throw to moss downfield was a busted play and moss wasn't even expecting the ball. though he should have been. the other play for a big gain (which i'm pissed i didn't see more of with a combination of cooley and a slot recevier) was a seam/skinny post to randle el. great call and execution there.

since he has been taught by zorn to get the ball out quickly, campbell was staring down these shorter routes. there were a few times that a recevier would be coming across on a deep cross, open, and campbell would miss him. but its hard to blame him because he was looking for in the direction of 2-3 receviers all night, and NO ONE was getting open.

the giants executed, and we failed to adjust. plain and simple.

Archived