Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ole' Santana...

Zarg

He had beaten the corner and Campbell was late with the throw. Had he hit Santana in stride it would have been a touchdown. You are supposed to run your route and look for the ball at certain point and if it is not in the air by then you don't simply keep running blindly down the field.

i'm no expert but i think you should keep running. why wouldnt you? last night, it could have been 6.

i'm no expert but i think you should keep running. why wouldnt you? last night, it could have been 6.

Keep running when you are OPEN! Even if JC had to tuck and scramble you are taking a defender out of the play when he is trying to catch up to you...

I understand the "come back to the ball" but that is for the medium to short routes, not the GO routes, uhhh or in this case the, GO, SLOW ("plays over, oh crap it's not!") GO route.

He had Ross beat, Campbell saw it, released it and it was too short from Campbell feeling the pressure. It was very good Defense on Moss' part I think. Some of you guys need to step back and watch some plays before criticizing constantly.

The 3 or 4 that hit his hands and he dropped... those are his fault, not that deep ball.

only thing is Campbell should have thrown it about a second earlier...indecision, once again

I think he was trying to locate the ball when he slowed down. If you look at the replay he was looking up in the air not at the line of scrimmage. When he saw it, that's when he sped back up again.

I don't blame him really but if that were someone like Steve Smith, he would've caught it. He just not as dynamic a player.

He had Ross beat, Campbell saw it, released it and it was too short from Campbell feeling the pressure. It was very good Defense on Moss' part I think. Some of you guys need to step back and watch some plays before criticizing constantly.

The 3 or 4 that hit his hands and he dropped... those are his fault, not that deep ball.

I agree completely. Can't put that long one on Santana. If the ball was thrown farther, it should have been a TD.

Apparently not one person actually SAW this Play. Santanna had him beat but there was a BLITZER in Campbells Face. He couldn't release when he was suppose to, Moss saw this slowed down then saw Campbell escape and by that time Ross caught up. if he ran full speed the whol time he would have been out the back of the endzone.

While the ball was underthrown, Moss misjudged it too. He stopped and had to recover to defend it. He was behind the defender and should have used his body to block the defender. Had he been in correct postion for the ball he may have caught it or received a defensive pass interference penalty. Neither of those may have happened, but he would have at least had a chance for it. Where he was positioned after giving up on the play was more of a rookie mistake.

Please tell me someone else saw where Santana had gotten past the corner on the long pass play... then SLOWED UP, once again, thinking the play was over... only to be caught up to and almost intercepted because he let the defender catch up to him....

I am getting sick and tired of seeing this from him... ie: Playoffs, Seattle...

PLAY TILL THE WHISTLE BLOWS... that was taught in Pee Wee Football!

I think the situation was that the ball should have been thrown earlier. I can't remember the play exactly, but didn't Jason scramble, which would make Moss hesitate as to what to do?

Apparently not one person actually SAW this Play. Santanna had him beat but there was a BLITZER in Campbells Face. He couldn't release when he was suppose to, Moss saw this slowed down then saw Campbell escape and by that time Ross caught up. if he ran full speed the whol time he would have been out the back of the endzone.

I guess we saw the same thing.

I think Santana Moss is one of the hardest working players every single gameday.

I definitely noticed that as well...........even if he couldn't have made the catch (and I think he could have) he would certainly have been in better position to defend.

I think that is where you are wrong, he suddenly was in a position where the catch was not posible, so slowing down put him in the best situation to defend, and he did.

I think Zorn mentioned it in the press confrence. He said Jason lost Moss with the defender in his face, so he hesitated to find him again, and Zorn said that it was Campbells mistake for locking in on a guy you lost track of, and not finding another receiver.

I dont think the ball was over throw because Tana broke it up in the endzone. But what I seen Moss failed to was what he was good at a couple years ago making the needed adjustment to the ball. Campbell also should have put that ball up earlier and a little more to the inside if he was trying to go inside the defender. Because Moss had Ross beat bad on that double move. If he was forced to go after the ball inside a little more then he would have been in front of Ross and had a TD or PI called.:2cents:

Best explaination. I see Moss making a mistake judging it. It was not underthrown. Maybe thrown to the inside instead of outside. He keep running, the worst he gets is PI, because Ross would've ran up his back.

some of you need to look again..and read posts from people that were there. Moss slowed down BEFORE Campbell threw the ball. He probably thought JC was gonna get sacked. Moss slowed down Ross DID NOT. Hence why Ross has the position on Moss. JC should have thrown the ball alittle more to the outside, BUT if Moss doesn't slow down...he probably could have beaten Ross to the position and adjusted himself more to the inside, pushing Ross more inside away from the ball. I wish I could see a more side by side, but I wonder if JC did take some off the ball BECAUSE he saw Moss slow down, then misjudged his catch up speed.

Add this to another great explaination. Well said.:applause:

:notworthy:applause: we have a winner folks :cheers::gaintsuck the route was a stop and go... thats what moss did beat ross like 3 times on a stop and go but campbell released the ball late due to pressure in his face, heyer didnt blow his guy up forcing jason to step up in and then release the timing was off allowing ross time to recover

Archived