Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ole' Santana...

Zarg

Please tell me someone else saw where Santana had gotten past the corner on the long pass play... then SLOWED UP, once again, thinking the play was over... only to be caught up to and almost intercepted because he let the defender catch up to him....

I am getting sick and tired of seeing this from him... ie: Playoffs, Seattle...

PLAY TILL THE WHISTLE BLOWS... that was taught in Pee Wee Football!

He had Ross beat, Campbell saw it, released it and it was too short from Campbell feeling the pressure. It was very good Defense on Moss' part I think. Some of you guys need to step back and watch some plays before criticizing constantly.

The 3 or 4 that hit his hands and he dropped... those are his fault, not that deep ball.

Dear God, did anyone watch that play at all. Moss had Ross beat after the first few steps. The ball was under thrown and to the inside. If the ball was thrown outside with more distance on it, maybe it would have have been completed. Please watch the play again, in fact, watch it a few times so you can actually see what happened.

Ball was under thrown so that's why he slowed down...

I dont think the ball was over throw because Tana broke it up in the endzone. But what I seen Moss failed to was what he was good at a couple years ago making the needed adjustment to the ball. Campbell also should have put that ball up earlier and a little more to the inside if he was trying to go inside the defender. Because Moss had Ross beat bad on that double move. If he was forced to go after the ball inside a little more then he would have been in front of Ross and had a TD or PI called.:2cents:

Definitely NOT under thrown... watch the tape. Slows down... speeds back up... and Madden and Michaels both comment "What great coverage!!!" Well it's definitely good coverage when YOU SLOW DOWN AND LET THEM CATCH UP! Don't bother to mention that Moss had him by 3 steps early then GAVE UP!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!

Who knows. Santana may have just misjudged how deep it was and by the time he slowed down he realized he needed to speed up again...

Either way, if he was 3 inches taller I believe that's a TD.

agreed

Dear God, did anyone watch that play at all. Moss had Ross beat after the first few steps. The ball was under thrown and to the inside. If the ball was thrown outside with more distance on it, maybe it would have have been completed. Please watch the play again, in fact, watch it a few times so you can actually see what happened.

just did. I agree with what you're saying about how it coulda been a TD, I think Moss also lost sight of the ball which didnt really help much...meh, spilled milk now.

the ball was certainly not underthrown..that's why he had to sprint to catch up to ross (further downfield) in order to break up the INT.. he totally pulled up short.. if he would have kept running, i'm convinced he would have been in a much better position for a TD rather than breaking up the INT...

it was underthrown and he thought campbell was gonna go down. i think most of these people posting were already drunk before the game. i hope so because you can obviously tell when watching it in real time and on replay.

Are you talking about he slowed before the 2nd move or after? Also if that ball was out a little earlier and able to hit Moss in stride after the second move then it was a definite TD. Because Moss opened a nice little window with that move. It was a very nice 2nd move.

the ball was certainly not underthrown..that's why he had to sprint to catch up to ross (further downfield) in order to break up the INT.. he totally pulled up short.. if he would have kept running, i'm convinced he would have been in a much better position for a TD rather than breaking up the INT...

Agree with that sentiment also. I think there were a couple different ways that play should have unfolded.

Ball should have been deeper and to the outside. Instead it was short and to the inside, a no-no in any offense.

If Moss hadn't of given up on the play, it probably would have been picked. Not a good thing, but I'd rather have the problem be a WR having too little confidence in his QB than a QB continuing to show his WR core that he is not adept at throwing a deep ball.

Moss had ross beat like 3 times on a stop and go, the ball should have been released alot sooner but campbell had pressure and had to step up before releasing the pass. he never got into a rthym it was horrible to watch our offense but i expected that.

Archived